It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could CERN have caused the Japan earthquake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My first thread. Please be kind.
I have no background in science/physics. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Is it HAARP, CERN, or some other device our government has that we don't know about? Or is Mother Earth just REALLY angry? Just want answers. If anyone has expertise on this area, comments would be appreciated. See what you think....

LHC restarts the >9 Earthquake

CERN has restarted this week the LHC. A 9 earthquake has hit Japan. Soon the ultra-safe nuclear reactors that could never go wrong, like CERN, melted.

Abstract: The Large Hadron Collider is the biggest magnetic field on Earth after its center. Earthquakes are caused by changes in the magnetic field of the Earth. Since the machine switched on in 2010, there has been a significant -100% increase on Earthquakes from the statistical mean of 13 plus 7, to 21 in 2010 and this year mean of 25 . No other significant change on magnetic fields have taken place on Earth. Moreover, for the first time in history, two super-earthquakes over 8.8 in the Richter scale (Chile and Japan), happened in consecutive years… This possible chain of cause-effect, which we predicted in our first post on this web 2 years ago, added to the evident risks of 2014, when the machine upgrades its strength beyond the 10 Tev barrier of creation of black holes show the immense risks on human lives of this machine.

The degree of corruption of the Nuclear Industry, lack of safety measures, constant denial of risks and victims of Nuclear accidents (56 dead recognized in Chernobyl by the IAEA, when Belorussia affirms 200.000 cancer victims) shows a pattern that CERN continues with its duplicity on the case of the Castor Papers in which it affirms it will likely make strangelets.

Meanwhile the company keeps defaulting suits and bypassing the last resolution of a German Court asking for a safety conference; and the general public and politicians blindly trust their ‘experts’, whose outdated theories are of no importance to the future of science, advancing through the new avenues opened by the 4th paradigm of multiple time arrows and topological spaces…

The anti-Nuclear movement and Green party should not continue its wishful blindness to this issue and demand the safety conferences asked by the German Court, understanding once and for all that CERN is not different from the rest of the Nuclear Industry, in its risks, its lack of safety standards, its use of newspeaks to diffuse those risks, its indifference for ethics and potential losses of human lives and its stiff-necked. patronizing pretension of expertise in fields they do not fully understand.

The magnetic field of the earth is a typical case of chaotic and fractal effects that strengthen it in forms geological researchers ignore, but given its fluid, highly enegetic form, its easier simmile is with the buterfly effect of a storm. To pretend we know how this 100% growth has taken place, is false. TO KNOW THT either because the lhc is producing types of dark matter, black holes or strnagelets, that ‘hopefully’ decau on their fall to earth, or because its magnetic rings affect in a butterfly effect a cascade of changes in the earth’s fields that infcreases earthquakes this can happen with a seizable probability and calculate the costs in trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of life of earthquakes is easy.

immediate action is needed and yet not even the press talks of this issue. Why?

CERN came on again today. The graph changed since I first saw it, but looked to come on at 10:20 (their time).

Some more reading material:

From April 2010- www.cerntruth.com... See Link for full article

2010 Record in Earthquakes
LAST DATA UPDATE: 19th August
- In the past month till today, 19th August, the Earth has experienced a total of 9 earthquakes higher than 7 in the Richter scale, when many years there is only 1 each month… Most of them are taking place in the antipodes region of CERN at great depth, showing inner disturbances in the gravitomagnetic fields of the planet.
- The present surge in earthquake and volcano activity might be anthropic. 2010 is statistically the highest year on record on earthquakes for all categories, except for the man-made surge during II world war carpet bombing in 1943.
- If we consider only the statistics for April there is a further surge for 2010. But what has humanity done this April 2010, to create fluctuations in the gravitational and magnetic fields of the earth responsible for magma motions that cause earthquakes? Very simple: we have switched on what is today the strongest gravitomagnetic field on this planet, the Large Hadron Collider.
- Since this machine that could latter in the decade at higher energy/mass produce strangelets (Pb-pb collisions) and black holes (over 10 Tev collisions), is today the strongest gravitomagnetic field on Earth. Since Earthquakes, like avalanches, are released by a butterfly effect, the initial change on the gravitational and magnetic fields of the Earth to trigger the release of the potential energy stored in a fault is minimal, below the power of the LHC’s gravitomagnetic fields.

