It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya - Japan - Cruise Missile Etc Etc - THIS IS ALL WRONG!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hi all,

am I the only one who thinks something very wrong is going on at the moment with certain things around us -

Specifically -

Its possible the World could be on the brink of it's worst Nuclear Disaster in History. Yet headlines about allied forces bombing Libya's Ground to Air Defense systems have taken over MSM completley.
Japan is facing thousands of deaths and many more thousands to follow, not to mention millions homeless and thousands of kids with no parents, yet approx 112 cruise missiles at $600,000 each have been launched in the last 24hrs at Libya.
Thats a total of $67,200 000. Thats 67 million two hundred thousand dollars in 24hrs!!!

Is it just me or is something very very wrong with our Worlds Leaders/Governments/Corporations.

news.yahoo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Welcome to planet Earth.

2nnnndddd

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Something is very wrong with the governments of the world. I shake my head in dissapointment.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Maybe I can find a job at the missile plant tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Yep, we would spend $60,000,000 on objects used purely for destruction when, on the other side of the world, even half of that would be well-spent rebuilding from destruction. But isn't this how it always goes?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

112 cruise missiles were not all fired by the US! There for that price tag is wrong and bombing Libya is not going to start a nuclear disaster Libya doesn't have nuclear capabilities.

What are you going on about? Can you add more info?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by simples

112 cruise missiles were not all fired by the US! There for that price tag is wrong and bombing Libya is not going to start a nuclear disaster Libya doesn't have nuclear capabilities.

Who said all fired by the US??? The price tag is what 112 cruise missiles cost in UD Dollars. Who mentioned anything about bombing Libya is going to cause a Nuclear disaster.

My goodness. How old are you?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
War nets higher ratings than natural disasters. Call the MSM when the nuke plant goes "BOOM!" Until then, people want to see people blow up other people's sh*t.

Kinda sad, huh?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Yes its very sad. Its angering that countries can spend millions at the blink of an eye, meanwhile people are dying from Starvation, Disease, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, etc

Im ashamed to be human sometimes. What a shocking example we would set if there were any alien race watching us right now.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Its been building for a long time..
its certainly FUBAR
the nuclear scam industry is scared to death of the peeps sayng no more.
so they have to bury this asap
are not most if not all the attackers of Libya nuclear powers?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You have to bring insults into it because some one questions you how old are you??

So neway your wrong it's not 67 million dollars as they were all not US missiles because thats what you was stating wether you admit it or not, why do yanks always think me me me me put there blinkers on and think there is noone else involved?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I wonder how this whole thing works... US pays $400,000 to defense contractor per missle, but claims they cost $600,000 on the defense budget, then the gov lets them use their real income statement when filing taxes, and the reason the defense contractor goes along with it is so they can report higher revenue to the public?

link   

Originally posted by simples

You have to bring insults into it because some one questions you how old are you??

So neway your wrong it's not 67 million dollars as they were all not US missiles because thats what you was stating wether you admit it or not, why do yanks always think me me me me put there blinkers on and think there is noone else involved?

Its an approximate figure, it actually doesnt matter how much they cost, its still millions and millions of dollars.

Who is a yank? I take it you mean 'American'.......not me.....

Why come into this thread as soon as it starts and troll the crap out of it?

link   

yup. exactly the same way the Tsunami and the tens of thousands of people that died in it slipped off of the front page when the reactor became a problem. "If it bleeds it leads!" that nuclear reactor is old news. the exciting part is over, we know how that story ends.
Libya now, that story has bombs and guns and planes falling out of the sky! explosions and fires... exciting stuff!! Radiation is now boooring...
mainstream media can't be bothered with boring old news. people will change the channel if they don't get carnage.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazkaat

yeh, maybe youre correct.

People do like to tune into carnage. But then there's the exception that like to hear stories of people donating millions to charity and to help those such as the Japanese people.

After suffering 2 huge quakes in the last year myself, I would love to sit and watch stories of governments giving horrendous amounts of money to Charities, not to War.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by simples bombing Libya is not going to start a nuclear disaster Libya doesn't have nuclear capabilities.

The info is that your comprehension is sadly lacking. The OP never even said this. Try reading it again.
I have a bad feeling about this. We prop up a dictator who is known to do all sorts of bad things to his people, then when the wind seems to be blowing in the other direction, we come over all self righteous.
Truth is we intervene when it is strategically useful and the sub text here is regime change.
While no one wants anyone to be massacred, the effects of us poking our noses in could have a lot worse consequences.
Plus who spent what is a red herring. The point is the enormous money being spent from all sources which could have alleviated Japan's suffering. Nor have I even seen any MSM appeals for Japan yet. Not even tagged onto our 'Red Nose Day'. What's going on?
edit on 20-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Those are freedom missiles courtesy of the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

nah...everything is just fine...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Actually Governments DO give huge amounts of money to charity. It is called International Aid but charity is what it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Well his regime has been like this for a long, long, time. As has Mugabes, Kim Jong Ills, and many other. Funny timing though eh.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join