It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

We know about all the things in the News about this, still again what we are talking about is multipule poles forming in the eastern United States, also they have formed in other areas as South Africa and the magnetic pole that formed there is flipped. Now I can absolutely asure you this will not be in the MSM for sometime. What Mad Dog discovered by posting this thread is that there appears to be a North Magnetic pole forming over the Eastern Part of the US. That is what this entire thread is about and what we are investigating. Nothing else and not investigating True North or how to use a Compass. In others words the Media is not telling us the truth that this Magnetic Pole moverment is moving a whole lot faster and multipable magnetic poles are forming in different areas. The News has said this Pole is moving, but it is also 'flipping' they haven't told us that yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For the record, my compass has settled back to "where it should be" for my location. Showing magnetic north 10 degrees from true north.

Glad to see a few people are still interested in this topic, even though many have tried to drive the thread in to the ground.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Mine has gone back toward North about 4 degrees. This could be a good sign or not. Like the Pole that formed over South Africa was a South Magnetic Pole it has flipped to a North Magnetic Pole form what I have found out. It didn't cause any dire consequinces so that is a good thing to know.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by primus2012

The whole reason a compass has a "magnet" in it is so it will point to the Magnetic Pole, Your compass does not show True North because the North Pole is not Magnetic at all. What we are doing is trying to find how far off Magnetic North is your compass, Magnetic North is a long way from even being close to the North Pole. Like Magnetic North for me is now Magnetic Northeast.

Not arguing the possible change in magnetic North (where your compass points to). The direction North has not changed. If you used the stars and sun to navigate, you'll find your way there. The pole has not shifted.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Sorry, but you are just wrong in this post. I know you think everyone knows what you know in this thread, but if you look at my actual posts and who they have been directed to, in every single case, it has been to

someone clearly stating that they think this compass thing is flat-out not happening,

which I correct, or that it was discovered here and has not been noticed by the media, which I also help with. Indeed, some of them have directly asked me to link them to the information and said they didn't have it. So please stop lecturing me when you obviously haven't paid attention to see that your claim that "everyone knows" and is now just discussing other options is blatantly, completely false. A lot of people have not known and have said so in as many words.

And I have

frequently said

that discussing the other options to the official story is great and fine and wonderful and I have zero problem with it.

Do you understand this now? Do you understand that you can now stop telling me that you're just discussing other options, because I know that and think it's great? Do you understand that I have been supplying information to people who asked directly for it and said they didn't have it, thus leaving absolutely zero room for doubt that they did not have it?
edit on 3-4-2011 by sepermeru because: crazy

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

Thank you for that confirming the info about the sun. That is something I have suspected.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

My foot is all the way in my mouth, I replied to the wrong thread, thought I was on another Page. So Sorry. All I am going to do on here from now on is just post my findings and any info. I know everyone will be glad of that and I am sorry. There were so many trying to derail this thread, well they didn't succeed so I quit going on. Please Forgive.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Wow, such passion you convey
Look,. My compass hasnt moved,.(nor has the needle)
while you say this has been an issue,. I simply disagree.
My neighbor is a Commercial pilot,.I have asked him if they noticed any change in their
programs or needs for adjustments due to this potential shift in the poles,.
His answer was Huh? no nothing has changed or been adjusted,. what are you speaking of.
So Im kinda not buying this pole shift thing,. sorry

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Just looked at my compass and it is doing the giggle again with out anything around it to cause that ? It is still about 4 degrees before NE. Southwest AR

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately my ISP has been off for two days; else I would post earlier and asked others to check.

On Wednesday in the evening I was working on some drawings when I noticed my desk compass going off normal. For about three hours from about 21h00 till midnight the compass was off normal magnetic North by about 14 degrees to West. Sometimes it literally seems to be 'jumpy'. It really looked like another magnet coming closer to compass. Yesterday morning all was back to normal.

This morning at last my internet connected again. I noticed a kind of strange magnetic disturbance in near earth magnetic fields on IMSAL. See Blue data, 3rd graph 6-7 April; however this magnetic instability was not connected to any prior solar event. Kind of strange.

