It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society, and the root cause of 99% of illnesses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This isn't necessarily my opinion on this, since I haven't really thought it through, but it certainly seems very plausible.

I was doing some research into anarcho primitivism chromatism.net...

One of the articles I read mentioned that society is the cause of most of our health problems. It said we pollute our air, we pollute our water, we spray our vegetables and fruits with pesticides and inject our cows with growth hormones etc.

Here is part of the article that I posted above on anarcho primitivism:

What About Medicine?

Contrary to popular belief, life before civilization was not "'nasty, brutish and short," but, in fact, healthy, stable and leisurely. Primitive peoples had little or no problem with diseases until coming into contact with civilization.

Ultimately, anarcho-primitivism is all about healing - healing the wounds that have opened up within individuals, between people, and between people and nature, the wounds that have opened up through civilization, through power, including the State, Capital and technology. The German philosopher Nietzsche said that pain, and the way it is dealt with, should be at the heart of any free society and in this respect, lie's right. Individuals, communities and the Earth itself have been maimed to one degree or another by the power relations characterizing civilization. People have been psychologically maimed but also physically assaulted by illness and disease. This isn't to suggest that anarcho-primitivism can abolish pain, illness and disease! However, research has revealed that many diseases are the results of civilized living conditions, and if these conditions were abolished, then certain types of pain, illness and disease would disappear. As for the remainder, a world which places pain at its center would be vigorous in its pursuit of assuaging it by finding ways of curing illness and disease. In this sense, anarcho-primitivism is very concerned with medicine. However, the alterating [sic] high-tech, pharmaceutical-centered form of medicine practiced in the West is not the only form of medicine possible; there are many, many natural and/or herbal methods of dealing with illness that could substitute for Western techno-"medicine." The question of what medicine might consist of in an anarcho-primitivist future depends on what is possible and what people desire, without compromising the life ways of free individuals in ecologically-centered free communities. As on all other questions, there is no dogmatic answer to this issue.

Now I know that some things have improved drastically, like our hygiene, which if an anarcho primitivism way of life was established would have to be kept.

So my question to you, does this make sense? If civilization and modern technology were abandoned, and granted we made hygiene improvements. Do you think humans would be better off?
edit on 20-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The two leading causes of death in America are Heart disease and Cancer.

Leading Causes of Death
(Data are for the U.S.)

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 616,067
Cancer: 562,875
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 135,952
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 127,924
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 123,706
Alzheimer's disease: 74,632
Diabetes: 71,382
Influenza and Pneumonia: 52,717
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 46,448
Septicemia: 34,828

www.cdc.gov...
Is the cause of most of these not environmental?

Once again, i'm just presenting the information, this isn't my opinion, why? Because I think society can be improved. If our society was based completely off clean energy, and we didn't screw up our food, and our pharmaceutical companies weren't so corrupt I think society would be a great thing. In other words, if our society made improvements it would be a better place than a place with no society. make sense?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
topping the list of top killers but missing from it are
not sure of the order.
proscribed drugs
doctors mistakes
medical procedures

Cancer they have just determined is a man made disease that didn't really exist not to long ago.
so RP right there, I think you may be right.

I've gone back to as much of the old Metis ways as I can
for the very reasons you have OP'ed

for insatnce a half cup of maple leaves contains about 5,600ug of beta carotene
edit on 20-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I wonder if the stress of modern industrialized society caused many mental illnesses found in the DSM. I was thinking about close knit aboriginal cultures, and said to myself, "I'll bet ya anything there are no tribal members with schizoid personality disorder, bi-polar, severe clinical depression, borderline personality disorder, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia and schizo-affective, PTSD, and pannic attacks.
What say you all?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hey Dan, ya have you seen the side effects on the t.v. for medicines these days?

They make the commercial to get you to buy it, but end up telling you why not to buy it.

Although its name sounds tame, this deadly neurotoxin is anything but. Aspartame is an artificial sweetener (over 200 times sweeter than sugar) made by the Monsanto Corporation and marketed as "Nutrasweet," "Equal," "Spoonful" and countless other trade names. Although aspartame is added to over 9,000 food products, it is not fit for human consumption! This toxic poison changes into formaldehyde in the body and has been linked to migraines, seizures, vision loss and symptoms relating to lupus, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other health destroying conditions (even Gulf War Syndrome). Learn more information about this crime against our health.

www.lovethetruth.com...

