It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.4 EQ BC Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Getting stronger on the coast. Will post more as it comes.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Sunday March 20 2011, 04:20:39 UTC 50 minutes ago Vancouver Island, Canada region 4.4 Depth 9.9

edit on 20-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Location 49.910°N, 128.216°W
Depth 9.9 km (6.2 miles)
Region VANCOUVER ISLAND, CANADA REGION
Distances 104 km (64 miles) SSW of Port Hardy, British Columbia, Canada
213 km (132 miles) W of Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
375 km (233 miles) WNW of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
391 km (242 miles) WNW of VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 24 km (14.9 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)

edit on 20-
3-2011 by jude11 because: update

edit on 20-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

Mod Note : Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 20-3-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod note , add external source tags

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

S+F for feeding me news so close to home....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thats a lil bigger than I'm comfortable having close to me. I just hope that it an isolated quake with no more to follow. But it does for sure seem like the west coast and namely North America are starting to wake up and the plates are doing there thing, fingers crossed. Thinking about sticking the canoe on the roof, incase the shaking isn't over, don't like the dam right up the river from me. LoL

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
yeah I see it on earthquake.usgs.gov...

keep us posted. thankfully everything looks good so far. cali even looked good Sat as technically its now Sat night/Sun Morn

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

coming to a town near me?

hold on to Seattle...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Interesting, a friend from Penticton, British Columbia said he felt some rumbling earlier.

Looks like things are starting to heat up, we'll see what the rest of the weekend/coming week has in store...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
what concerns me is all night higher than normal radiation levels that is not on the west coast. but, closer to the middle where I live. In Colorado has been a big concern..

We are having activity all month and Feb on the New Madrid. Ark has been lighting up a lot... been watching closely

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I live on Vancouver Island (never felt it actually) and just want to say that regardless of intentions, displaying these warning of 'the big one' all over the place produce nothing but fear. If it's your time, it's your time. Going out in fear is just going to not allow you to make smart choices. Trying to follow every earthquake and pointing at each one going 'the big one's coming!' or my favorite 'the sky's falling!' doesn't help. Do you watch one villager stab another and then edge him on to stab another?

It's a sick fascination and it's just sort of disgusting how many people follow this, acting as Chicken Little to every earthquake. Just as bad as the ones who high tail it outta some place of the possibility of one coming.

Just had to get that out there. Mother Nature is not your enemy. She is our mother. These bodies are fairly convincing but we're in them to learn, to grow, to evolve, until we can live in complete unity and harmony with the Earth and enjoy life. You don't go until your lesson is up. So stop fearing and start living.

Nothing's going to stop some big earthquake to hit us if it does, but fearing it isn't healthy. Do you listen to some big bad God telling you you're going to hell if you don't follow set rules and lead a miserable life? Don't let these natural disasters rule your life and take all your 'energy' away.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ugh.. right underneath my feet. Not cool. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I hope this doesnt happen here again. I had a strong feeling a few hours ago that something was wrong, and a strange tension. Been looking for threads or some sign of it. Not sure this is it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Weird. It's been awhile since BC has had any kind of significant EQ. Let's hope it's the only one.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Extremely wierd how you were on the islands and didn't feel it yet a friend from Penticton said he could. I don't see him pulling my leg since he's not at all interested in anything besides fashion lol

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hopefully this isn't a precursor quake to something larger. Juan de Fuca, anyone?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Something is very wrong, don't know what it is yet. Hope its not seismic. There are some predictions that need to not come true, and just have the people start to win,and take back their world in freedom, love and equality.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
Going out in fear is just going to not allow you to make smart choices.

Correct. But being for-warned will.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
Weird. It's been awhile since BC has had any kind of significant EQ. Let's hope it's the only one.

I lived there for 10 yrs and never felt a thing. Never had one over 3 when I was there.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
wrong thread.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
We've been having little ones for awhile now.. most down off the coast of Oregon.. It doesn't appear that any of our volcanoes (Baker, Washington, Rainier) are reacting to any deep movement yet. Personally I think it's a reaction to strain further south.. but that's just my opinion of course..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
There was an EQ not too long ago in Ontario, right? Hard to keep up with all of the information out there.

I remember an EQ last year that was felt in my area, albeit faintly. It occurred near Montreal.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

It was in Quebec but was felt in Ontario. I think it was an area that didn't get earthquakes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join