It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Video: New Madrid Fault Line and Pole Shift

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Do you advertise yourself as a scientist?

edit on 3/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No not at all. Just know a little about a lot of things, and not a lot about one thing. I guess you and I are the only ones still awake. The reason I am so interested in the New Madrid is not only because I live close, but one of my 7 asteroids caused it. In 2006 archaeologist dug down into the fault and discovered it was created in 2350 BC. Now when you go back that far 5+/5- either way is on the money. I don't know if you have ever heard of Dr Barry Warmkessel, but he did a great deal to help me with the book. Now he has the degrees to back him up, and he also got me intouch with a Dr. de Jonge, in Neatherlands that come up with the same date. I am just an obsessive reasearcher. Everytime I think I know something all I have are 100 more questions. You are very knowledgeable and on ATS I read all of your post if I am on that thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Thank you. And that's my point. You don't call yourself a scientist. I don't call myself a scientist. Sereda calls himself a scientist. That should tell you something about the man.

edit on 3/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

David Sereda is not a scientist.

Does a piece of paper make you a scientist ??
How many pieces of paper do you have Phage??

Personally I find the concept of needing a piece of paper to prove your worth or intelligence repugnant..
How do you feel about that ?

Edit:Show me any definition of a scientist that DEMANDS the need for a piece of paper..

Definitions of scientist on the Web:
* a person with advanced knowledge of one or more sciences

www.google.com.au...:scientist&sa=X&ei=RRGLTf2AH8H3rQeRkvzBDg&ved=0CBUQkAE
edit on 24-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Yup, the droids app is making me mad, So if I got lost I wouldnt beable to get back

Its confusing me bad. Im gunna quit looking at it

I wouldn't count on the Droid app to save your life. it uses the GPS.

The GPS in my 1st Gen Moto Droid has been off for a while now. My google maps NEVER knows where im at, its always way off.

It makes it impossible to "check into" places with my Facebook app also.

Rebooting the phone, allows the GPS to get a fix on you, but later on in the day the GPS will have your location wrong again.

I can't wait till april 21st, Im using my upgrade and getting the Verizon Iphone, Im done with droid.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The problem with trying to ascertain whether something has been caused by "natural means" vs manmade means is made extremely difficult simply for the reason mankind has the ability now to virtually replicate everything that nature does. That's obviously the idea behind stealth weapons systems, how can one really know for sure if they have been used in any given situation unless one is an insider. Plausible deniability allows their use to be cloaked in 'god did it' explanations when in fact it could have just as easily been man as often mankind has both the motive and the means.

Too, it seems so easy to fool so many naive trusting people, just trot out somebody with a few pieces of paper hanging on their wall and wearing a white coat and watch the herd get in line to be instructed. This is an extremely dangerous mindset IMO, it allows the herd to be so easily manipulated, just put someone who looks the part on the payroll of any big company or entity as an official spokesperson and you can sell the masses just about anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Just curious if that book was titled "Epoch Revelations"?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I wonder has anyone considered that with the proliferation of cellphone towers, cellphones by the many millions, wireless routers, and so on, this may be starting to "throw off" readings by magnetic compasses.

I'd suggest testing a magnetic compass in a region with very low RF generation such as deep in the Amazon basin, Siberia well north of the Trans-Siberian Railroad, and the Great Australian Bight to see if there has been changes in the stability of these compasses.

I'm serious about this. We know that weather station reports have gone WAY off in the last 70 years because the increasing urbanization around the weather station means they suffer from the "heat island effect" of incorrect readings. Weather stations that have always been located in very remote areas have never really changed that much in temperature even with records going back over 130 years....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by soficrow

It's his son "Dr." Nick Begich Jr.
The con-man who wrote Angels Don't Play This Haarp. He was the only one who spoke to the EU committee about HAARP. Look it up. You have the source.

Ah. One of your competitors.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
news.discovery.com...

this was written before this thread.........like i said this confirms that everyone who flagged this did not even look into news articles before thinking that this was an amazing occurrence happening right now.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
news.discovery.com...

this was written before this thread.........like i said this confirms that everyone who flagged this did not even look into news articles before thinking that this was an amazing occurrence happening right now.