The FDA passed this!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
there were cases of medical madness anoungst the Indians in north America...
and they had medical issues too
but they also had an herbal and procedural medical knowledge going back thousands of years.
they also had the wisdom gained from those practices.

just compare the herbal pharmacopea that the west has "borrowed" to what the west had for medicin on their own.
our for profit system means keeping you sick maximises profits
so again I think the OP is correct

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

While I can't say for sure there are NO cases, if there are there are VERY few. I think a lot of mental illnesses are caused by our society which is very fast paced and stressful. Also our media doesn't help, telling people how they should live when most of the time it isn't even good advice. You listen to the music now days? The people singing that don't even believe it. While I don't dislike Madonna, her kid is SO sheltered.

I was thinking, I bet the native americans were very healthy people till the Europeans came and introduced disease and vermin.

Edit to add: just read dans post above mine so I retract part of this comment

But the media and modern society being fast paced and stressful part i'm keeping

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

hey RP
you are right disease was rarer then now, and the white man brought many diseases with him..
the japanese wouldn't even let the europeans in becasue the white man had a prohibition against taking baths and so were walking bio hazards...
the Japanese and the Chinese considered the lack of European Higene ment the europeans were barbarians...
but it sure helped depopulate the americas..
just like in Africa today with aids and Xtuberculosis from vaccines...
civilization kills.

Darnold Rumsfeldstiltskin
GW Bushes right hand man
he sold poison gas to Iraq
nuclear tech to Kim Jong Ill in N Korea...
got aspertame legalized

again it is lookin like the OP may be correct.

Valium: at one time more people were addicted to perscription valium which has causes the same symptoms it is supposed to cure...

of course one reason we are a bunch of sickies is they keep inventing new diseases....
and don't get any sunlight on you...you'll get healthy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I feel extremely enraged, that people are scurrying around and becoming ill, just so that someone with a salary 10 times yours and everyones, can keep raking in the profits profits profits.
We should storm the Bastile!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

we need to infect the money with something that causes an alergic reaction to profit.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
stress and anger are the top killers ... causes cancer and untold things

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Ha! star&flag star&flag star&flag....,.,..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Buddhist Meditation and Health

Disease of the modern age, such as cancer, AIDS or psychological conditions caused by the stress and strain of daily life, have complicated symptoms and are progressively more difficult to treat. Consequently, modern medicine has started to look for different methods of treatment to cure such conditions and to help people get their lives back on an even keel again. This kind of research is carried out objectively within the confine of the medical science. However, on a more spiritual level, we can find within Buddhism various principles and practices which can be used to bring peace and happiness to the mind and the good health to the body. In particular, meditation has brought beneficial effects to the many people who have learned how to practice it.

This makes so much sense, I myself meditate, and it's wonderful! I think meditation is one of the biggest things neglected in our society.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Increased acidity is the root of most western diseases.

Processing food lowers pH.

Crystals form in acidic conditions.
Fungus strives in aciditic conditions.
Most micro-organisms thrive in acidic conditions.

The regulation of the pH of blood causes hydrogen ions to pass through vessel walls...
...which erode them and plagues form to close the erosions.

Intracellular communication is lowered by increased acidity.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

the problem with our health is how we maintain our relationships.

comon ats. i expect a higher level of critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Huh, i'm not sure what to think of that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
everyone on the thread is hitting on one aspect or another of it
if a society were to aim for getting it right with all we know
we could do it...

but not with a power structure that profits more when things don't work...
Logic dictates that they never will work

in old China you paid the doctor till you got sick
then the doctor paid you

we are acidic because or society wants us to be....
but it is good advice to ignore the commercials and get that way...
a glass of warm lemon juice every mourning is one way to stay alkaline

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

wow, nice post. Ya why would the pharmaceutical companies want us to get better when their making money off us getting worse? They get rewarded for the bad not the good!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Huh, i'm not sure what to think of that.

Fats and oils are 'fatty acids'...
...acidity is stored as fat = obesity.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

ah got ya, ya fat is definitely due to todays society, video games and what not, i'm very active and everyone else should be tool.

go out and play is a dead metaphor now...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join