It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Color Me Crazy...Eerie Vibes!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have always been a star gazer. My kids grew up laying on a blanket in the yard with me at night, looking at the night sky! Even as a child myself, I loved riding in the back of daddys truck at night so I could star gaze.

After a very long cold winter, I have very much been looking forward to some warmer weather. Finally we get some, and what happens? I go out on the porch, in the dark and sit down, spring frogs were singing, a light warm breeze, perfect evening. . . but I got the worst case of the creeps that I have ever had and practically ran in the house in a panic. This happens everytime I go outside at night recently. I'm serious, I can't explain it. It doesn't "feel" safe to me. I can assure you that I am not nuts. This is not a normal thing for me. I have taken walks down the road at night before, now I can't even stand on my own porch without being scared.

Have any of you ever experienced this? Is it all my head and I am just paranoid?

I don't know, maybe I need to give myself a break from some of the reading in here! LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I can remember a few years ago after starting to research conspiracies and strange phenomena that I too went through a stage of crisis when I was having to change some strong beliefs and ideologies, especially if it went against my deepest convictions I shared with friends and family. It involves emotions and mental anguish as well as physical modification.

Knowledge is liberating... and frightening.

Just know that soon you will be through this as shedding new light on long-time identity and belief systems, however unnerving, leads to an empowered spirit and eventual peace of mind.

You are not alone in your journey, and you must continue in it now that you have started.

edit on 20-3-2011 by goddesslovr88 because: Additional info.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goddesslovr88

Thank you. I just wish that I understood this feeling. I love the outdoors at night. I have sat on my porch and called owls to the yard... I swear if a mouse farted out there now, I'd soil myself! I don't like it. I don't like being afraid of something that I have always loved.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

to be honest i've felt similarly lately, I was just talking to a friend of mine about it... I used to love night time and now lately it just makes me uneasy and nervous feeling.. ominous

I'm sure thinking about all the terrible things going on in the world doesn't help..

link   
Around 3 or 4 o'clock at night when I go outside I feel as if something is following me as I walk, but never any other time, only at 3-4 o'clock.

I've felt a surprising disturbance in the atmosphere lately so I usually stay in during those hours.

link   

Hey there fellow Kentuckian...

I got a good rambling for you...but there is method to my madness

I stumbled across ATS back in 2004... Since there Its became an addiction to me...
I don't feel "paranoid" I sit outside and smoke at night... being a night owl and a chain smoker... I spend many many hours looking at the stars...

like I said I dont feel paranoid... reading all these aliens gonna getcha, government is evil threads has never effected my smoking time...

but yeah... as in the past 2 months its got worse... I dont like being outside when everyone else is asleep... I keep my door open, inside lights on and the porch lights on, if I have to go outside...

been smoking inside more and more... its like I can feel something watching me... and I swear I've seen movement... something there... and BAM its gone...

I know what your saying... its scary as hell out there at night.... i'm also a hunter who enjoys night hunts... dont think i will go on one any time soon...

matter of fact... i almost feel like crying when i think of being out there for an extended period of time.... and for me to admit that publicly its unsettling...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

This happens everytime I go outside at night recently. I'm serious, I can't explain it. It doesn't "feel" safe to me.

I think you should trust your gut feeling...or intuition. After all, you explained this is unusual for you. Perhaps you are picking up something on the periphery of your sensory range...just enough for your unconscious mind to warn you.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I have tried to tell myself that it is all the doom and gloom that I have been reading and seeing on the news, but I don't know. I hope that is all it is. Ominous is an excellent word. I learned a long time ago to never go against my gut... my gut says run when I go out there. I feel like a kid being scared of the boogey man!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Around 3 or 4 o'clock at night when I go outside I feel as if something is following me as I walk, but never any other time, only at 3-4 o'clock.
reply to post by CordDragonzord

