It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making ATS a little bit Madder...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

Long time reader, new account to provide a comfortable blanket of a anonymity. I don't know how much time I have left, as I have Chronic Myeloid Leukemia and currently shuffling into year 3 with no remission. I quit going to the doctors because the medications they provided just made matters worse, since stopping the meds I have felt healthier than I have in ages. Only downside is that according to all examples, I'm probably looking at the last few years ahead of me.

All of that aside, the reason I created this account is because of the things I've experienced in my rather short time here on this planet. I've read many threads on these forums, some of which are obviously complete rubbish by attention seekers, and others that go for 100s of pages with people sharing experiences that they would probably not bubble at the chance to share in a regular room full of people. I can not allow what has happened to me in life to go undocumented, so fantastical as it can sound. I promise I have never been abducted by aliens, tanned on a rock with a reptile man, or hung out with a group of friends letting off chinese lanterns...but what I have seen and done deserves more than a passing memory as I die.

All I want to do is share with ATS the clearest, sharpest memories of some things that have happened to me over the years, sans exaggerations or mad libbing. All I ask in return is that if any of you read my posts in the near future and anything I say hits a personal note with you, please pipe up. The terrible thing of feeling lost in a sea of people is not knowing there are others like you floating out there as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wish you the best man, and hope you can give us all your stories in the time you have left. Remember, Prayer is a GREAT medicine. I got you in mine tonight

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Welcome, I look forward to your stories.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

I have lost so many in the last few years to cancer and accidents and currently watching a young friend with stage 4 liver cancer express the same sentiments as you about living as never before. And like so many on ATS who are expressing discontent and depression regarding recent events, I am asking myself, "Can I go, somewhere away from this planet and all its problems, anywhere?" I really feel I am ready, not suicidal...just ready to go.

edit on 19-3-2011 by goddesslovr88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MelvinTheMad

Melvin the mad. I am smokinmirrors. I welcome you to this great site! I don't post often, but do when It hits home. I tell my mother who is fighting a disease we cannot pin point, the power of the mind is so great that even when drawing our last breath, if we are happy, we will remain so! Staying positive is what I am trying to promote! Though you do not sound negative at all! Welcome again. I look forward to your posts!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hello Melvin! I too look forward to your posts. I wish you strength and courage and peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I think you will find the majority of our community intelligent and compassionate. I look forward to hearing your stories and sharing your experiences.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by goddesslovr88

It tooks the first two years to really come to grips with having cancer. I was reading in one of the threads about how some Japanese doctors will shy away from telling patients that they have cancer, to avoid months/years of mental anguish over your own impending doom. Part of me wishes I had been lucky enough to have a doctor like that, absurd I know, but honestly I think life wouldn't have come to such a standstill the past few years had I stayed ignorant of it.

It has only been within the past few months that I've sat down, put some thought into it, and realized that hey...# it. Whatever happens is going to happen, and no matter how many drugs they throw at me (other than a rock solid cure), I'm just as dead either way. I'm just hoping that the secret of all secrets is that cancer is actually the method of choosing who gets to go to the happy place. Cancer gets you into Heaven, you heard it here first. (Side Note: The last statement is a joke.)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Supposedly there are cures for cancer. Do a search here on the site. There are many people who probably have cancer and don't even know it. For whatever it's worth, we are far more than our physical bodies. Many years ago, I had an out of body experience which sounds crazy, but true. Ever since, I have believed that life continues on after death.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Melvin... Nice honest Intro.. Thanks for that.

Share away..

Opinions count here... not just facts...

IF ATS had to count on facts all the time... there would only be about 2 people coming here.

Hope you feel comfortable on here, and what your going through and sorry.

And I'm no spokesman here at all. Just another annoying,opinionated poster.

Say whatever you feel like.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Trust me, one of the first things I did upon joining ATS a few years back was to scour for any ideas, tips, or solutions to the old C monster. Nothing I read really instilled me with courage to attempt the remedies, so what I've been doing is training my brain to limit and reroute pain to other areas of my body. Say for instance a headache, I've now got it to where I can make the throbbing go from my head to the tip of my pinkie, which is far more tolerable. Knowing that this is possible has given me a small hope that maybe there is something to this whole "mind over matter" idea, though the idea of controlling cancer in the same way as pain is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You just joined and I like you already. Don't die too soon. Ok?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MelvinTheMad
reply to post by goddesslovr88

...but honestly I think life wouldn't have come to such a standstill the past few years had I stayed ignorant of it.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I've often wondered what my life would have been like if I had never learned of certain things. You can never really 'unlearn' something and sometimes I think the hardest things to do in this life is forget.

Like others here, I also look forward to your posts and maybe we can share some crazy stories because I have my own 'out there' experiences myself. I tend to talk pretty freely about them once I'm comfortable around who I'm sharing with (which may not be the greatest thing to do sometimes). I can tell there is much hesitation to believe in the things I've experienced, but hey I guess those experiences are for me

All the power to you in your fight.

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 20-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hah. Thank you, and no - I plan on lurking around ATS until the keyboard no longer accepts my responses.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I found a site that may or may not help you with your current struggle:

www.cam.net.uk...

Also, you should try researching "Natural Herbs", mainly the ones you can find outside the U.S. For I know there are millions of different plant type medicines that can be quite useful but interesting as it is how alot of these herbs are illegal in the U.S., because they MAY cure?

Good Luck and Never give up....

P.S. Recommend "Juicing", as I have had a number of serious ailments completely vanished after a schedule of juicing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

hi & welcome, melvin

sharing experiences is very important... not just to get it out there - but it can help us understand ourselves even better... i'll be looking out for your posts

you must have worked hard to reach this point, i admire your fortitude... i hope you gain from being here, & have fun too! my bestest wishes to you

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

Hah. I am digging the grape juice idea, and I'm curious enough to try it out.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Howdy, Really really interested in reading what you have to say. stay strong.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

HEH! now that is a very interesting theory! i knew of juicing for detox, e.g. cigarettes, drugs etc but hadn't heard of it for cancer.

Hmmm would really like to see a proper test case with unbiased medical reports, now wouldn't that be one hell of a conspiracy by the medical professions!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

Well there you go - I can be a pretend test case for "juicing".

I just went to the store, bought myself a bottle of Welch's...so lets see how it goes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join