- There are 3 possible ways in which the LHC can cause earthquakes:
A) If the magnetic field of the magnets drawn above interact with other magnetic fields in the magma.
B)If it made black holes or strangelets that are now in the center of the Earth, slowly eating the planet.
C) If it produces perpendicular gravitational waves, affecting the antipodes (Tonga, Fidji region), which is reaching a maximal with occurrences at very deep level (over 500 km.)
- A cautionary stop of that machine and serious studies on its effects, which so far have been carried only by employees of the company, is long overdue for obvious bio-ethical reasons, since this year is also on the path to be the peak on human deads caused by Earthquakes. Yet 1/3rd of those deads have yet to materialize.
- If the machine stopped now, we have enough data on this pattern of switching on the LHC and getting a surge on earthquakes to do a serious statistical analysis. Politicians should act now. The costs of the volcano in Iceland for Europe might already exceed the value of this machine… This is no longer a question of science but of public policy. To ignore and censor the truth of the LHC will not change its lethal consequences…

The first time the machine was switched on, before it blew up in 2008, within a day, 4 big earthquakes over the 6 Richter scale hit the Earth (6.1 Iran, 11.00:35; 6.6 Atlantic, 13:08; 6.6 Indonesia, 00.00; 6.9 Hokkaido 00:20) . The first one, within seconds of switching on the LHC, happened in Iran and seismologists there wondered if it was related, but being ‘Iran’, it seems the alarm didn’t sound.

So we were lucky and the machine broke down. Then CERN switched it back on and broke the record of any electro-magnetic field anywhere on Earth. A new macroscopic electromagnetic and gravitomagnetic field had been created and it was not on the center of the Earth. The complexity and sheer variety of paths of those fields makes the hypothesis of interaction and a buttefly effect extremely likely.

While there are other theories to explain the surge of earthquakes, among which, of course we also have a ’trendy’ explanation based in global warming, all those theories require a longer, geological time-span to cause a surge. Only the LHC is time-related. Since it is this year, precisely when the machine was switched on, when we have a surge in volcano’s activity and earthquakes.

Just thought this was interesting:

Smearing: How Sancho et al, crackpots, and Assange (a rapist), tried to save the world

Be safe out there!

edit on 20-3-2011 by be4peace because: fixed image link
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Nice... Very Nice,

Didn't cross my mind for a second. Almost forgot about this monster. But it wouldn't surprise me, nothing really does anymore for that matter. if it would turn out like it states.

Probably worth a good investigation! My scientific knowledge of this matter is none, so I'm very interested what people with knowledge will say about it.

Cheerz,

WOD

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Oh, and since I never did an "Introduction" thread, I'm a dance teacher in California. Been reading everything I can on ATS for about 2 years. Joined late last year.

Hello to everyone, and thank you for all of this info. I've learned so much here. I hope all of you are safe.
edit on 20-3-2011 by be4peace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I life very near CERN (100km) and it never made a quake here from 0.1 or bigger - So forget the idea.

Swiss Seismic Info (Monitor)

www.seismo.ethz.ch...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hi there.

Can I start by saying you put this thread together brilliantly. S&F for you.

The image is not working, can you tell me what it is?

Also, yes I CERN being switched on could coincide with the Quake. As you said it is the larges magnetic field on Earth. Why are we screwing with these things? I've always been scared of the outcome of CERN.

When you think of some of the things happening at the moment:

- Space journeys (breaking through the atmosphere)
- CERN (screwing with the magnetic field)
- HAARP (if it's true, messing with natural weather)
- Nuclear (possible meltdown in Japan)
- Oil Spill (polluting the oceans)

That's just a small list, there are many more, but all these things put together obviously cannot be good for the Earth.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
No. Plate tectonics casued the earthquake.

There is no provable, or even theoretical connection between the two.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
My god people, collisions of particles 2-3 times more powerful then in LHC happen every day. You know how powerful energies cause auroras ? Its like thousand LHC turned on simultaneously. So please, stop fearmongering about this brilliant device... thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The pseudo-science in that website is hurting my head.

CERN didn't cause this or any earthquakes and if it did, this site doesn't do much to prove it I'm sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

I think the image link should work now. Sorry- I'm new to the thread thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Duplicate post.
edit on 20-3-2011 by be4peace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I don't know WHAT caused the Japan earthquake. I just think that if we're messing with the earth's magnetic field, it may cause any potentially weak plates to move. I'm hoping I can hear from some scientific minds as to the possiblity of this. It's very confusing and scary to me. It could be HAARP, CERN, weather modification, Mother Earth, Illuminati....anything. Just trying to figure things out.

