It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another Quake here in Christchurch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just had a nother big earthquake here in Christchurch NZ. Things falling off shelves again. This is all getting a bit old now

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yes it was a good one, bit of a nasty suprise on a sunday night
Not what we wanted at all

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Brogue

www.geonet.org.nz...
They say only 5.1 But it felt bigger than that. Surpose now that silly old moon man can say told you so. I still think hes a bit of a scare mungerer.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
yes it was a good rattle. Hopefully nothing bigger is in store tonight.

Kia Kaha people.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well at least people will have something to say tomorrow at work over a cuppa. 5.1 was not was what I was expecting from the Ken Ring prediction. bit of a let down.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
its only just after 10 - the night is still young
it may have just been the start...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I go off of the USGS website for earthquakes that says they are reported in real time and I noticed this one and a lot of the others ones you guys have been having down there in New Zealand are not even registered on the site. Is there any reason they would not mention these?? Doesn't it seem like they would have the most up to date information. There has been 30 quakes in the last few days but the USGS has only one showing. Are they trying to cover up how many quakes are happening or is it just a fluke. Now I wonder how many other areas aren't being reported correctly.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Just something to give you a little chuckle about our shakey isles

Still thinking of all those that lost there lives back in Feb. Always in our hearts.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stitchsteve626

I was just going to say the same thing. They hardly ever show our aftershocks down here.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stitchsteve626

I think they only show world quakes biggger than 4.5, so most of hours now wont get on the map as they are too small

this lil shake (reporting as a 5.1 on geonet site) is showing on the usgs page

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Brogue

They are a little late on their "real time' but it does show up, wasnt there when i posted though. And I think they only post quakes smaller than 4.5 that happen in the US, I guess my whole paranoia got the best of me..lol

top topics

join