It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.4 EQ BC Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If anyone is monitoring this site, have you noticed the increase in strength throughout the entire ring? Of course, V.Island is in this ring but look at the ring in its entirety. I have been watching this for a few months now and have never seen this?

Can anyone weigh in?

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I live in the Vancouver area and I can remember a couple of quakes that had the house shaking for a couple of seconds back in the 90's. I didn't feel anything from this last one but not surprising seeing it was 9km down and only around a 4.

While we are overdue for the "Big One" I think/or hope that with the recent EQ activity and disasters such as Japan that people here would start to get more prepared for when it hit.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by OneLife

She's our mother? Wow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 20-3-2011 by ag893 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by OneLife

She's our mother? Wow what a loon! You people will do anything to denounce the God of the Bible that created the earth and everything in it! Mother earth. Ha! What a joke!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Is there really a need to be rude and offensive to anyone who doesnt believe in the same things as you ?

I believe the topic of the thread is a Mag 4.4 in Canada ... and the rarity of such !

On topic ... does anyone know what the strength of previous EQ's were in the region and how long it's been since the last one was reported ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I reported on the last one a few weeks ago at 3.?...can't remember but the 4.4 is rare for this area. Have to try and find the historical data.

I don't think that's the important thing so much as the increase in intensity around the entire ring. This is what I am watching more closely.

Cliche time..."Only Time Will Tell"

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I reported on the last one a few weeks ago at 3.?...can't remember but the 4.4 is rare for this area. Have to try and find the historical data.

I don't think that's the important thing so much as the increase in intensity around the entire ring. This is what I am watching more closely.

Cliche time..."Only Time Will Tell"

Hey jude11 (good title for a song
)

The reason I ask is because I caught another thread earlier today (can't recall the title now) about the crop of earthquakes in normally quake-free places (since the Japanese quake)

Woody

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

People can take the news however they like, if you fear you fear.

I am interested in the FACTS that a smaller earthquake around the 4's and 5's always happens right before a much larger event.

Get over the "fear mongering" FEAR that you have, its quite boring.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yeah, have you seen this map?

EQ's popping up in places not usually having to deal with them. And again, the intensity.

V. Island has little ones every Month between 1-3. 3 is getting up there for that area. 4.4 is, in my opinion, a little unnerving.

Not ready to ring alarm bells. But taking notice is smart.

Ok, had to edit. People can take it for what they think it's worth but here goes:

Look at the map:

Now look from NZ and continue the line all the way to Russia. These have gotten bigger and stronger in the last week. Fact.

Now look at Chile to Mexico. Stronger and more in numbers...Fact.

Now look at the clusters in America from Cal to Alaska. More numerous and increasing in strength. Fact.

EQ's on the rise in Central US as well. Fact

Now a 4.4 on V. Island?

This is not too difficult to see the pattern here. Most people I believe are trying to de-bunk this theory because of 2 things:

1. Don't want to believe and denial is a great form of self preservation.

2. Arrogance. It can happen everywhere else in the World, but not here because we are special.

People can look at the maps and data in order to make up their own minds as I do. I for one, do see something coming. And that's my right. It's also my right to inform people, give info and let them form their own conclusions.

I have been watching these maps for 6 months, and this is MY conclusion.

edit on 20-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Its not true that this would be totally without occurrence in BC, not sure of the area directly. The Island has had quakes.

We're on a major arm of the San Andreas, or a have major fault lines.

For example, up to Abbotsford is very earthquake zone and the big one could be very big indeed.

Then there is the volcanic activity, with the chain just across the border, going to Mount Saint Helen's.
Harrison Hot Springs is hot for a reason.

Then the Okanagan, which is beautiful and beloved to me, is the sunken land mass between two major branches of the san andreas, and is crisscrossed by fault lines. Not to mention, many dormant volcanoes.

So seismic activity in Southern BC, would be expected.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but 6 months observation doesn't cover much time.
You could have looked at that map any time in the last 6 years and it would have looked pretty much the same, give or take a few variations on magnitudes and location.
The only thing for sure "fact" is that there hasn't been a significant earthquake on the West coast of the North American continent south of the Aluetian Islands since Jan 2010 (Baja)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by OneLife

I am interested in the FACTS that a smaller earthquake around the 4's and 5's always happens right before a much larger event.

Sorry, but this is incorrect.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I for one wouldn't be over concerned about the location of this one, or even its size
EQCanada haven't got it listed just yet but the odds are the location description will be "106km SW of Port Hardy, BC"

If you look on the 30 day list below you will see there are a load of quakes here all the time. In fact along with Tofino its the most common quake location along the island coast
earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

just found the quake on EQ Canada
it was only a 3.8 anyway, USGS over estimated it

History

edit on 20-3-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Extremely wierd how you were on the islands and didn't feel it yet a friend from Penticton said he could. I don't see him pulling my leg since he's not at all interested in anything besides fashion lol

reply to post by Nastradamus

Its normal for maybe half the people to feel a quake that is of around that magnitude.
EQ near my house last year.

I was awake and on the computer playing SC2 and the only reason I knew an earthquake happened is cause a bunch of peoples facebook statuses had said things like "Anybody feel that rumble?" stuff like that. A couple of my friends felt their house rumbling, but I felt nothing

Just like to add that eq's are pretty rare where I live

edit on 20-3-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

Where do you live? Curious?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there's a map that combines info. like this: quakes.globalincidentmap.com... with where the fault lines are?
edit on 20-3-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

Funny you posted that article from back in the summer, I myself felt the quake here in downtown Toronto and MANY people in Toronto felt it as well even though it was in northern quebec... It wasn't major by any means but still a shock to feel the ground moving like that here in Toronto. The first time I've ever felt anything of that nature and I can only worry what would happen if a much larger quake were to strike again how much of an impact it would actually have here in Toronto...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

I lived in Taiwan for over a year and Asia for about 8. In Taiwan, there were many times that I was sitting watching TV in my apartment and then felt nauseous to the point of vomiting. Lost and unconnected.

Sometimes, it was a rattling and shaking but the times of most concern was just a feeling of being sick.

I later learned that the nauseous times were when earth quakes were deep but still resonating through the buildings on a frequency that was felt internally and the feeling just wasn't right with out internal vibrations. Weird.

Anyway, I just tried to get on a more positive note and posted a thread on 5 min bread recipes and techniques...(just in case the SHTF of course)

Trying to get away, not ignore, the doom and gloom for a minute or 2. And I Do know, a lot of folks on the West Coast will appreciate it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is bad news. Predictions of a Mega Quake, huge one, with Vancouver, BC, Seattle and Portland, being the critical area they perceive this occurring in, and someone said, they wouldn't be surprised if it occurred in a week, causing a huge tsunami in Japan.

I really do think HAARP.

Countdown To Catastrophe Mega Quake Japan and Beyond Part 1 Of 4 [HQ]

Countdown To Catastrophe Mega Quake Japan and Beyond Part 2 Of 4 [HQ]

Countdown To Catastrophe Mega Quake Japan and Beyond Part 3 Of 4 [HQ]

Countdown To Catastrophe Mega Quake Japan and Beyond Part 4 Of 4 [HQ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join