Just more weight to the POSSIBILITY our magnetic compasses are affected by Magnetic Solar events - or other similar events of unknown origin causing disturbance in magnetosphere.

www.lmsal.com...

Though I believe we are in a magnetic polar reversal, this will be a very long process of few decades at least.
Even when completed the Polaris and Southern Cross would still be in same position. The earth is not going to turn head over heels; just the magnetic orientation in the molten core will change. BTW that could also be due to a solar / earth relationship since our solar system is now moving through the galactic plane.

We do have a weakening of Earth's magnetic polarity!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

Just looked at my compass and it is doing the giggle again with out anything around it to cause that ? It is still about 4 degrees before NE. Southwest AR

It sounds like in your area there is a temporary dipole where there can sometimes be no for sure polarity, This can happen and can be temporary but it can also be a sign if we start to see many of these and can verify that that is what they are for sure. Sometimes these dipoles come and go as the poles wander and even as the magnetosphere gets blasted causing something like a entanglement of the polarity in certain locations.

Im wondering if some of these dipoles are occurring close to the 0 declination line similar to yours is.

I believe that the man that built coral castle know of one of these places. Its said that once he had to move his entire building/castle 10 miles away from where he started it and he mentioned something in one of his books about the magnetic field changing. He has a book on magnets and its very interesting because the earth is like a big magnet.

Im still learning about alot of this and going on memory of things I have read so forgive is something I said is not totally right.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This thread is now a few weeks old as of this post. We've seen many people report strange compass readings. We've seen many people report normal compass readings. We have experienced many ATSers come together to share theory after theory. We have also had our share of textual bologna. But above all else, I believe that this thread has helped raise a new type of awareness here at ATS. The awareness that our planet has many odd cycles and that she is surely a mystical, curious and ever-changing sphere of life on the grandest scale.

It's pretty clear that not every "conspiracy" that we discuss, is man-made or political. Our Earth generates many "conspiracies" of her own.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I wonder if Coral Castle could also hold a secret to a free energy source. The Bullet Train in Japan runs on magnets. The train goes so fast it is leivating. This knowledge on a small scale might be something we could all create easily. He did it on a small scale. But like you said he moved maybe it does have something to do with using the Magnetic Field. What was the name of his book.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Great statement there and I will behave promise. Has there been an update on the map?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

www.scribd.com...

I think you will enjoy it!

I remember researching coral castle and looking at a time laspe on wiki showing how the zero declination line has moved over many years. Scroll all the way down on this next link and you can watch what Im talking about. I wish I had a pause button on that so I could pause it to look at the declination line during the years Ed was building. I feel that there is something to his time/location of building and the zero declination.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-4-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I use to live in Coral Gables and drove buy it all the time, but never stopped, I sure wish I had. Thank you for the link, I will be up all nite reading but that is great fun.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I would now like to report a compass movement of 3mins off north to the east.
My compass has been in a fixed location since i registered here.I check it quite a bit and in the past have recorded no movement amongst the threads here.
I will check again later tonight.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Mad Dog, The thread about "Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas" I sent Susan Frey the link to this site and she set up a video camera to tape a plum line and Compass. Here is one of her videos and her military looking campass is not North but Northeast just like mine. Here is one of her videos.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Checked my compass again tonight,still same reading of 3mins off north to the east.
Will check again tomorrow and report.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
This thread is now a few weeks old as of this post. We've seen many people report strange compass readings. We've seen many people report normal compass readings. We have experienced many ATSers come together to share theory after theory. We have also had our share of textual bologna. But above all else, I believe that this thread has helped raise a new type of awareness here at ATS. The awareness that our planet has many odd cycles and that she is surely a mystical, curious and ever-changing sphere of life on the grandest scale.

It's pretty clear that not every "conspiracy" that we discuss, is man-made or political. Our Earth generates many "conspiracies" of her own.

I would also point out the obvious flip side of the coin though, that mankind can now mimick nature in virtually all areas, so every day it becomes harder and harder to determine what is caused by nature and what is caused by 'nurture', hence the notion of stealth technology. Too, it should now be apparent that mankind can affect magnetic fields, the question becomes rather IS it happening and to what degree.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78 >>

join