From your link:

That means your compass is pointing about 40 miles closer to Russia than it did a year ago. About every five to 10 years, the shift in the planet's magnetic pole builds up to the point where compass alignments and the direction of true north render some runway designations obsolete. The shift impacts some runways more than others, depending on which direction they face and when they were last numbered.

Gotta love the denial-PR though.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Something has been published elsewhere in the past, so we can't talk about it or theorize on it here on ATS. What an awesome concept! I'm a little saddened that I didn't think of that first. Isn't that the whole concept behind ATS? That we as a people, theorize on popular beliefs and filter the ignorance out of it? But since you've only been active on ATS for a little over a month, you're forgiven.

Ok, so to stay on topic, today my compass is reading just sightly closer to where north "should" be, than it was 2 days ago, by about 2 degrees closer than my last post. But still, off to the east northeast.

edit on 3/24/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here is a news video I found, you all should watch.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes. Declination changes over time. Look at a map and it will till you how much for any given location. In California it changes at a rate of 5'/year, so in 12 years it changes 1º. Not quite what is being discussed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ive been on ATS for about 3 years now. However I just became a member today. Having trouble posting a video. I'm going to try to give you a link that you can click on now. Because I Dont know how to give a video, lol. But the video is about a airport in Florida who has a runway that was built to point due north. However, just recently pilots are having trouble with there compasses the compass has them going north to what we know is east. Very good video. www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It has been in the news for a long time that the magnetic pole is moving, and that has been taken into account. What is unusual and has not been in the news, is that a large numbe in the eastern part of the US are getting readings way off even after allowing for the change in the poles. My compass in Oct. was off about 3 degrees. Now it is off to the point that North is now Northeast, that is way unusual. What does your compass say where you are?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
***The thread reminds me of the New Zealand is not where it should be thread***

I have just checked my compass at various altitudes AWAY from computer speakers headsets and cell phones. All is well and everything is just where it is supposed to be. I also checked with a headset TV and stereo system in the room and my readings were slightly off. Conclusion is there are no problems with the compass, magnetic north etc..

I am also going to flat out say that people need to watch videos on how to use a compass as well as what interferes with their readings..

ie. A headset, microphone, stereo speakers...and you guessed it, Magnets.

edit on 24-3-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Greetings:

S&F! Great post!

What if earthquake lights are the visible effects of magnetic anomalies and/or HAARP preceding earthquakes? Perhaps, with your reach and knowledge of the subject at hand, you would be so good as to respond to this potentially significant project we have just initiated.

From what we know at this time, it appears that many of the earthquake lights appear about 30 minutes before a major earthquake. With enough data, it might be possible to postulate the birth of some sort of "early warning system," based on real-time data from enough respondents over a broad area - or pinpointed in places like Yellowstone, New Madrid, SoCal, Alaska, etc.

As a first responder and having lived in SoCal for 40 years, I can tell you that a 30-minute lead time on a quake could save thousands of lives.

How about assisting in this project which will correlate earthquake lights, strange sounds and rumblings - before, during, after - and earthquakes. The information collected could possibly lead to some sort of earthquake prediction system here within ATS if the data can be analyzed for some sort of predictive pattern. The idea is to collect the correct data from the start - and as soon as possible IMHO.

I, personally, would welcome any advice/help/suggestions/interested parties to make this idea better and a reality sooner.

It might be interesting to see if any of these sounds have "Earthquake Lights" associated with them before/during/after the sounds and an earthquake? Or were there sounds/lights and the EQ hasn't happened as yet - we really do not have enough data to make an informed decision as to the amount of time between events...?

Please help to spread the word to as many people as possible to quickly build the database as this information and map may prove to be quite timely - especially to people in the Yellowstone/New Madrid/West Coast/Alaska areas.

Earthquake Lights Map Live Update

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

American Red Cross

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join