It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common sense observation about the state of disaster of Fukushima nuclear power plant.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread, this also looks like a good place for a little common sense rant!

ALL THE EXPERTS FAILED.

Look. It's their job to build adequate designs.

They knew it was seismically active area.
They knew tsunami could come.

Now they want to get us to keep buying into the idea that nuclear power stations can be built safely. Tornado, flood, hurricane, earthquake. War? Meteor strike?

What they do is equivocate when something goes wrong. "We never could have anticipated it" -- well then don't build it. Millions of lives are at stake and you admit there are things you can't anticipate? Scrap this idea. Don't use this technology.

Japanese people have a right to be thoroughly PISSED OFF right now that they were lied to and told this plant was 100% safe. We are told the same things. What they should say is "it's safe provided nothing we don't expect should occur" and they don't expect or design for the worst. THAT IS EVIDENT RIGHT NOW.

It's doubtful if they are even safe. These things leak all the time (we just had another leak at Pickering). Forget the environmental consequences of uranium mining, the CO2 emissions from the mining process (which nobody even talks about), the radioactive tailings, the waste from the spent fuel etc etc. This whole "clean" technology is just so much BS when you look at the whole lifecyle of the mining to the storage of this crap. We're sacrificing our planet and our lives for this energy. The dollars could be put into solar tower power projects and other green sustainable energies to get them up to the MW we need. I'm sure panels could be put on every rooftop, windturbines and micro hydro solutions injected with enough $$ capitol that even one of these billion $ plants get funded for could be a huge step.

I'm highly suspicious of the nuke experts now and we all should be (I exclude RedNeck and a few others from this). THEY CAUSED THIS BY THEIR FAILURE. I'm not blaming the Japanese. I'm blaming the designers and engineers and approvers who FAILED to ANTICIPATE. People are going to die from this and every one of these deaths is ON THEIR HEADS.

PISSED OFF? DAM RIGHT. We all should be!

END RANT.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

You are the most awesome 15yr old ever.

I can only hope the rest of the kids rock as hard as you do.

You actually know what your talking about. And yet these 50yr olds don't HAVE A CLUE!

Isn't that scary by itself?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Now they want to get us to keep buying into the idea that nuclear power stations can be built safely. Tornado, flood, hurricane, earthquake. War? Meteor strike?

What they do is equivocate when something goes wrong. "We never could have anticipated it" -- well then don't build it. Millions of lives are at stake and you admit there are things you can't anticipate? Scrap this idea. Don't use this technology.

Haha, I don't think you should end this rant, please go and spam it at everyone. No jokes.

You are dead on 100%. Oh I love the truth feed me more.

I loved the part where you said "Scrap this idea", classic!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The patriot act makes terrifying the peeps a major offence.
this is why Nasa can't warn you unles the rock will miss.

I can tell you I used the same type of oracle as the PTB to get out of paper, just before this event.
Jim Berglund of Syzergy I do believe predicted this quake window,
Reagan for instance didn't do anything without an astrologer.

here is an xample of quake prediction
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here
www.calorey.com...

the conspiracy
just like BP's corporate control in the US the financial control of the bankers will conspire to trump what is right for the peeps everytime..
they control the press through ownership and advertising and there is the issue of criminal liability...
they also control the safety and clean up measures too
edit on 20-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by Helious

No you are not crazy sir. You are one of the only sane people left, I am afraid.

However, I am pleased to make company with you because I am seeking the solace and sanctuary of speaking with truthful and honest individuals who actually are willing to speak up about the dire problems facing humanity today.

I admit I am borderline obsessed with this thing. How can I not be? The whole world is changing so rapidly now it's unbelievable...Everyone knows that it's all different now and the future is scaring the crap out of them so bad that they refuse to even acknowledge reality.

I tried to bring the issue up with people in real life, they said 1) Not a big deal, 2) Not dangerous and to top it off if I dared disagree, it hit some sort of very weak nerve and they FLIPPED OUT HARD CORE. More than one person did this it's a pattern. They are like programmed with anger and rage. The world they once knew and loved (yeah right no one loved it) is gone now. Maybe they are just mad because they were used to the comforts of it? I don't know. But it makes them MAD as hell for you to point out the truth here.

