It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funeral Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have been working at a funeral home in a small town for three months now . There was an incidence that happen at the cemetery my second week there , we had three days of rain and the water pushed one of the plastic vaults out of the ground , they are called floaters , and when this happens you are suppose to pump the water out of the grave and put concrete on top of the vaults to hold it down . well, the guy that is training me said he was going to sink the grave , so he poked several holes into the vault with a sharp shooter. The vault fills up with water and sinks . This really bothered me and it felt wrong , so I did some research and found out that this man's family spent over twelve thousands dollars on his funeral. After he done this horrible thing he told me not to tell anyone about this that he would lose his job . I want to tell the deceased family , but if I was to do this, they would sue the funeral home and a lot of good people would lose their jobs because the funeral home would go out of business , The funeral home barely makes enough money to pay us .I don't know what to do .

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When you say plastic vault, do you mean the coffin that the body is in? if so i don't know what you should do, it would upset the family to know this has happened, but it is wrong what your colleague has done.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Do whatever you think is right. Personally I think that the family had their $12,000 funeral. The funeral is for the family not the deceased. The guy in the coffin doesn't care. Much worse than this goes on in graveyards all over the world, it isn't a big deal. All that said, you must take the course of action dictated by your conscience and you must then live with the consequences of your action.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is a very sticky moral dilemma.If it were me, I would also be upset about it like you are.However, I think in the end I would not tell the family.They've been through enough heartache and this would probably just bring up more pain and anguish for them......

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiationThe vault protects the casket , the man's casket was a mahogany casket it cost well over three thousands dollars.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would not tell the family. No need to upset them further. But I would tell my supervisor. It shouldn't be your responsibility to decide what to do about this. But it shouldn't be allowed to happen again, IMO. The guy that did it should be fired. I would tell my boss.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The deceased probably doesn't care and his relatives have suffered enough already, if you weigh the possible benefits of exposing this against potential harm the answer is clear.
I would however, make that co-worker my "bitch" and hold this over his head for eternity. Make him buy your lunch, give you cash etc.

top topics

join