Something else that made wonder:
Scientists puzzled by earthquakes

Japanese seismicists and geologists are being doubtful about the recent Great East Japan earthquake with 9 magnitude and killed over ten thousands people on last Friday, saying it was abnormal phenomenon."Nobody could tell the reasons about this strange phenomenon, " a prominent Japanese geophysicist Professor Michio Hashizume, who is lecturer of Chulalongkorn Univesity's Department of Geology.

His finding was presented at the round table discussion entitled " The new finding from recent earthquake in Japan and concerning related with Thai society" organized Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Science.

He said he was surprised by this earthquake by the size of the area of fault. It was between 400 kilometers and 100 kilometers wide.

Moreover, at least 7 earthquakes with magnitude between 5 to 7 had occurred after the killer earthquake near Sendai on Friday, he added.

"These series of quakes are not the aftershocks. So far,nobody could explain how these small quakes linked with the earthquake in Sendai," Machio said.

The small quakes with between 5 magnitude to 7 magnitude had occurred in different areas in Japan. The quakes did not occur in the proper areas that aftershock should occur. The aftershocks should occur within 100 kilometers from the epicenter of the earthquake.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heckren
My god people, collisions of particles 2-3 times more powerful then in LHC happen every day. You know how powerful energies cause auroras ? Its like thousand LHC turned on simultaneously. So please, stop fearmongering about this brilliant device... thanks

Wow, ONLY 2 to 3 times more powerful huh? Anyway, I`m no expert on the matter, but I don`t think it`s the fact that particles are colliding that has got anyone worried. It`s the presence of such a strong magnetic field sticking on the side of the earth, all out of balance like... just so they can control the collision and watch it under some fancy gizmo like a microscope or something I dunno. If particles collide all the time and with greater force, why not study those? Probably because they don`t want to study those boring particles, they wanna play with the ones that can cause black holes. Just like a teenage boy wants to drive a Porshe, because it`s capable of greater forces and it feels great to pretend you have some control over great forces. Nice to daydream about, but not worth putting the fate of humanity at risk for.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by be4peace

I have no background in science/physics. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Is it HAARP, CERN, or some other device our government has that we don't know about? Or is Mother Earth just REALLY angry? Just want answers. If anyone has expertise on this area, comments would be appreciated. See what you think....

The earthquake was definitely caused by the tectonic plates rubbing together. If you look at where Japan is situated on this map, you can see the plate boundaries, where there are 4 tectonic plates in close proximity to one another:

Edit: Numbered the plates, for people who didn't know where Japan was
edit on 20/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It is an interesting theory. More analysis of the statistical analysis between CERN being switched on and off would help the case. With earthquakes happening all over the place it does sound like the magnetic field would have to produce a strong effect with the earth's magnetic field. I would expect such earthquakes to have a deep epicentre, but still learning much about these kind of things as well.

For the posters statement that reactions 2-3 times strong occur can you please provide an example. The only thing I can think of that might even come close is with the nuclear fusion reactions within the centre of the sun, but even here the atomic partials are not speed up to near the speed of light before colliding into each other. It is more the immense heat and pressure that overcomes the strong nuclear force to grow the atom. The forces going on at CERN actually smash the atoms apart. Even our nuclear fission reactions requires unstable elements to achieve a smaller, but similar result as the elements decay into more stable atoms. Your statement about the Aurora being more powerful is only due to the scale and is part of the reaction between the Sun and the Earth. For CERN to be working with as much matter as what is involved here would be a truly devastating effect on a galactic scale.
edit on 20-3-2011 by kwakakev because: clarified fission reactions.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

These reactions occur when cosmic rays collide with the Earth's atmosphere. These particles are almost identical to the ones used in particle accelerators with the exception being that they have more energy. As for why we need particle accelerators, it is impossible to predict when and where thee collisions will occur, making it impossible to do any measurements. The LHC, the Tevatron and all the other particle accelerators are perfectly safe and don't do anything that doesn't already occur in nature.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The slow solar wind has a velocity of about 400 km/s en.wikipedia.org... .

The speed of light has a velocity of about 299,792 km/s en.wikipedia.org...