It just pisses me off it does. Not only are people programmed through ignorance, but the media won't stop lying about everything, and the gov't doesn't give a dam if my children get cancer or not.

The only reason I am taking this at the highest level of emergency is because it is the highest level of emergency, ongoing! We have a fallout issue now, and it's 100% covered up.

The actual Radioactive Fallout is IN THE USA / CANADA RIGHT NOW!!! And the MEDIA isn't saying ANYTHING, not even MENTIONING it!!! They pretend it doesn't exist. It's bad man. They are either too embarrassed to admit it, or they are actually wanting our children to get cancer.

This "they don't want panic" is total utter garbage. I'm not panicking. I have sat down on this couch all day long just fine. I am just a little pissed off that's all. So please forgive me and don't feel that I am angry with any of you, I am not. My anger and utter disappointment is directed at the Media and the Govt. They are total complete failures, they failed me and they failed everyone.

They should have had disaster preparation. But they don't teach that skill. Why? Maybe for a reason....

I agree on a level off the charts. I got to work this morning and instead of turning on some uninspired March madness basketball game, I turned on CNN on one tv and Fox News on the other in the bar. I was repeatedly yelled at by customers and management alike to turn on the basketball game.

I understand better than anyone that my job is to ease peoples stress and try to make them feel comfortable and so I conformed and turned on pre season baseball and really crappy basketball but the fact remains, NOBODY will even acknowledge what is going on..... My good GOD, half of the people I talk too don't even know what Fukushima is, much less the threat and the global meltdown that is so close to ALL of us. I don't know if it is just denial of a doomed society clinging to the last throws of its own glory or just a complete and total lack of interest in knowledge that is to blame but it is genuinely scary.

I feel like there is nobody left to talk to that doesn't laugh or just tell me I'm fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
hey, Helious a fellow tarbendar...
did that for years

sports bar drinkers are the worst for not wanting any reality in their diet
and ultimately this is the real problem
dumb apathy and dumb greed
those are the albatrosses arund our necks
edit on 20-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
hey, Helios a fellow tarbendar...
did that for years

sports bar drinkers are the worst for not wanting any reality in their diet
and ultimately this is the real problem
dumb apathy

Yeah, I understand that, I mean, more than half of my "audience" are confirmed alcoholics and already subscribe to no reality already on a daily basis lmao.

However, waitresses, managers and the best of my customers are included as well, just refuse whole heartedly to think anything about this, out of sight out of mind?

This extends to my family and my girlfriend, they scorn me for watching the news!!! My mom is busy watching Army Wives and my girlfriend is upstairs watching reruns of the Vampire Diaries........ I just don't know what to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have to head to bead, I work open to close tomorrow. Please continue the discussion based on common sense observations and if still relevant tomorrow when I get home I will respond where I can. I want to thank you for making me feel sane again in a time where I really needed other people to see the things I am seeing. I can't tell you how much better that makes me feel, at least for tonight.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't think people are understanding the threat that is taking place in Fukushima at the moment. I viewed the following video to learn more about the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster and I think in this situation we have to learn from our past and I would highly recommend viewing the following video and comparing it to what we currently know about the situation. Most importantly, use your own mind and common sense to compare the two. Also take note what the possible outcome of the situation was.

For those of you who don't know the history of Chernobyl I urge you to watch this video and to do your own analysis of what happened then to the current crisis. It is truly frightening. I know there is nothing we can do but pray right now.

I just can't understand why the media is comparing it to the Three Mile Island incident, when I believe it has already reached the point of Chernobyl given the creepy similarities between the two.

I would also advise to view the other parts as well.

Chernobyl disaster incident PART 1

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks!

I wish I could say that my peers were just as informed, but instead of monitoring the potential fallout, they're playing Fallout 3 (At least in my area, anyway.) So I give my friends information and all they do is crack jokes about Godzilla
_javascript:icon('
'). It's rather sickening because my Japanese teacher has relatives living in Tokyo and even he doesn't know what's going on.

