It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GULF OIL SPILL PART II - New 100 Mile Oil Slick Not Far From The Deepwater Horizon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
Thanks BP, that oil dispersant really worked, keep up the good work.

That's what I was thinking. It can't stay down there on the bottom forever. Can it?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It seems that reports are coming in that it is "oil".......

I do find it very odd that very little coverage can be found concerning this potential spill...

Spill reported off Grand Isle confirmed to be oil

Grand Isle Fire Chief Aubrey Chiasson confirmed this morning that the substance is oil, but officials have not determined where it came from. It is not believed to be oil left over from last year’s spill that may have been trapped in a marsh or other area,” Chiasson said.

www.dailycomet.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Although we have a report from the fire chief in Grand Isle saying that its "oil" ....The Coast Guard is now saying that its sediment from the Mississippi River......

Time shall tell..........

The sheen is believed caused by “a tremendous amount of sediment being carried down the Mississippi River due to high water,” some of it related to recent heavy rains in the Midwest and “possibly further agitated by dredging operations,” Coast Guard officials said. Reports of a sheen in Timbalier Bay, near Grand Isle, Fourchon Beach and Elmer's Island, are also being investigated and some areas have been boomed off.

www.dailycomet.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Sediment, wow. Thats reaching for it.
There would be one way to tell for sure, test it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I thought that the Coast Guard reported this as 30 miles offshore??? How is this "sediment"?????

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well you know trying to find a labratory for testing has its challenges.............

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I have heard about it...
yeah.

Your the one who has lived it firsthand, I applaud you, and Pax.

Adding unsult to injury when they say its sediment.

I am not buying that!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Situation Update No. 1 On 20.03.2011 at 20:07 GMT+2 An oil slick measuring 12 miles wide and 100 miles long has been spotted in the Gulf of Mexico and is suspected to be from a new major leak at the Matterhorn Seastar oil rig just 20 miles from the Deepwater Horizon oil rig. Pilots from several independent organization are monitoring the slick and report it is spreading fast. Fishermen in Louisiana are reporting fresh oil slicks washing up on shore. Boom has been placed by cleanup crews to catch the spill. The Matterhorn field produces 5200 barrels of oil a day and was discovered in 1999. The well sits in 2789 feet of water and has been in production since 2003. It is 30 miles SE of the Mississippi River delta.

RSOE

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Argen

Your suppose to be focusing on Libya ......What gives

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Source of 30-mile oil spill in Gulf puzzles officials

Emulsified oil, oil mousse and tar balls from an unknown source were washing up on beaches from Grand Isle to West Timbalier Island along the Gulf of Mexico, a stretch of about 30 miles, and it was still heading west Monday afternoon, a Louisiana official said. The state is testing the material to see if it matches oil from last April's BP Deepwater Horizon disaster.

Oil spill response workers under the direction of the U.S. Coast Guard and state officials were scrambling to block more of the material from coming ashore. ES&H Corp. has been hired to oversee the cleanup.

www.nola.com...

Interesting

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
better take care of this problem quick

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Good ole Mississippi Mud.............Right!!

Fresh Oil Continues to Wash Ashore in the Bayou

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mike Roberts of the Louisiana Bayoukeepers was with a group that went up in the air on Saturday and then out on a boat on Barataria Bay Sunday. “It looked like a huge amount of oil in the Gulf,” Roberts said. “They could smell it from the airplane and I could smell it from the boat. This wasn’t just Mississippi River mud.”

This is how his wife Tracy Kuhns, who went on the flyover on Saturday describes it in her Bayoukeeper blog post today:

We turned to the southwest, heading toward the reported oil sighting south of Grand Isle, LA. Almost immediately we began seeing, what appeared to be, large areas of oil just below the surface along with streaks of multicolored “sheen” on the surface. The smell of petroleum was thick in the air. We flew southwest, to approximately 40 miles south of Grand Isle and followed the “plumes” and “sheen” north all the way in to Grand Terre Island and Grand Isle. The “sheen” appeared to be flowing into Barataria Bay through Four Bayou Pass and Grand Isle Pass. We saw only a few birds, one large, dead Red Fish and only three dolphins during the entire fly over.

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oil Washing Up on Shores Came From Gulf

No S**T!! After several days and first reports by the Coast Guard stating that this is nothing more than Mississippi sediment, “they” speak the truth…..Only because of the publics awareness from those living along the Gulf……….Its too bad the rest of the US isn’t paying any attention to this…….

I personally feel this is a very dire warning of something even greater to come……..This spill is coming up from the Sea Floor……..

MORGAN CITY, La.—The oil that has washed onto nearby beaches in recent days is Louisiana sweet crude, which rules out refineries or tankers carrying foreign oil as culprits but leaves the spill's precise origins very much a mystery, U.S. officials said Tuesday.

"This is definitely crude from the Gulf of Mexico," said Capt. Jonathan Burton, who is based here and heads the U.S. Coast Guard's response to the spill.

online.wsj.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Wow, so they admit its oil (yeah funny that oil has that certain smell).

Oh no, I hope they dont start spraying COREXIT again!

This is unreal...a nightmare that wont go away

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Lets not forget the Ultimate UN Goal..........

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Oh, thanks for reminding me. If I am not seeing red already!

Sometimes I see FEMA divisions also, instead of the 50 States.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Its too bad that even most ATS members have lost interest in the Gulf……..But I will promise you it will affect you sooner or later……..If its not the synthetic DNA changing microbes, it will be the great cancer causing seafood that will get so many of those who live their lives with “blinkers-on” and that would be the full cup version………..

New sightings of apparent oil near Chandeleur islands reported from flyover

Coast Guard Petty Officer Steve Leeman said the Coast Guard had received no reports of oil-like material east of the river, but a group of environmentalists, engineers and scientists flew over Chandeleur Sound on Monday and Tuesday, and shared photographs and detailed descriptions with The Times-Picayune showing black, streaky plumes over a 20-mile stretch from just east of Quarantine Bay to just west of the shoal remains of Curlew Island.

www.nola.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Is it or is it NOT?? Simple testing will tell you if its "BP" oil.............Oh
I almost forgot thats contolled too..

Gulf sheen could be BP spill remnants

But Coast Guard officials confirmed Tuesday that they have not ruled out the possibility that it is from BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill, which crippled some businesses on Louisiana's coast for months and from whose effects residents are still recovering.

www.dailycomet.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
All these new reports of oil make me wonder if this is the reason DD3 just left the
area. DD3 and MANY other ships have been at MC 252 since they supposedly capped the well.
If there was no problem, why have they been there ALL this time? Especially 2 driller ships with
$$$$$ per day each ship & not needed for monitoring, could use a cheaper vessel.
So I'm thinking they left because they were worried about the media attention on the new oil that has
surfaced being so close to their location (which most are not aware of) that some one may notice
and start questioning.

Wonder if there's any testing of water, food, & etc on the east coast all the way north? So
bummed I couldn't have Sushi on my Birthday!

Ektar

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Consider this a bump, I suppose, since I don't really have a whole lot to add to this. I mean, basically I've been utterly speechless with everything that's going on in the world let alone this. I can't believe it hasn't been on any news that I've seen...this is sad, and the majority of people are completely oblivious...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join