That's the 'eerie' break in the day that I've always felt uneasy in...it seemed to me always that at 3 a.m. there was some kind of 'break' in the day, like a crack opening in reality that can let anything in..weird. At
times when I woke in the night I would look and it would be 3 or around 3 a.m. Night visitor time.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Ominous is exactly how it feels for sure... and I too have been on this forum for a while as a lurker long before I signed on, I've always been interested in "fringe" topics and that sort of thing.. it really is just a recent thing where it feels like that .. but yes I really did just chalk it up to the major events going on..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i have to say i know how you feel the other day all was well i was just siting whith my wife enjoying and evning in and i could not shake a deep unseteling fear in my gut...
i eventualy told my self that no mater what happens i am always in control. just try to rember that it seems to help me i just repeat it over and over in my head that im in control ans acept gut fear and anxity as almost a warning to be more cautious. oh and try to take deep breaths and from the belly and push anxity and fear up whith your exhale this will bring the anxity up towerd your head wher you can adress any fears you may have. just some thoughts on what has helped me in the past
-jplaysguitar

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I am near tears to know that its not just me! I am glad that you admit you feel the same, as well as the rest of you. I makes me feel better if that makes sense. And yes, I too feel like I am being watched and fixing to be grabbed or something..... its freaky! I have been afraid to say anything, although the other night when I came flying back into the house, my husband ask me what was wrong and I told him something out there gave me the creeps... he just laughed at me...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

It's more of a weekend thing for me at least because during the work week I'm kept far too occupied and I go to bed much much earlier .. but during the weekends I've always been a night owl..

Everything just feels still and quiet.. and weird

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I've always loved the night too. I'm a night person. But I know what you are saying. There has been a terrible loss of life in Japan recently; the souls of many terrified people are passing over. Perhaps that is what you are sensing. After the earthquake I kept my tv and computer on all night long even though I had to go to work; it has taken four or five days before I settled down to just my computer on all night. I sleep every night with lights on; been this way for years.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

My husband works midnights, and I have taken to sleeping on the couch. I don't feel at ease sleeping in the bedroom by myself anymore and I leave the lamp and the tv on all night!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

For me, this was happening before the quake.. but yeah that certainly did not help put me at ease..

But things have been going on for quite a while now, the egypt protests for example.. quite a few lost their lives during that as well .. Libya.. Japan ..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Odd its happening to a lot of people... thought it was just me....
Something i've noticed too... I haven't seen or heard the coyotes since the 24th of February... I know the date cos I recorded them howling on my iphone and that logged the date... they have been making a fuss for the last 2 years here, all year long... now they seem to have "moved" on... I miss them...

odd times we are living in... we just got be strong and carry on...
Also just in cases... I have Bug Spray placed at strategic points on my porch... in case something ever does really get after me...

(actually they are just thrown around, bought them 3 weeks ago for the Waspers...) but I might keep a few around...

I swear it might be my imagination running wild... but I can picture a mean old reptilian alien snarling and licking it long tongue at my direction when i am out there.... that may just be paranoia, lol... but the fear its self... isn't... the fear is real... its like being hunted... a hunter knows when he is being hunted...
edit on 3/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've felt a horrible feeling lately also.

Do you mind if I ask if you live in the country or in a city?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Long before I ever came to ATS, long before I really dived into conspiracy. (This would have been roughly July of last year) I was spending the week house sitting at my parents (my old) home where I have spent MANY hours in the backyard by myself, with binoculars and telescopes just staring at the sky during for over 20 years.) The sky has always called to me...comforted me.

This is when the fear/ odd sensation when being outside first began. I would stand there, looking at the stars and just feel completely chilled. I wanted to run into the house and lock the doors, I couldn't even stand to be outside for a whole cigarette... it felt so unnerving.

I am of the opinion that ET exists, is visiting, but is harmless to us humans so I don't believe this strange sensation had anything to do with my "paranormal" interests.

So I wonder what is is we are experiencing, I think its more than current events freaking us out or our studies/research getting to our heads.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

don't actually feel safe in my home either...
right now my cigarettes are in my dark as hell kitchen... thinking about "Accidentally" waking the wife so I can go and get them...

hopefully we all had too much coffee and got the jitters...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join