It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pannicked Art Bell caller. Remember?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This link www.youtube.com...

I remember listening to the Art Bell show, and hearing this live. I was working in an overnight security night watch'man' (gal) post. I would have dismissed this as a hoax, but when the call was dropped, the show was cut off the air for a time, as well.
This caller said that coming disasters are know by certain officials, will destroy most people, and "there are a lot of safe areas they could begin moving people to now, Art"
It's very very creepy. This was from (1996-or-1997?)
Art comes back on and said they now have to be on "a backup system".
He says, "the transmitter went belly-up" and "I have never seen it do this in all my years of"..........
edit on 19-3-2011 by simone50m because: ad text

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by all2human because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
hasn't Bill Cooper "exposed" Art Bell as a shill in the same vein as AJ? I may be wrong, but this could be a desperate attemp at boosting ratings.

chilling call nonetheless

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have no affiliation with coasttocoastam. I don't recall Cooper re. Bell. Art was quite viciously attacked by liars, to hurt his personal life. People out there just want ( self censore, I was saying what I really think!...)
edit on 19-3-2011 by simone50m because: Off Topic Post

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It was engineered radio magic.
edit on 19-3-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
That call still creeps me out.

If I recall correctly, however, the guy called back a bit later and claimed he was just kidding. Good acting, if so...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Even though these guys dramatize the show, the content is still valid much of the time. When AJ is screaming that the jubment is lying about the fallout threat, does anyone really doubt that?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Try the ATS search feature. This has been posted and discussed several times and most recently was reposted last week again.

The caller eventually called back and said it was all a hoax

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

If I recall correctly, however, the guy called back a bit later and claimed he was just kidding. Good acting, if so...

It wasn't the same voice, the "acting" call wasn't the same, I can't believe people think it was the same voice, IT WASN'T!
edit on 20-3-2011 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It is hard to belief that Art Bell has anything to do with putting this act together. If so, he has sold out and has he discredited himself for the rest of his life. i also heared the caller explain himself later as it being a hoax......very confusing alltogether.
Was the information he cried over the telephone not before the whole subject became public knowledge and repeated by other "insiders" after him?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by VariableConstant

It wasn't the same voice, the "acting" call wasn't the same, I can't believe people think it was the same voice, IT WASN'T!
edit on 20-3-2011 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

Yes it was. The guy who called back was able to duplicate the first call on command. It was definitely him.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Are we really discussing this AGAIN?
So we had pages on whether it would happen and now we likely have pages about it not happening.
And while we continue to speculate on the ifs and whys of something not happening, the world around us is going to hell. Or maybe the OP didn't notice.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I listened to the both calls and i dont beleive the bloke who called back was the same bloke who first called into the show. There is organisations like the CIA, NSA etc who have dirty trcks departments. This is been discussed many times on ATS. Just because some bloke calles up a raido show and seys he is someone doesn't mean to say we is a.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
reply to post by VariableConstant

I listened to the both calls and i dont beleive the bloke who called back was the same bloke who first called into the show. There is organisations like the CIA, NSA etc who have dirty trcks departments. This is been discussed many times on ATS. Just because some bloke calles up a raido show and seys he is someone doesn't mean to say we is a.

I don't know, sounded like the same guy to me:

www.youtube.com...

I've got an excellent ear for voices, and again, sounds like the same guy. I won't discount voice-morphing technology at play, and I would have to admit that it was quite strange that the feed cut out in the middle of the call. Perhaps he was just messing around, and got a little too close to the truth?
edit on 20-3-2011 by VariableConstant because: auto-link

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I don't care how good that guy was at imitating the caller - there is no way in hell that by sheer coincidence the satellite feed went dead at the exact right moment. No way. Completely improbable.

That second caller was an agent designed to create a cover story for what happened.
edit on 20-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

In doing some more research about this show, you all might find it interesting what date the show occurred on.

September 11, 1997.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by simone50m

In doing some more research about this show, you all might find it interesting what date the show occurred on.

September 11, 1997.

Yeah, I noticed that.

Date just keeps popping up, huh?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Bill Cooper had a habit of "exposing" anyone who wasn't named Bill Cooper as a "shill" or a "disinfo agent". In reality, he was a delusional irresponsible drunk who threatened anyone he felt "wronged" him, to include Alex Jones, Art Bell (apparantly...I was not familiar with this before), John Lear and even his former promoter/business manager.

By the way, Bill was not "taken out" by the authorities...he was the one who brought his own death on him, by beillgerantly attacking a Doctor who was lost, and had turned around in his driveway, and then assaulting the deputies who came over to confront him. While they were undercover, they identified themselves as officers, and he still pulled his gun, and started firing...hitting two of them, if I recall correctly.

Bill Cooper did more damage to the UFO and conspiracy communitiy than the CIA ever could.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo

Sure, Bill Cooper was off his rocker. Bill Cooper did the UFO community a favor, however, by talking about UFOs and conspiracies, getting people to think about that stuff and to start asking questions.

A wise man once told me that "if I can just get you to think about it, then I accomplished my goal". Bill did that, in his own crazy way. And for that, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Nathwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I cant seem to find it but there is another video out there that has the same guy calling it... Admitting he was pulling a prank... And he even did the same..."scared voice" and everything....

It was just a prank.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join