It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano eruption in Japan! Shinmoedake -Confirmed indian MSM - march 13, 2011 http://www.abovetopsec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Man...how much more could a nation be expected to handle
Must keep Japan in our prayers guys...each and every day. Cannot remember how bad I have ever felt for another nation like I feel for Japan right now.

Extracted from the Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report:

KIRISHIMA Kyushu 31.931°N, 130.864°E; summit elev. 1700 m

Based on notifications from JMA and pilot observations, the Tokyo VAAC reported that an eruption from Kirishima's Shinmoe-dake (Shinmoe peak) on 13 March produced ash plumes that rose to altitudes of 5.5-6.1 km (18,000-20,000 ft) a.s.l. Some plumes drifted E. According to news sources, people within 1.6 km evacuated and windows more than 6 km away shattered.

Geologic Summary. Kirishima is a large group of more than 20 Quaternary volcanoes located north of Kagoshima Bay. The late-Pleistocene to Holocene volcano group consists of stratovolcanoes, pyroclastic cones, maars, and underlying shield volcanoes located over an area of 20 x 30 km. The larger stratovolcanoes are scattered throughout the field, with the centrally located, 1,700-m-high Karakuni-dake being the highest. Onami-ike and Mi-ike, the two largest maars, are located SW of Karakuni-dake and at its far eastern end, respectively. Holocene eruptions have been concentrated along an E-W line of vents from Mi-ike to Ohachi, and at Shinmoe-dake to the NE. Frequent small-to-moderate explosive eruptions have been recorded since the 8th century.

Map

Sources: Tokyo Volcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC), Daily Mail

Kirishima Information from the Global Volcanism Program

Link to Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report:

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:sk3LsIsXJ_8J:www.volcano.si.edu/reports/usgs/+times+now+shinmoe+dake&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&so urce=www.google.com

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Posted more times than a leaflet drop in North Korea but nice to see again

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Looks fake to me. :<
But I am an idiot so...
edit on 19-3-2011 by kromaion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
do you have a link for a news report about this, not a youtube link? i've looked for news sources myself but cannot see anything posted yet

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They should just leave and let the place burn to a crisp.
Emotions of the heart are heavier in the womb.
edit on 19-3-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaia.chi.au
do you have a link for a news report about this, not a youtube link? i've looked for news sources myself but cannot see anything posted yet

Look at the bottom of my post I placed a link to the Smithsonian Weekly Geology report. Scroll down about 3 entries or so and you will find the info (that I included in the OP in quotes) documenting the event. Sorry didn't do a search on any other sources (and apparently should have searched ATS also....my bad guys I recall that this story HAD been posted up here originally but ultimately fell under scrutiny as in many said it was bunk and didn't happen and seeing that this video just popped up in my subscriptions WITH a link to the Smithsonian documenting it....I took that as all the confirmation I needed).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Cool NT confirmation is always good.

You may want to check your link though.

I really do think that this is one to watch as any volcano in a high activity area that starts spewing again has to be linked.

Well worth monitoring IMO.

S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Is the the erruption that happened after the tusnami, or a second one, just today. Because, I've been searching for a shift in the force. I feel so tense right now. Something is so wrong, I can't peg it, been searching for something current.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500

Cool NT confirmation is always good.

You may want to check your link though.

I really do think that this is one to watch as any volcano in a high activity area that starts spewing again has to be linked.

Well worth monitoring IMO.

S&F

Right on thanks and yea I totally agree. I guess with me I appreciate that we have members on here that do their best to get the news....the REAL news out the quickest they can as I think we all are pretty much in agreement that the mainstream doesn't have our best interests at heart

So I guess this was my attempt. As long as all is informed as best the can be is all good with me then.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Kirishima has been going at it for MONTHS!

Eruptions continue at Kirishima volcano, Japan. Since the eruption began in January, an estimated 80 million tons of ash have fallen over a wide area. There have been nine large explosions at Shinmoedake. A lava dome has formed in the crater and poses a risk of pyroclastic flows. The lava dome is 600 meters in diameter and 110 meters high. The eruptions are the largest in Japan since 2004 when December 2004, when Miyakejima volcano erupted south of Tokyo.

John Seach

Perhaps the OP would like to add the latest info on to the Volcano Watch Thread 2011
Also your link doesn't work.
edit on 19-3-2011 by zenius because: add

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Maybe Edgar Cayce was right and Japan will go into the sea. I hope that doesn't happen, but things just keep getting worser and worser in Japan.

edit on 19-3-2011 by liveyourlife because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

i saw that but i want a link to a news source such as Reuters or Japan's national news service for confirmation

new topics

top topics

join