It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton & Obama Now Have A Tie: Illegal Wars Under Their Belts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Obama today declared war against Libya unilaterally with no vote from Congress by authorizing the firing of more than 112 Tomahawk missiles into Libya. Just as Clinton in 1999 unilaterally declared war on Serbia with no vote from Congress. And who is it that's the war mongering political party? Funny that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

we have a no-fly zone in place in Libya to keep a monomaniacal dictator from exterminating a city full of people for the high crime of not wanting him in power.

We joined NATO against Serbia to intervene in Serbia's ongoing ethnic cleansing against Albanians and Kosovar.

Interesting fact?

Conservatives hate our intervention in former Yugoslavia, just as they now are hating our intervention in Libya. Yet they love the ongoing slaughter of Iraqis and Afghans and Yemenites and Pakistanis in those illegal wars and operations. Conservatives had no problem with Poppy starting an illegal war in Somalia, and never said a peep during twelve years of Iraqi sanctions that caused the death of over 4 million civilians.

It would seem that when we are killing Muslims, it's great. When we're trying to save their lives, the right craps their pants and starts screaming.

Why is that?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Where do you get the "Obama Declared" From?

The whole world doesn't revolve around Obama. I think you'll find that the French and the Brits pushed this one through with Nato and the US and everyone else went along.

Why blame the president for everything? Ok I'm not his biggest fan but please get it right.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

And this is excuse enough to you to not get Congressional approval to declare war on a non-threat to the United States? Even Bush got approval from Congress for his wars before acting.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Obama authorized the use of deadly force from our military against Libya, in other words he declared war on Libya.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Obama today declared war against Libya unilaterally with no vote from Congress by authorizing the firing of more than 112 Tomahawk missiles into Libya. Just as Clinton in 1999 unilaterally declared war on Serbia with no vote from Congress. And who is it that's the war mongering political party? Funny that.

There was this guy who was president even before Barack Obama was...he started one war that had some legitimacy behind it at first and then another that was clearly for oil that had none and led to thousands of civilian deaths, let me find an article about him real quick...apparently he was a real stand-up guy.

www.iraqbodycount.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

He also went in to his presidency with a budgetary SURPLUS and left our current president with a complete mess and two misdirected wars
Reading is good you should do more of it
edit on 19-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Isn't obama illegally siting as chair of a UN commity while serving as prez?
Ron Paul says the war is illegal
Aipac controls the US according to Paul Craig Roberts the under secretary of the Treasury under Reagan

Correct me if Im wrong
isn't the US suposed to run its ownself?

And since this will result in a economic recovery killing hike in gas prices at the pump in the US
go team!

of course if Israel gets the cheap HIGRADE SWEET LIGHT Libyan crude though
then all is good
and the water in that massive incredible Irrigation and water saving project the Gahdaffi just built....
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

And that President got Congressional approval for both of those wars, whether right or wrong.

I have a feeling this thread is going to have a lot of dancing around the subject to avoid the facts.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Let me get this straight.. Obama declared war in part with the use of French air strikes and British cruise missiles? Let's just call this what it is, pure partisan political name calling as practiced by both the right and the left. And for the record, I have utterly no stake or interest in US politics. Or what is called politics.
edit on 19-3-2011 by metamagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's not illegal under the War Powers Act...assuming the War Powers Act is constitutional - there is much debate on that issue, but I don't think the Courts have ever taken that one up.

I find it curious that you did not mention Reagan's adventure in bombing Libya pretty much for no reason at all, nor his Grenada invasion (again, why?). Or how about Bush Sr.'s invasion of Panama and Desert Shield, where we had troops in Country quite a while before a vote, nor Bush Jr. going into Afghanistan or Iraq.

In all of these cases troops were committed, and in several of them we actively attacked. Why not mention Republicans who did the same? Why only single out Democrats? At least this is (so far) a very limited engagement by the U.S., as was our commitment in the Balkans.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Obama authorized the use of deadly force from our military against Libya, in other words he declared war on Libya.

Obama authorized the use of deadly force for the United States part in implementing the no fly zone.

The US initially didn't want to get involved.

tensions grew between London and Washington over the the British prime minister's suggestion that a no-fly zone could be imposed over the north African state. The US defence secretary, Robert Gates, delivered a pointed snub to the British government when he dismissed calls to police the Libyan airspace as "loose talk", and pointed out that it would require a massive logistical exercise. Mr Cameron surprised MPs this week when he disclosed he had asked the chief of the defence staff, General Sir David Richards, to "work with our allies on plans for a military no-fly zone". But Mr Gates's comments left the prime minister appearing to be struggling to find international support for the step, which has already been dismissed by Russia. Yesterday, the French foreign minister, Alain Juppe, said planning should take place for a no-fly zone, but only if it was endorsed by the UN Security Council. US support for the establishment, and enforcement, of such a zone would be essential. But Mr Gates told a congressional panel: "There is a lot of, frankly, loose talk about some of these military options. Warning The US defence secretary's comments were seen as a warning that involvement in Libya could stretch even its extensive military forces, which remain heavily committed in Afghanistan. British government sources last night played down suggestions of a diplomatic rift, adding that contacts between officials over Libya were continuing, and Mr Cameron was expected to speak to US President Barack Obama in the near future.

The Indepedant

The British Prime Minister was seeking a no fly zone back in February.
edit on 19-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
excuse me if i am wrong on this one or off topic much..

but on an external view... how is it possible to tell apart or compare US presidents since uh ever...?

then again the external view i get is that american politics and politicians are like a never ending sitcom where the plots and angles are always the same, but since they get a new cast every couple years the audience doesn't even notice they keep using the same old scripts from season one...

actually this says alot about politics worldwide

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
according to top government commentors
Illegally attacking a county alone or as part of an AXIS
is an act of war

and since congress didn't OK this use of force
seems pretty simple.
to simple

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

The ABC report in the opening post is reporting U.S. missiles, not French.

reply to post by LifeInDeath

I remember the left raising a fuss over all those also, but they don't demand their own Presidents 'follow the rules'?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Obama authorized the use of deadly force for the United States part in implementing the no fly zone.

The US initially didn't want to get involved.

From ABC News article in opening post:

President Obama, speaking from Brazil shortly after he authorized the missile attacks, said they were part of a "limited military action" to protect the Libyan people.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Trouble is, partisan bickering is designed to be ineffectual, the system has been manipulated to the point
where totally blatantly unconstitutional transgressions are common as lint.
This has been made possible by the use of the left and right to control the situation.

This is about them elites against the whole political system of the US...and all the other countries.
not left and right
western Left vs Right, the hegelian dialectic...the biggest WMD ever made.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The Security Council authorized Thursday "all necessary measures" to protect the people of Libya, giving permission to attack Libyan aircraft and ground forces.

source

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by metamagic

The ABC report in the opening post is reporting U.S. missiles, not French.

Read my post. I said French "airstrikes" not missiles. Check the news again, French aircraft, US and British missiles.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
is not Obama illegally chair of the UN security council at this time?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So, the U.N. Security Council now overrides the U.S. Congress, at least in your eyes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join