It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Seems to me, that this would be a good method to at least try to anticipate quakes. And so very cheap to utilize. But then again, greed always seems to get in the way of things like this.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

I was just looking at your maps, and Question?? is there a magnetic anomoly causing the Earthquakes, or the other way around. I hope someone knows a good scientist that would look at this. I know Barry Warmkessel, but he just looks for exoplanets. I am so glad this thread was made, I think we are really on to something here.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

This link explains how the north pole has been moving east.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

The more I thought about all this and the more the two, 600 miles apart compasses acted the same...I said to myself "This is ATS worthy".

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm in central Arkansas and just pulled my cheapo compass out and it's correctly pointing straight north

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
it just came to my mind that we are shoothing missiles at libya, therefore this may be some sort of attemp to jam up the guidence systems of our missiles on libyas part

link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I found to many links to post so here is a link to the search results www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

link   
reply to post by arrus75

I think it is more like the articile I posted earlier was saying, many poles can show up in different areas. That is suppose to even be worse than just North and South changing. 2 or 3 North South magnetic poles in different areas. I wonder whay the compasses are reading in Japan????

link   
reply to post by Prowler33

What the link doesn't explain though....is how most of the compass readings east of the Mississippi river, are reading so false. While others west aren't off or aren't AS off.
Of course, more false readings from other countries would turn that on its head.

link   
nice find. I'm in Huntsville, AL where we had a 2.8 EQ this morning. After reading this thread, I went to check my compass I've had out for several months with no much change from true north. Mine is also showing North being East (there was another from AL earlier in the thread)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ok...so like I said earlier, I created a map based on the posts up to and including page 6 (but I can't figure out how to post an image directly to a thread) .....and it appears, that magnetic north is where is should be ...but there is a strong magnetic pull a few hundred miles off the coast of South Carolina that is interfering with compasses...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75
Ok...so like I said earlier, I created a map based on the posts up to and including page 6 (but I can't figure out how to post an image directly to a thread) .....and it appears, that magnetic north is where is should be ...but there is a strong magnetic pull a few hundred miles off the coast of South Carolina that is interfering with compasses...

To post an image directly to ATS, upload it in your Tools section, then grab the proper posting code, paste it in your reply after clicking the IMAGE button above..

As far as the "pull" you mentioned near SC, can you post a source or something for more information?
edit on 3/20/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arrus75

Oooooh, very intersting. I have no idea how to post images in posts either. Hopefully one of the more experienced ATS'ers can help you out. I would love to see it.

Ok wait, now I am really confused. If there is a "strong magnetic pull" off the coast of SC would that mean that my compass would be off much further since I am closer and lesser of a degree difference the more north you go since they are further away?
edit on 20-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

No source per se...just what seems to be the case based on past posts to this thread...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is through page 7

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I think you hit on a New Theory about the quakes. We need to get exact readings of everyone that sent in about their compasses. Mine, 45 miles South of Little Rock Arkansas is exactly North East. Not North or East but in the exact middle. It would definitely answer even more the animal chages around here. No animals or bird since the quakes started back in Oct. 2010. We feed all of them year round so they are usually everywhere, it use to be nothing to see 5- 7 deer in the yard eating everyday. I am about 85-90 miles from the quake zone and really have been wondering what is going on in my area. Great Thread. I wonder if anyone on here or somewhere that is a Scientist to look at what we have discovered or do they all ready know.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
According to all current posted readings, along with maps nicely provided by a few members...I also checked the USGS earthquake reports for the past 72 hours.

What I've concluded at this point.....

The false readings reported in the Eastern US DO seem to follow the New Madrid Fault System. Which would explain the "less false" readings in the western half of the US. However, a couple false readings from our friends in Europe makes this a global phenomena. Confirmation of this being global, will be easily assessed once we get more true/false readings from outside the US.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Down here in South Central Texas my compass is about two points off. It appears my North is closer to where N.W. usually is. I have been reading this thread for about 45 mins and got the compass out and set it here beside me, on a table, military grade type and it's bobbling, very slightly. I know my house isn't moving, it's on a slab of concrete. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Okay....whoa THIS IS A TRIP!! My wife just got a new cell phone (Droid X) and it came equipped with a compass. She downloaded cool app that points out the stars as they appear in the viewfinder as you aim the phone up to the sky....anyways I was driving as she was screwing around with it holding it outside the passenger window checking the stars and then she goes..."Hey babe....where is North from here?" (in a very puzzled sound as she knew the answer but wanted to confirm with me) so I got my bearings with the road we were traveling down and said "Well this road parallels the I-10 freeway and that runs East/West so that must be North yada yada"

Well....her compass showed North in the EAST DIRECTION!! AND NOW WE SEE THIS POST?!?!

Guys I S#@T YOU NOT MY STATEMENT IS TRUE HERE!! NOW this has us freaked out that we saw this thread. I mean I ended up concluding last night that "Oh...well it must be off somehow, the phone is new maybe the compass needs recalibrating or something" but now it looks like we might have our answer

Location this happened: Tucson, AZ

Please somebody debunk this with a good scientific explanation

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Compass is perfect here in Wisconsin....On a side note, I had to find it in my car's glove box, so I spent 30 mins cleaning that out to get to the compass. So thanks?
edit on 20-3-2011 by intelinside451 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join