It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-war protesters arrested near White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
WASHINGTON – More than 100 anti-war protesters, including the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers, were arrested outside the White House in demonstrations marking the eighth anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.
source news.yahoo.com...

please end the insanity, please end these wars!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Each day we come closer and closer to a darker government, grasping for control.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
echos of the Vietnam war protests of the 60's and 70's

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
At least some people are starting to wake up. What are you doing to get out there?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You'll find that what the OP failed to mention is that many of the protesters arrested were VIOLENT. Therefore it is null and void whether they were protesters or not, or whether this was at the Whitehouse or not - if you are violent in public you have every right to be arrested.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just like how the top brass and officials don't care about the general public and put counless lives in jeopardy on a daily basis, that's exactly what has to be done to them. I think all those hackers associated and backing wikileaks should dig deep and find all the information on the politicians and their families and release that information to the general public ASAP so if there is a rise to arms type of movement it's THEIR families who are also in jeopardy as well...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
sometimes violence is needed to get the subject to be noticed by the media and thus the nation. if passive protests alone worked we would be out of the unjust wars already .
i dont advocate violence however i do not condemn these folks, if the govt refuses to listen then the govt must be forced to listen. the media attention will force them to listen.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Well then don't make absurd scaremongering claims of, "oh no - the government is getting darker by the day" (to paraphrase) When in fact, they were right to be arrested.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Where is there any evidence they were violent? Your post sounds like pure propaganda. Maybe I am wrong. I have never used the T word in a post because it is thrown around so much, but it may be appropriate. You seem to claim that opposition protesters are violent with no proof. Using your assumption you justify the use of imprisonment, and arrest of protesters. It appears that you are only propagating the notion that all dissent is justifiably subject to the full force of the state.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Surely they weren't being more violent than some of our political leaders who never get arrested.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i never made the claim that they where violent. i only posted a portion of the news article and a link to the entire news feed.

if violence is the only thing that will get the govts attention then maybe its the answer.... would Mubarak have gone without violence?

i don't know the answer i guess i am searching for the truth, the post was intended to incite discussion of the issue not to take a side...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Read any decent broadsheet and you'll see many references to violence. I am not here to do your research for you. Typical laziness of today's society always wanting others to do the work for them.
edit on 20-3-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalIntegrity

That's why Americans need to bring the protests and violence to these politicians doorstep (literally). All those hackers with wikileaks should scavenge for information personally pertaining to these politicians and their personal life. Let's see how fast they'll cave when there's a mob hunting down their children lol, sadly this will never happen in Canada but you Americans have a better chance of escalating it to that level

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Mubarak in the most part went without violence. The protestors were all non violent. The only violence came from the police and the pro Mubarak supporters.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've nevr been a big fan of the anti-war protesters. I've always thought of them as appeasers, people who would surrender at the drop of a hat.

But they do have a right to protest. Now if they were violent, then all bets are off, though I do find it ironic that anti-war protesters would use violence to promote peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
if in fact they where violent perhaps they where so to protect their right to protest

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
reply to post by stephinrazin

Read any decent broadsheet and you'll see many references to violence. I am not here to do your research for you. Typical laziness of today's society always wanting others to do the work for them.

No, if you make a claim in a thread, it's your responsibility to back it up. Period. If you have read where there was violence, then post it. Or don't make the claim. That's the way it works here.

I have found no mention of violence. Just that the protesters were against the gate and didn't move away from the gate when they were told to. Perhaps they were blocking a gate, but I find no mention of violence. Please post a link to one of the many sources that mention violence. Thanks.
edit on 3/20/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The articles I read said nothing about violence. They said the people who were arrested had cuffed themselves to the Whitehouse fence, & others were arrested for staying put, & singing, "We shall not be moved", instead of moving on, as ordered.

edition.cnn.com...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
All violence is a threat to the world we live in and I feel violence should be eradicated. But who does the eradicating? Surely there is no one more violent than the world's strongest military. Being peaceful is the only answer and will always be the ONLY answer to rid violence from our world.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalIntegrity
All violence is a threat to the world we live in and I feel violence should be eradicated. But who does the eradicating? Surely there is no one more violent than the world's strongest military. Being peaceful is the only answer and will always be the ONLY answer to rid violence from our world.

Here, here. Yes, if everyone just made love not war the world would be a better place. Violence sucks - We need to stay on topic here folks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join