You see, this situation progressed this far because of our egotistical ideals. It's natural, and usually a good thing, for humans to be optimistic and confident. In Japanese culture, honor is ranked higher than survival and it has been, which is perfectly understandable. Yet, it is not very honorable to remain silent about a crisis while your own people are stranded in shelters without food, water and access to decent forms of communication. I've seen pictures of the survivors in those shelters and they are laying on the floor wrapped in thin-looking blankets; it's not a comforting sight. Perhaps we could think of those that fled Japan after the earthquake, surely they would want information so they would know if their loved ones who are still trapped there were going to be okay or not. Now, that being said, I think the plant workers put in their best efforts and that they should be given some sort of award for risking their lives to that extent.

The world may be cracked, but we can still stitch the pieces back together if we put in even HALF the effort it takes. Who knows how many chances we actually get, so shouldn't we treat this one like it's our last?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
But, instead of evacuating those living near the plants and calmly advising us about the potential threats those plants could have, they chose to tell everyone to continue their blissfully ignorant existences and just trust them.

I'm not saying to not trust your government,

Then I'll say it for you. Don't trust anyone who hasn't earned that trust, which puts governments at the very bottom of the list.

Just remember,
This world isn't built on conspiracies, it's built on ignorance and stupidity.

Well... when someone as smart as you gets a little older, you might discover that there's less ignorance and stupidity than you've been led to believe.

One quick example -- was the country that spends more on "intelligence" and "defense" than the rest of the world combined completely caught off guard on 9/11 by 19 Arabs who hijacked 4 commercial aircraft, who were then fortunate enough to not be detected and intercepted by NORAD and the DoD?

Now there's some people who still believe this level of ignorance and stupidity is possible, but I'm not one of them.

[edit] Wait, here's a better example -- was the decision to load Fukushima 3 with MOX plutonium done out of ignorance and stupidity? Or was there another reason?

It should be no surprise that the correct answer is 'B'. Nuclear plant operators are actually paid to use MOX plutonium so the plutonium doesn't have to be transported and stored.

edit on 3/20/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JenaeMcL
I don't think people are understanding the threat that is taking place in Fukushima at the moment. I viewed the following video to learn more about the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster and I think in this situation we have to learn from our past and I would highly recommend viewing the following video and comparing it to what we currently know about the situation. Most importantly, use your own mind and common sense to compare the two. Also take note what the possible outcome of the situation was.

For those of you who don't know the history of Chernobyl I urge you to watch this video and to do your own analysis of what happened then to the current crisis. It is truly frightening. I know there is nothing we can do but pray right now.

I just can't understand why the media is comparing it to the Three Mile Island incident, when I believe it has already reached the point of Chernobyl given the creepy similarities between the two.

I would also advise to view the other parts as well.

Chernobyl disaster incident PART 1

Great video and thanks for chiming in, this tragedy sadly reached the three mile island level on the first day. We are past Chernobyl now which is why we are witnessing large scale false flag events all over the globe. This will end up being the absolute worst man made disaster known to man since the dawn of time with implications not even the best minds in science can predict.

Everyones best bet right now is to inform themselves and take action based on your OWN common sense and not what is being reported on the MSM. Without panicking and endangering your family and neighbors you must protect yourself the best way you see fit and continue to live life until they make the imminent discloser of what exactly this means for our continued existence.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Oh, don't get me wrong, I definitely agree with you. The government does conceal important things from us, this has been proven by past history and current events, however, it is at least half our fault for being so complacent about it. Think about it, we created this problem ourselves. Humanity wanted a care-free future without responsibility so now we have it; most people these days care about i-pods and materialistic idiocy, but that aforementioned responsibility has to go somewhere. They're downplaying this situation because most of us don't want to care. The problem is, this crisis is affecting everything, including the global economy, which is going to continue to plunge. And since we worship the Almighty Dollar, you would think we would care just a little about this.

The United States government probably isn't as corrupt as a lot of other governments though. That being said, our senators and congressmen all have their own agendas and everything seems to be based on personal gain and not the country as a whole. I wish more people could do something about this; I joined a club at school but it's not concerned with global affairs. More of us need to protest, since change begins at the lowest level. The best thing we can do is inform people and let them analyze the information since we cannot force them to view things the same way we do.

