It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a remote viewer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have a serious question to the good people here on ATS.

First a little history into why I ask the question.
One of my earliest wierd memories was a time I dreamt I was floating, not flying as such, just floating, I slept in the top bunk sharing a room with my brother, in the morning I was woken by my brother, I was on the floor with my blanket over me and my pillow still on the bed.
Now if I fell out of bed I would have woken or my mother would have come running in by the thud I would have made, neither occured, to this day I still believe I levitated.
I was 8 years old at the time.

now all my life I have been a person who had Déjà vu, lasting from a couple of seconds up to 10 seconds,
Now the strange thing about my Déjà vu was that as a kid, I would just get the common Déjà vu but as I got older I was able to somehow change it, what I mean is that I knew that I was meant to turn my head and see something yet I resist and don't look and still have the Déjà vu sensation.

next event was I was involved in a car accident, long story short, I crossed 2 lanes of traffic and was hit on the passenger door and it sent my car from one side of the intersection to the other, my memory of that event was clearly hearing someone say "You 'snip' idiot" just before impact and then I remember looking at myself lying accross the front bench seat saying with no emotion at all "your dead" then I remember getting out of the car with nothing more than a bruised hip and a small cut on my ear from the broken glass, I know I didnt imaging this and see myself in the mirror as the mirror was attached to the windscreen which was now shattered all over the car.

again all my life I have had an ability to read people, favorite colors, numbers animals etc...., I could even get the color of their bedroom right, I would form a mental picture in my head and pretty much describe their house, stopped doing that however as it really freaked people out and a lot of people chose to keep their distance.

now for remote veiwing, I believe I have seen someone I was dating years ago who said they where going to visit her family for a few weeks but turned out that she was in another country with another man, I saw her in bed , I knew it was another country eventhough I only saw the 2 of them in bedroom.
she admitted to going to new zealand with a "freind", this same freind ended up with her.

another time I saw a person I knew talking to another freind next to a truck, I could tell he was proud of his truck, a week later I talked to him on the phone and he told me he just started his own removalist company and he had just purchased his truck,

now what is hapening more and more now is I am getting a crystal clear image of a garden, this is while I am awake, like a day dream, but I am talking crystal clear of a perfect garden.

Now Am I a remote veiwer? am I gifted or is it just lucky guesses?
If I am gifted, how can I retrain myself to use this ability on call rather than just occasionally.

Normally I don'y come in this forum much, but the feelings I am getting lately have had me questioning more and more.
for the record I also saw what I believe to be 4 ufo's doing unbelievable manouvers when I was 12 years old, I wasn't the only witness to the event, 4 others I was with saw it and another 3 people witnessed it from another location. I don't think this is related to the topic however.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
nice story,

what is my favorite colour?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

I don't know what to call it, but I've had the exact same experiences, except i could never tell which were going to actually happen and which are not. So i stopped practicing it, and now i give it no attention at all.

Probably a big mistake on my part, but we live we learn and we die right?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
nice story,

RV doesn't quite work like that.

Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means, in particular, extra-sensory perception (ESP) or sensing with mind.
(Source)

Seeing objects, not guessing what someones favorite color is.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I will read the wiki in a bit, and I find it very interesting that the army tested it for a very long time.

That makes it very probable that other human beings have this ability if not everyone.

edit on 20-3-2011 by sevensheeps because: edit

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It is a real subject tested by the US army back in the days.

I don't remember saying it wasn't.

And I know they tested it, I did a thread on Project Stargate a while ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

nice story,

maybe if I sat down and talked to you I may be able to tell you, but as I am only replying to pixles on a screen it would make it a little harder.
I also stopped doing it as I mentioned it freaked people out and made it a bit harder to make freinds, thats why I am asking here if there is a way I may be able to retrain this ability again if I had any.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Honestly I think your pretty average.
I know that may sound like an insult since most people cringe at the thought of being "plain jane" But what do ya do?
What you explained in your post is very similar to many of the scenarios that have taken place in my life, most happened when I was younger and slowly decreased as I aged, but they still occur.
That being said, I'm fairly certain that if it happens to me and it also happens to you, then it must be a relatively common occurrence.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

It is a real subject tested by the US army back in the days.

I don't remember saying it wasn't.

And I know they tested it, I did a thread on Project Stargate a while ago.

I will do the reading now, thanx for the link Rising Against.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

nice story,

maybe if I sat down and talked to you I may be able to tell you, but as I am only replying to pixles on a screen it would make it a little harder.
I also stopped doing it as I mentioned it freaked people out and made it a bit harder to make freinds, thats why I am asking here if there is a way I may be able to retrain this ability again if I had any.

I understand, but it was just a little joke, flagged your story and I wish you all the best.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

never thought I was anything more than normal or average

I suppose many people who experience these things don't talk about them for the ridicule factor, something that doesn't bother me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You know what the funny thing is about that picture.

It is the same kinds of green my room are painted in. And the colourcharts are the same as the one I got in the paint store to pick the colour green.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'll show you, just a second

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
cl.ly...

It's a little sunny here but you are not far off at all (=

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Hey man, sorry about that, I just caught the fact that I didn't make myself very clear.
Yeah I never meant to imply that you perceived yourself as special in anyway, but were merely asking if you were an RV.
Anyway, I guess my post stems from two factors. One being what you mentioned, that if you say something to someone they assume you are trying to impress upon them your abilities, even though that's not the point and such abilities may be very natural.

AND two, that you may have delusions of grandeur over the excitement that comes from of hoping you are not boring like everyone else.

My personal feelings......I hate the thought of being a plain ol boring guy....nothing special, nothing great.

As far as RV goes, I think that you may have some version of it. I have seen and apparently done things that are insane and can't be explained, and one of the experiences had a very negative effect on my former room mate. Perhaps we are more special than I think.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

never thought I was anything more than normal or average

I suppose many people who experience these things don't talk about them for the ridicule factor, something that doesn't bother me.
You'll find some people believe in RV, and some people don't.

If you read up on the military testing, you'll find they had some people in each camp.

Personally I've migrated from the "I want to believe it" camp to the skeptical camp. I'm still open-minded to believe it if I ever see any good proof, but I've never seen any good proof. As you put it, I think they are "lucky guesses" but not even really that, our minds trick us into thinking they are lucky guesses, especially if we "want to believe" like I used to, it biases our interpretation of the results.

I'd suggest watching Derren Brown's episode on remote viewing, it provides a few insights:

Derren Brown and Dr. Carr - Remote Viewing

Synopsis: If you make enough guesses, one of them might be right. But you have to count all the wrong guesses also to objectively evaluate remote viewing. This is where most people fail at being objective, not only with remote viewing but with other types of psychic abilities.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Tell me what I am thinking (13:30 EDT) at the moment and
I will tell you if you are remote viewing or not,,,,,,,,

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Tell me what I am thinking (13:30 EDT) at the moment and
I will tell you if you are remote viewing or not,,,,,,,,

I didn't say I was a mind reader,
Plus I just got out of bed, so unless you where somehow a part of my random dream I doubt that I could read your mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

thanks for the video, but what I saw was much different than that, It was like on both occasions that I was standing as an invisible third person looking at my surroundings, not looking through their eyes but looking through my own.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join