It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Hypnotic Regression - Real or Fake, You Decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I recently started looking into the subject of meditation and hypnosis and practice meditation from time to time. Then when I ran into the subject of manchurian candidates, I started asking more questions. Eventually i ran into a video talking about hypnotic regression. The subject seemed plausible with my current set of ideas. The whole idea consists of your spirit reincarnating and that we have past lives. Maybe not only on Earth but possibly in a parallel universe. Micheal Newton talks about it in this video.

www.youtube.com...

Now if you look into what he says and start looking for what other hypnotherapist say, things seem to click together (to me atleast). Things make more sense. Here is another video i looked into.

www.youtube.com...

I posted this to see if anyone here has ever had a hypnotist try this on them or anyone that might be knowledgable about the subject to post any intriguing evidence. If so, I would love to hear what you have to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
good to see this as a topic. a friend of mine does past life regressions i havent talked to him about it a great deal but i do remember him telling me about one he did where the woman was speaking fluent egyptian and she wasnt egyptian or ever been there or learnt the language, he tells me that because he records his sessions she was freaked out to hear herself talking another language.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If you can study the whole business of hypnosis with an objectvie eye, you will find that by and large it is treated as a bastard child. It basically is still a mystery after having been "discovered" a couple of hundred years ago and studied with a hit-and-miss, "this can't be real" attitude. Basically, it works, and they don't want you to really know that it works.

Hypnosis edges into dangerous territory for Science. The mass consenus of Science doesn't want to go there. 'Very similar to the whole subject of ETs/UFOs, it is a threat to Science and especially its principles and principals. On the other side, it is an aspect of the occult, and the religious-minded don't want to go there either.

To what extent hypnosis work for regressions, is difficult to know. But anytime a young child starts providing accurate details of an evidently past life, we need to wonder about a bit more about what we really can access.

Unfortunately, regression has acquired a bad reputation as some people are given to remember being an important historical figure from the distant past. Such "recovered memories" suggests more of an ego trip (pun intended) than actual data. After all, how many queens of ancient Egypt were there anyway!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Another interesting video I found on the subject by Bruce Goldberg. He makes some pretty out there claims but interesting nonetheless.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Unfortunately, regression has acquired a bad reputation as some people are given to remember being an important historical figure from the distant past. Such "recovered memories" suggests more of an ego trip (pun intended) than actual data. After all, how many queens of ancient Egypt were there anyway!

It depends on how you look at it. Its entirely possible that there are only a limited number of souls and that we reincarnate many times. We could even be interacting with our own reincarnations on a daily basis. This would then make sense as to how multiple people could have the same past life experiences. At the end of the day, we do not know and its all just people's ideas and ways of trying to understand life.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Another interesting idea for me that goes with this to me is parallel universes. People may take a subject and look at their past life then decide to research thier claims and stuff might be off. But who is to say that wasn't a past life in a parallel universe. This i would assume could make validating claims difficult but doesn't necessarily mean they aren't true.

top topics

join