The Japanese also claim they were caught off guard by this crisis. Quite a contradiction since my Japanese teacher told us they were experts on earthquake and tsunami protection, you would think they'd be prepared in case the nuclear plants were damaged. But what do I know? I'm not a so-called "Expert", so therefore, my information is automatically invalid because I am just an ordinary citizen. Your experts were ordinary citizens at one point too, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
The obvious state of destruction of the "containment" facility's evidenced by a multitude of pictures and videos is what can only be labeled as catastrophic. Considering that these facility's are constructed out of concrete and steel and visibly mangled and range from partially to wholly destroyed and have been described by Japans own nuclear experts as being a "last line" of defense against total nuclear fallout is only one tell tale sign.

The act of spraying ocean water through high power firetrucks and dumping corrosive sea water by helicopter can only be interpreted as last desperate acts from people who have no idea what there is left they can do. I mean honestly...... Dumping water onto exposed fuel rods by helicopter? Think about that for a second.

Connecting what can only be described as very long, giant extension cord into a complex that has that amount of damage to highly technical cooling systems and electronics is really going to restore a complex process of cooling to these massively damage structures?

Please stop relying on the main stream media and start relying on your common sense. I am not a nuclear scientist, I am a bartender who is somewhat intelligent and you would be shocked what your common sense can tell you that the main stream media can't if you are at least informed on some level that involves common sense.

I wouldn't bet my life on it but I would bet Libya is a false flag event to divert media attention to give the worlds more elite governments time enough to form plans of action to avoid the public panic, outrage and civil unrest the horror of something like this will incite.

After all, when has the UN EVER cleared military action the likes we are seeing now on the scope and scale we are now seeing in such short time. Ask yourself why is this all happening at once and maybe you can see the big picture.

I don't intend to debate this as this is my point of view and I could very well be wrong but my common sense is telling me I am not. Now, Ill go back to making cocktails to relieve stress for those that need it.

I was trying to talk to my brother about the tsunami relief and my nephew said 'did you see the tomahawk missiles! cool ..and then went on to express excitement over the whole libya thing ..it was kind of scary, he is 22

I definitely don't remember the UN agreeing on anything in this space of time, seemed like about 3 days and boom.

so yes, I think that the nuclear disaster is already very bad, will get worse, and someone somewhere decided we needed another distraction, so we'll destroy someone who is VASTLY outgunned and outteched and put it all on the boob tube.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

LOL, you want more do you? Dude I could go on all day! I'm fuggin' pissed right off!

Human memories are short and our refusal to do anything but the easy way will damn our species. I too have tried to talk to my friends and loved ones, prepare them that this is one of the most dangerous events facing mankind, and have been faced with ridicule and stone-faced denial. Everything is going to be OK, sun is shining, birds are chirping. It's an insanity infecting us all piped in via the IV tubes of the MSM.

We don't need this technology which is the thing that gets me most heated up. How DARE these lobbyists, bankers, brokers and scientists take our lives in their hands? I put the blame squarely on the PTB that force our 'representative' governments to enact laws that are supposed to protect the people, and at the same time they are screwing us for profit. I'd like them to hold a mutated baby and look the mother in the face and remember their assurances. These assholes made the WRONG decisions for a woman right now who is feeding her child contaminated milk, a boy drinking water at a shelter, a man who wants to protect his family.

THE EXPERTS FAILED WHEN IT MATTERED.

I don't blame the nuke workers who've all been fed the same happy pills and after all are just trying to feed their families. Leon Festinger the famous Amercian Psychologist first noted this in his experiments that the more effort folks put into something the more they believed it was inherently worthwhile. They change their beliefs to reduce their uncomfortable dissonant feelings! Whatever the reason... they simply must believe it's worth the effort despite all evidence to the contrary!

We do the the most evil with the best intentions.

