It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation and YOU: Fearmongerers/Those in Fear, Read This!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why even worry about radiation..Ann Coulter said it is good for you. Even though there are many kinds of radiation out there just lump them into one batch and you should be alright....If it's on T.V. it's got to be true...Just do as the people on t.v. tell you to, o yea, and your government also, and you'll live happily ever after...It's this "ever after" part that has me worried !!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
reply to post by chocise

Really interesting read! Thanks for passing that along! I'm going to take it with a grain of salt, and assume that the answer lies somewhere between the conservative "best case scenarios" in your email and the "OMG the world is ending!" fearmongerers. I do feel radiation is being way overhyped - just mention the word and people begin scrambling.

Cheers, I was also surprised by it.

And was also astonished to learn only about 28 workers or liquidators [of the 300,000+] involved in the Chernobyl disaster and subsequent clean-up actually died as a direct consequence of acute radiation exposure.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Helen Caldicott...

She called the situation in Japan was an “absolute disaster” that could be many, many times worse than Chernobyl. Dr Helen Caldicott raised the possibility of cataclysmic loss of life and suggested the emergency could be far more severe than Chernobyl.

“The situation is very grim and not just for the Japanese people,” said Dr Caldicott.

“If both reactors blow then the whole of the Northern Hemisphere may be affected,” she said.

“Only one reactor blew at Chernobyl and it was only 3 months old, with new cores holding relatively little radiation; these ones have been operating for 40 years and would hold about 30 times more radiation than Chernobyl’s.”

Dr Caldicott cited a report from the New York Academy of Sciences, which said that over 1 million people have died as a direct result of the 1986 melt-down at Chernobyl, mostly from cancer. She said authorities had attempted to “hush up” the full scale of the Chernobyl disaster. The official 2005 figure from the International Atomic Energy Agency was just 4,000 fatalities.

The NYAS is a credible 200 year-old scientific institution.

Consensus. Reflection. Opinions

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chocise

Originally posted by pforkp
reply to post by chocise

Really interesting read! Thanks for passing that along! I'm going to take it with a grain of salt, and assume that the answer lies somewhere between the conservative "best case scenarios" in your email and the "OMG the world is ending!" fearmongerers. I do feel radiation is being way overhyped - just mention the word and people begin scrambling.

Cheers, I was also surprised by it.

And was also astonished to learn only about 28 workers or liquidators [of the 300,000+] involved in the Chernobyl disaster and subsequent clean-up actually died as a direct consequence of acute radiation exposure.

FUNNY THING
I just listened to an interview of the last survivor of the liquidators of the chernoble site.
everyone has died of radiation poisoning and she is shortly to go to?
don't worry bout Japan
America
After all the ATOMIC testing your own government has done on you:
Japan is the least of your worries

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Originally posted by Danbones

I just listened to an interview of the last survivor of the liquidators of the chernoble site.
everyone has died of radiation poisoning and she is shortly to go to?
don't worry bout Japan
America
After all the ATOMIC testing your own government has done on you:
Japan is the least of your worries

Since 1945 the Nuclear Nations have detonated Nuclear Devices all over the world...... Guess how many times the earth has been "bombed"? I'll give a hint.... Do you imagine it's over 2,000? Less than 500?

The entire world has been tested on...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
o dear

why am i here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join