It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost on a Bridge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Shadow or ghost? I personally can't say at the moment.

I just wanted to say that is a very cool pic.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I have to agree with that, it's gorgeous.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

OK, fair enough.I agree it is hard to tell from the picture. I didn't notice anything when I took it. And it was a long time ago, so I can't clearly remember the surroundings. I personally don't know what it is, I would not put money on it being a shadow, a ghost, or anything else. It is good to get feedback from people though.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I have to agree with that, it's gorgeous.

Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
One question. Where is the person that casts the shadow?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ive seen worse pictures get classified as ghost pictures. At first glance it does appear to be a shadow but as the last poster said. who's casting the shadow? It looks far more impresive with the second photo where you can see more of the scene. Especialy as it appears to have its own reflection. Definately weird and the jury's still out for me personaly but definatley a cool picture.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleDreamer

Out of frame.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Originally posted by LittleDreamer

Out of frame.

2nd line

The only available light source is below the level of the bridge pointing up at the bridge.

What does 2nd line mean? I don't understand

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

People just put that arbitrary second line, because they think it will stop them from being removed for typing one liners lol. One liners are generally ignored, as long as they add something relevant to the conversation, and is not just some sarcastic or rude remark.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks - I have often wondered! lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
What do you think of this picture?

I took this oin Bruges a few years ago on holiday. I did not notice anything unusual when I took the picture.

This was taken using a Konica Minolta Z2 Digital Camera
Taken at 00:16 on the 6th July 2004
Aperture setting F8
Shutter Speed 4 secconds
ISO 200
12mm focal length (35mm Equivelent 69mm)
No Flash
Mounted on a tripod.

Other than reducing it's size for easy uploading it has npt been eddited. I used Corel Paint Shop Pro X to reduce the picture size.

What do you think?

Lovely picture and very interesting

The Paranormal Investigator in me wants to say it's an apparition (and it could well be) ... but the logical side of my brain wants to say if more of the greenery we can see climbing up the walls in other areas.

Truth be told I can't call it one way or the other from this single picture ... do you have any more ?

Also it would be great to hear a little bit about the history of this place ... and whether or not it has any other noted paranormal sightings on the bridge etc.

Either way thanks for sharing ... as another poster said already 'I have seen a lot worse offered up as potential 'ghost pictures'.

Woody

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I have 3 pics of this bridge. I will post origonal unedited copies of all three. These are right off the camera and onto your screen as you can see from the exif information, which also shows time, and camera settings etc. (I am assuming these will be available on ATS)

You will see the seccond one is taken from exactly the same location at the same time, just zoomed out a litte bit.

The 3rd pic is the same bridge from the other side looking back towards the town.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Excellent !

Now we can clearly see that the anomoly is not ... repeat not ... the result of climbing shrubbery up the wall

That's why it always good to have more than one image to work from ... thank-you.

Now this puts a whole new slant on things and I'm happy to agree that you may well have caught something paranormal in the first image ... it would still be great to know a little bit of history surrounding this place because that would add an extra dimension too the image.

I run a small private paranormal investigation team called W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) and a tip I offer would-be Ghosthunters is to always take lot's of random images during an investigation (even if there seems to be nothing to see) ... and always take a minimum of two in any given direction (one with flash ... one without flash) ... and always brighten the non-flash images even if the original looks like nothing but 'dark' ... you'd be surprised by what you may have captured.

Woody

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

After looking at the pics a few more times and trying to work out the direction of light. The only real source there is, is the light that you see in front of the bridge clearly in the picture. This means that in order to cast a shadow where you see it. The person would have to be standing on the bridge to the right of the shadow. As there is clearly no one there. Im starting to believe you have caught something paranormal here.

Great work and lets us know if you get anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I first wish to say that I really do not know much about adjusting pictures. Such as filtering and/or enhancing lighting or anything. I stick with the simple crop and re-sizing method lol.

That being said. I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet.

Cropped from pic1

and now 3 different sizes/crops of pic 2-

Paranormal or not? I still do not know, but to me, that looks like it could quite possibly be the same object in a slightly different location.

I also don't know how to view the time-stamp. So not sure exactly how long in between the 2 pics, other than Shamatt saying they were taken at the same time.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I personally don't see how that can be a shadow because of where it is in relation to the light sources...

My first instinct of this photo is that the flash from the camera was not able to illuminate or penetrate this black form that appears to be on the bridge. The light source seems to have no effect on this black shadow person..

It also looks like a semi pudgy woman, or old man rockefeller when he was still upright..:/

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Awesome, those other pictures clearly show that you caught something strange, glad you took more than one picture!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I personally don't see how that can be a shadow because of where it is in relation to the light sources...

My first instinct of this photo is that the flash from the camera was not able to illuminate or penetrate this black form that appears to be on the bridge. The light source seems to have no effect on this black shadow person..

It also looks like a semi pudgy woman, or old man rockefeller when he was still upright..:/

No flash was used in any of the pictures. The only light is the one low down on the right shining up at the bridge.

I have the timestamps fro the pics - they did not copy to ATS for some reason. Taken from the exiff info:

Pic1 00:16
Pic2 00:17
Pic3 00:30

The thing that gets me is that as no flash was used, the light soursed did not change, Therefore we should be able to see the same 'shadow' if that's what it was in picture 3. We don't?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A concern is that is at least one possible source for casting a shadow. On the right side of the bridge, close to the source, there is some kind of tree/bush that sticks up over the edge of the bridge.

If you look at the way the other parts of the bushes cast shadows, the location of the "shadow figure" on the bridge is consistent with where the shadow of this tree/bush would fall. As it rises up over the side of the bridge, the shadow is casts would appear to be behind the wall (as the "shadow figure" appears to be).

The size and shape of the tree/bush is not clear, however, so it is not possible to guess what shape shadow it should cast. The "shadow figure" may in fact be a shadow caused by more than one object that just happens to be lined up correctly.

In fact, the more I look at it, the more I see a shadow being cast against the wall of the building by those trees/bushes close to the light source on the right side of the photo.

Regardless, it's still a lovely photo.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Firstly, excellent photo OP, beautiful. Digital photography is incredible.
Anyone who's developed their own film can attest to the miracle of digital photographic imagery.

I feel that since we now have several shots of the same subject. One has to recall how shadows are cast in a projection fashion and what a normal shadow is comprised of.

What makes a shadow ? But a bright light source, diminished/blocked light AND an object in which to transfer this image upon.

A normal projected shadow image requires all of these components..

Looking at the image in question, the wall behind it appears to be too far away to have this image projected upon it with that much intensity and clarity as in definition.... as well as the wall being at an angle which would also distort the image if it were a mere projection.

And last but not least, it just coincidentally happens to also be shaped like a person ! A shadow person IMA
[British_Accent_On] Fancy that ! [\British_Accent_On]

And not entirely related. I see it's in Brugge.
Having lived in Europe and toured many ancient Castles and such...the energy is overwhelming in many places.

Europe is considerably older than the USA and also has a considerable amount more time in which to have accumulated centuries of residual paranormal energy.

Cool picture nevertheless.

Thanks for sharing OP....please take more !!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join