It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya to give weapons to one million people: report

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Libya could have more chemical weapons than we know, or even Nukes?

I've been doing some research and here is some interesting info i've dug up!

Read this first.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Then read this...

Sebha [Pharma 200]

Pharma 200, a plant in the Sebha Oasis 650 km south of Tripoli, has been alleged to be a chemical weapons (CW) production facility. Construction of the Sebha plant, said to be located underground at a military base, reportedly began in the 1980s. By 1990, at the time of the initial allegations involving Sebha, the plant was said to be nearly complete. The Pharma 200 facility was said to be designed using the same plans as for Pharma 150, the CW plant at Rabta, and it was reported that the Sebha plant was almost identical to the one at Rabta. There have been no allegations of CW production at Sebha in recent years.

The Sebha facility has also been linked to Libyan biological weapons (BW) efforts.

Prior to the release of the 28 May 2004 IAEA report, this facility was not previously associated with Libya's nuclear weapons program in the open literature. It is unclear whether the US intelligence community had associated this facility with Libya's nuclear ambitions prior to the year 2003, when Libya decided to abandon the weapons program.

The yellow cake storage facility at Sabha was termed Site F by the IAEA.

In 1980 the West German firm, Orbital Transport-und-Raketen Aktiengesellschaft (OTRAG) built a rocket-testing base in the Libyan desert. A test flight was reported from either the Sebha Oasis or the Jarmah Oasis on 01 March 1981. OTRAG became inactive in late 1984, and this effort soon collapsed.

A London report [The Sunday Correspondent (London), 8 Oct 89, FBIS-WEU 10 Oct 89, p. 12.] claimed that, in October 1989, about 100 German engineers were working on a 500-750-km missile system, code-named "Ittisalt," in a desert camp about 100 km from Sebha, the site of the earlier OTRAG work and also the location of an alleged second Libyan chemical weapons complex. The missile work was reported to be in the research and development stage.

Sabha is located in central Libya, at Latitude 27.0333 Longitude 14.4333. Sabha is one of the municipalities of Libya. It is in the center of the country. Its capital is Sabha.

Sebha [Sabha], a town of less than 40,000 people deep in the Fezzan desert, is also one of the main cities of Libya. It is distinguished by wide streets and white buildings which are mostly of one or two stories. Its singular social pattern gives it a unique personality. It is a modern oasis in the midst of the desert -- forest and green gardens invigorate both inhabitants and visitors. The modern Sebha was been built on the debris of an old town. It represents the development Libya has attained in a short time after the overthrow of the old regime by the Revolution inf 1969. The older buildings have been preserved for visitors and tourists to see.

Sebha has little to offer except accommodation, serving as the natural base for travel in the Fezzan area. The Ramlat Dawada area, with 11 lakes in the very middle of Sahara, is within reach of Sebha. The sand is almost red. There are many strange things in these lakes, one of which actually changes color, between green, red and blue, probably due to algae. Another is as salty as the Dead Sea. People from this area has been despised by Libyans in general, as they eat worms from the lakes [not actually worms, but a kind of prawn].

Sebha's main attraction must be its connection to Gadhafi - the high school he attended where his political awakening started. In 1959 the 15-year-old son of Abu Meniar and Aissha al-Qaddafi first heard Egypt's charismatic leader, Gamal Abdul Nasser, on the radio program, "Voice of the Arabs," beamed from Cairo. The school now is in normal use, looking in from outside. Sebha was the sources of the First September Revolution of 1969, and it was the pace where the Jamahiriya was announced in the "Declaration on the Authority of the People" on 2 March 1977.

So what if Libya have been building up its stockpile of chemical or even nuclear weapons/material ? we havn't acctually seen any defensive actions from Qaddafi yet, so it makes you wonder what he has in store if he decided to do something.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Any proof? Or just a claim made by the MSM?

This is incredibly basic knowledge for anyone who has kept even a casual eye on the situation in Libya. If you can't be arsed to do your own research then I'm certainly not going to do it for you. Looking at who commands, trains and organises the rebels in a military sense would be a good start wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Simple fact: you don't give out guns to the people, unless the people are on your side.

So either this is all orchestrated by the west as a false flag for attack, or the rebel uprising is considerably smaller than it was made out to be.

The speed at which the rebels retreated & the lack of willingness to stand and fight leads me to believe the rebellion wasn't as popular as many believed. IF and it's a big if, but IF this was a CIA "bay of pigs' type of operation wasn't that carried out by like 2000 men with the hopes of it turning into a popular uprising? Governments aren't known for their creativity so it stands to reason they might go back to the same old playbook especially in a time where popular uprisings in that area are in vogue.

That's about as crazy conspiracy theory as I get.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
If any citizens stand up against their government, then they should expect the same support. i.e bombing all of the airfields, naval bases and other military installations.

... also roads, bridges, schools, hospitals.... anywhere one of those Gaddafi loyalist may be hiding

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

So your proof that the media is not lying about Gaddafi attacking his own people is the media reporting that Gaddafi attacked his own people.

Clever that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Libya MIGHT have a giant dinosaur reconstructed from DNA out in the waters off its shores that it plans to call up and turn on the "West" too.

Gaddafi MIGHT be in contact with hostile aliens with a taste for "western" flesh and this is all a ploy to get us down there where we can be harvested more easily.