We're flawed. I truly believe humans are going to wipe ourselves out. We are not capable of controlling this technology. We have not found the way… this is not the path to our future, it's a path that leads to the end of our future. Fire was not good enough. Coal was not good enough. Oil was not good enough. It was all not enough! We wanted more and more energy to feed the furnaces of our race to build more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more…. we don't know when to quit, so much so the very idea of quitting is absurd! Strip and toxify this planet? Find another! More and more and more and more….

If we want to proceed, we must develop technology that we know is more in-tune with natural processes. Our need for TV's and computers and all the # we think we must have has to be balanced with the sources available. We need to scale back our need for energy until other technology can be ramped up to replace it. I'm not talking fossil fuels, and not coal, which are both in finite supply, but fuel that is naturally replenished - sun, water, wind. If we can not sustain our lifestyles for a while without nuke power, then we better change our lifestyles. WE NEED REAL LEADERSHIP who will empower us to MAKE CHANGE.

I'm dreaming that this will ever happen. There is no way we will stop our gluttony until we are forced to stop. I can only hope that afterwards there will be enough of the ruined earth left for a few humans to live and have the wisdom to LEARN from the past.

We are capable of so much love, compassion, creativity and joy. Our deeds need to speak to this potential, strive for it! But we didn't fight hard enough. Not really. We all knew it was deadly bad. We just HOPED it wouldn't happen so our fridges would stay on and our ipods charge up, and my computer that is writing this would function.

These nuke ("puke") plants are all around us now. This is JUST ONE. The real terrorists are the lobbyists selling our future down the river for a buck and smiling in our faces while they do it. We're the a**hats if we continue to let ourselves butt-raped by these monsters. So who's REALLY at fault here?

WE FAILED WHEN IT MATTERED.

In the coming days we all will hear about sick people. Perhaps dying people. Mothers, sons, fathers, somebody's dear one. Unless you were on the front-lines fighting these plants, then, well, we're all responsible. Grats us. We've reaped what we've sewn.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Wertwog because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I'm not a so-called "Expert", so therefore, my information is automatically invalid because I am just an ordinary citizen. Your experts were ordinary citizens at one point too, I'm sure.

Well seeing as how the "experts" caused all this mess by failing to anticipate the simplest... and I mean most basic environmental factors of this location, I'd say you're correct in not trusting them to handle wiping their own a**es right now.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sounds like you none of you guys have ever watched the all-telling documentary called Idiocracy (Was going to insert smiling face, but it's really not that funny, more sad to be honest). I highly recommend it to all of those with unanswered questions, frustrations, and confusion. You will see how the average mind thinks and the path society is headed down.

TPTB have the world right where they want them, obsessed with the meaningless, and ignorant of the obvious.

S+F OP just for proving that you still have the ancient antiquity known as Common Sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Common sense. If you are still using common sense then you haven't been brainwashed by the TPTB. MSM is their main tool, and censorship is required to keep the sheeple happy. Most people can't handle the truth, and therefore get sucked into the ritual of their daily lives. It's safe. Let TPTB handle it, no need to worry.

Those who do see the truth know that the SWHTF soon enough. We watch and try to tell others, but get met with the same nonchalance everywhere we go. It's frustrating that others are such zombies, saying "don't talk to me, March Madness is on!" Grrrr.

The collapse is coming. The global economy is failing. Japan, as of last year, was the number 2 economy in the world. Now, Japan is hurting. It hasn't affected us yet, but soon enough.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i have been putting the op's sentiment forward on every sounding board i can. as this has been my belief from the onset. they dont even mention Japan anymore and it isnt even supposed to be american boys in harms way. shock and awe people. thank you for your common sense op. just wish the majority had some as well.

s&f

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

"Just remember,
This world isn't built on conspiracies, it's built on ignorance and stupidity."

I beg to differ with you on that point. You will eventually learn that the world is built on conspiracies by the officials and priests. That is the way it always have been and will always be. They are able to do that by ignorance and stupidity.

The last thing that they would want is for everybody to think for themselves with a knowledge base of something less than the statistics of sports stars or what is the hotest shows on TV. On the other side, many people do feel that "ignorance is bliss," so why fight it.

Word change
edit on 20-3-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join