It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two strange pictures I found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Shamatt

Thanks for the tips, I know how to change the shutter speed on my camera, but not sure I can mess with the fstop at all.

I can change white balance ISO sensitivity, aspect ratio, shutter and color mode that I have found so far.
edit on Sun, 20 Mar 2011 05:10:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Changing the shutter speed will change the aperture. The faster the shutter speed the larger the F stop*. This is to maintian the correct exposure levels. The aperture is the size of the hole in the back of the lense the light passes through. The smaller it is the larger the F number. So a slow shutter requires a small hole for the light, a fast shutter requires a large hole for the light.

* The aperture reading is odd. It is calculated by deviding the focal length by the size of the hole. So for example if the focal length is 50mm, F2 would be a 25mm hole. F5 would be a 10mm hole, F10 would be a 5mm hole. So you can see that the larger F numbers actually represent a smaller hole for the light.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Ah ok. I never really mess with shutter speed, I keep it on the fastest. I tried once to take some moon pictures on slow shutter speed, but it came out all blurry, even using a tripod. Never messed with the setting again.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Shamatt

Ah ok. I never really mess with shutter speed, I keep it on the fastest. I tried once to take some moon pictures on slow shutter speed, but it came out all blurry, even using a tripod. Never messed with the setting again.

A slow shutter on a tripod can still be blured because you can move the camera pressing the shutter button. Here is a hint: Set the self timer, that way any vibration from hitting the shutter will have stopped by the time the exposure starts.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Looks like Lens Flare as others have stated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join