"Might" is really not a good argument when it comes to starting a war.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Libya MIGHT have a giant dinosaur reconstructed from DNA out in the waters off its shores that it plans to call up and turn on the "West" too.

Gaddafi MIGHT be in contact with hostile aliens with a taste for "western" flesh and this is all a ploy to get us down there where we can be harvested more easily.

"Might" is really not a good argument when it comes to starting a war.

Thanks for your constructive post.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Anytime, really.

I just like being helpful like that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

So your proof that the media is not lying about Gaddafi attacking his own people is the media reporting that Gaddafi attacked his own people.

Clever that.

What? You're obviously very confused.

You displayed spectacular ignorance by asking me to prove that members of Gaddafi's military had defected. I told you to do your own research. How are you getting on?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

This is incredibly basic knowledge for anyone who has kept even a casual eye on the situation in Libya.

In this, you are arguing that the media is a reliable source to tell us what is actually going on in Libya, AND, you are commiting a logical fallacy by pretending that something being widely "known" makes it valid.

en.wikipedia.org...

n logic, an argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."

Originally posted by SoshhIf you can't be arsed to do your own research then I'm certainly not going to do it for you.

But here is the problem. YOU made a claim about his military and I asked you to support your claim. If you cant be arsed to support your own claims........... Its the job of the person making the argument to support it, not the person challenging the argument. Why should I do you work for you?

Im not going to use "widely known" media claims about what Gaddafi is doing to his people or how much of his military is against him as evidence, because I am of the opinion that propaganda being spread via the media is being used to justify this attack on Libya. If you have actual evidence to the conrary, provide it. A video? Anything?

Because if not, you are just offering opinion, and you have no justification to get all snitty at those who offer contradictory opinions.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"Gaddafi attacked his own people"

I wonder why anyone would believe the msm about anything.. They have lied and spun just about everything they get there hands on...Gaddafi is just the new boogie man and the U.S. bankers elites need a new acquisition to fuel their endless greed and control.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

This is incredibly basic knowledge for anyone who has kept even a casual eye on the situation in Libya.

In this, you are arguing that the media is a reliable source to tell us what is actually going on in Libya, AND, you are commiting a logical fallacy by pretending that something being widely "known" makes it valid.

No I wasn't. Viewing "the media" is not the only way of gathering information, if it's the only way that you can think of then I feel sorry for you.

Originally posted by SoshhIf you can't be arsed to do your own research then I'm certainly not going to do it for you.

But here is the problem. YOU made a claim about his military and I asked you to support your claim. If you cant be arsed to support your own claims........... Its the job of the person making the argument to support it, not the person challenging the argument. Why should I do you work for you?

What I said about Gaddafi's military is a fact and something that anyone worth talking to should know. Perhaps you would like to explain how, for example, ex-members of Gaddafi's military could possibly occupy positions of command in the opposition without defecting? I suspect that you didn't even know that.

I know that it's unfair of me to force you to make a little effort, but I couldn't care less. Unfortunately, holding your hand and educating you is not high in my priorities and it is much more fun for me if I allow you to continue making a fool out of yourself.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

In other words, you have nothing.

No problem. Its all good. Its how many arguments end here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

In other words, you have nothing.

I’ve proven which one of us has nothing and it certainly isn’t me. There’s no excuse for laziness, if you enjoy being ignorant then that's fine but don't pretend that you aren't.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Before to long your going to see how these people in Libya feel when WE are attacked by a foreign nation who has no business being here. We're going to be attacked for the wrong doing of the U.S. Corporation Of America...of which 99% of us are against....These evil Bastards need to be brought down and brought down hard and fast....It's coming so you might as well get prepared....and the 1% of you that are holding up their scrotums, your gonna get pissed on....
edit on 20-3-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Gaddafzilla?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I was talking to an old friend earlier today whos a marine and he said that they have known for awhile that the USA would send ground troops into libya? He said that they were forbidden to tell and that he has a friend that is going to be deployed there on march 25. obviously there are a lot of flaws like how a person so low on a command chain would know but i felt that it should be mentioned. From an obvious standpoint they are being armed because they are pro gadafi government but what if they are being armed for an invasion that would be one big can of worms to discuss. but eh i just felt like i should mention it

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I think you'll find Libya doesn't have an abundent supply of oil, in fact compared to other sources oil from Libya makes up a smaller contribution on the world stage.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

It's all talk, he's not going to give the people weapons, he's a tyrant, and a nut case of a tyrant to boot.
Unless he's so far gone mad, and can't understand any reasoning anymore, than in his insane reasoning he might just do that. Maybe he's has a plan to get out of Dodge real quick after arming the people, who knows these days what's what.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Libya could have more chemical weapons than we know, or even Nukes?

whoa, whoa, whoa !!
slow down !!!

I don't care what source you plop up there
as confirmation that Gadhaffi may have nukes.

It is something we have ALL heard before
on the floor of the UN Assembly equipped
with charts and graphs and pics of mobile
chemical weapons facilities. Sec. of Defense
Colin Powell did an excellent job of lying
to the whole world about the reasons why
we need to ouster Saddam Hussein and
where were those chemical weapons found???
In Colin Powell's imagination !!! Just like this
claim is in somebody's imagination. The
BBC is being fed a propaganda story full
of lies and they printed it as fact. Gadhaffi
has just as much chance of having a nuke
program as my next door neighbor. I am
gonna call utter BS on that story. I have
heard the lies before and this time they
ain't flying.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>