The light, radio, gamma and other rays are based on photons and travel at the speed of light. The interactions with the solar winds on the Earth involving atoms travelling a lot slower and are using the weak nuclear force of negative and positive charged atoms between the solar winds and the Earth. The LHC accelerates atoms to near light speed, this takes an extraordinary amount of energy. There are no known natural occurrence of such large matter being moved at such a high velocity any where in the natural world. It then collides these atoms travelling in opposite directions to reach c squared. This results in a release of all the energy inside the atoms to expose their mass and to get a look inside, hopefully to discover what they are actually made of and how it all works.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here's a couple of interesting facts. The moon is the most responsible for the earth's plate movements, earthquakes. When the Moon is full, the Earth's crust actually rises about 25 cm (9.8 in). Why is it important to mention a full moon? Because the only way we can observe a full moon is with the earth positioned between the moon and sun, that opposing tug stretches the earth nearly 10 inches fatter.

This movement causes the circumference of the LHC to vary by (a whopping) 1 mm (out of 27 km, a factor of 0.000004%) but that's enough so that physicists need to take it into account.

Why is the LHC underground?
Well, that's because finding 27 kilometers worth of real estate above ground is really, really expensive. Actually, the LHC uses a tunnel originally dug for a previous collider (the LEP or the Large Electron Positron collider), which was decomissioned in 2000.

All that dirt and rock also provide great shielding to reduce the amount of natural radiation that reaches the LHC's detectors.

Every time physicists come up with particle accelerators, party poopers come up with doomsday scenarios on how they will destroy Earth: black holes, killer strangelets, magnetic monopoles, and vacuum bubbles.

Let's talk about them one by one:

Micro black hole: Basically it's a region in space where gravity is so powerful that nothing, not even light, can escape. Planet-eating black holes are created when massive stars collapse on itself (and by massive, we mean massive - even our Sun isn't big enough to create a black hole if it collapsed. You'd need 10 times the mass of the Sun.)

There is a remote possibility that micro black holes can be created in the collisions at the LHC. These black holes are small: about 10-35 m across (the so-called Planck Length) and puny in mass (less than a speck of dust). These black holes would evaporate in 10-42 seconds in a blast of Hawking radiation. Even black holes with the mass of Mt. Everest would have a radius of about 10-15 m across. It would have trouble "eating" a proton, much less the entire planet. (Source: Pickover, C. (1997) Black Holes: A Traveler's Guide)

Strangelets: These are strange matters that, like the Ice-nine in Vonnegut's novel Cat's Cradle, would turn all matters it touched into strange matters and eventually all of the planet will be transmuted into strangelets.

The problem with strangelet doomsday scenario, besides being very bizarre, is that no one has ever seen a strangelet. It remains a hypothetical particle. Previous particle accelerators that operated at lower energy than the LHC were actually better candidates to producing strangelets, and so far, we're still here.

Magnetic monopoles: These are hypothetical particles with a single magnetic charge (hence the name) - either a north pole or a south pole, but not both. Magnetic monopoles "eat proton."

Actually, physicists have been looking for magnetic monopoles for a long time - and so far they've never found it. By calculations, magnetic monopoles are actually too heavy to be produced at the LHC.

Vacuum bubble: It is actually a very interesting idea in quantum field theory. It states that life, the universe and everything aren't the most stable configuration possible. Perturbations caused by the LHC could tip it into the more stable state (called the vacuum bubble) and all of us "pop" out of existence.

In all of these cases - if micro black hole, strangelets, magnetic monopoles, and vacuum bubbles were a problem to begin with, they would've been created by cosmic rays already. The continued existence of Earth and the rest of the universe tend to discount the validity of these doomsday scenarios.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The term cosmic ray is a misnomer from the early days of researching them. They are not rays like gamma rays, but single particles. They are composed of the same elements that are used in particle accelerators and can travel up to .999999999999 times the speed of light. When they collide with the atmosphere they release energy of over 10e20 eV while the energy released in particle accelerators is only 10e12 to 10e13 eV. So, these cosmic rays travel at least as fast as the particles in a particle accelerator and release energy magnitudes higher than those released in particle accelerators.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

After looking around the CERN site it does look like they are making amazing progress getting inside the atom. If the partials you are referring to are sub atomic elements like protons then I can accept that they do travel at near light speed and looking into some of the science of our atmosphere there are huge energies going on. On the CERN site public.web.cern.ch... they also mention lead ions and this is taking things up an order of magnitude in size. If you have any research documentation that states partials the size of an atom naturally travelling at near light speed from the sun I would like to see it. I have understood that it has been all this atomic matter, molecules and perhaps tiny bits of rock that is carried in the solar wind and takes a lot longer to makes its journey from the sun.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

My goodness me. I have some advice for you. If you know nothing about a subject say nothing about that subject. If you fail to heed ny advice you will continue to make yourself sound silly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join