It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya Operation Names and What They Mean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So, the US, France, and UK have codenames for their operations in Libya. Looking at them, I’m thinking there might be some further actions than just Libya. Even CNN is calling it "Target: Libya", as if its only the first step in a bigger operation.

Let’s start with the US: Operation Odyssey Dawn. Pretty straightforward. An odyssey is “a long series of wanderings or adventures” and dawn is “the beginning or rise of anything” (dictionary.com). So, we’re just getting started on a long adventure in Africa.

But, where are we going after we get Crazy Qadaffi out of power? Let’s ask France. France’s contribution is Operation Harmattan. According to Wikipedia, “The Harmattan is a dry and dusty West African trade wind. It blows south from the Sahara into the Gulf of Guinea.”

So, we have our starting point, the Sahara. Which is, conveniently enough, where Libya is located, more or less. But where, you may ask, is the Gulf of Guinea? Well, it happens to be south of the Sahara, forming part of the West African coast.

Now, on the north part of this gulf, there is a little country you might have heard of called the Ivory Coast. Not too long ago, this nation was getting quite a bit of attention from the MSM and the UN:

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.npr.org...

So, looks like "President" Gbagbo is the next to go.

Finally, the UK, and Operation Ellamy. It took a bit more research to find the final dictator to be overthrown on this odyssey, but, I did find it:

www.johnlsayers.com...

So, whaddya think?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
what would be the goal/ objective of all this?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So, the Americans, Brits and French are going to first invade Libya, then Ivory Coast, and finally.....a recording studio in Auckland? For what I assume to be the recording of their song of victory then?
edit on 3/20/2011 by Nyiah because: Typo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
is it just me or does anyone else find it bollocks that they name these atrocities?
edit on 20-3-2011 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

top topics

join