It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't think such anomalies tend to appear out of nowhere with enough strength to deviate compasses by 50 or 60 degrees.

Probably a little off topic but isn't that what some say happens in places like the Bermuda Triangle?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lately, I have been noticing my cows are no longer facing due north as they have in the past.

They seem to be taking a more nor'easterly attitude these days.

Has anyone else noticed this with their cows as well?

Now I reckon, things haven't been the same with the the herd since my number one milker Dolly up and swallowed my best compass a ways back after I done gone and dropped it in the hay.

Tarnation!

And don't go telling me I don't know how to read a cow facing north. When we put up the barn, I had the milking stools set with the double notched leg facing straight up the Big Dipper and right on out to Polaris.

Take a gander at my cows yarnselves iffen you don't believe me.

Ok - just a bit of semi-pertinent humour to lighten up this thread. Some of youse guys are getting so tense!

And I am aware, by the way, "Cattle Align North" was posted on ATS back in 2008.

Cattle Shown to Align North/South

And in 2011...

Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Superstorms

...To name just two.

Animals, in their generation, are wiser than the sons of men; but their wisdom is confined to a few particulars, and lies in a very narrow compass. Joseph Addison

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skylonda

And very pertinent information to boot! What with all those whale beachings and birds flying into buildings and whatnot. Seems to explain a lot.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

So you don't know. It depends on what electrical properties and the manipulations being done. That's why I asked.

Since the "authority" who advised the EU committee was con-man Nick Begich I don't really put much stock in the statement.
edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Video Dated February, 4, 2011 You really need to watch this we are not alone in our findings.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Phage

You are claiming that HAARP "manipulates the electrical properties of the atmosphere".

Erm. No. It's the European Parliament making that claim. Just click on those little linkie thingies in my post for the full document.

And again:

Can YOU explain how to "manipulate the electrical characteristics of the atmosphere" without impacting the magnetic field?

I am not interested in your sophomoric games. I gave you my references and links. Ignore them or spin on them - I don't care.

Since the "authority" who advised the EU committee was con-man Nick Begich I don't really put much stock in the statement.

You do know that Nick Begich "disappeared" in 1972? But the document from the European Parliament dates from 1999? Right?

Nicholas Joseph "Nick" Begich, Sr. (April 6, 1932 – undetermined, presumed dead October 16, 1972) was a Democratic Party member of the United States House of Representatives from Alaska. He disappeared in a plane crash in Alaska in 1972. His son Mark Begich is currently the junior U.S. Senator from Alaska.

edit on 23/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The problem with trying to nail down potential uses and effects of systems like HAARP is that one is attempting to uncover things that are experimental in scope and cloaked in secrecy. There are fortunately many people who are very concerned about the uses of such things though and their effects and one book people might add to their reading list is titled "Planet Earth The Latest Weapon of War" by Rosalie Bertell. After reading quotes one might well get the idea that an effect on the earths magnetic field and by extension on peoples compasses plausibly is childs play in comparison to the potential effects of what is out there. Much is anecdotal and it will be hard to prove but I think it's well worth a look and a start to forming the right questions.

www.bariumblues.com...

some random quotes:

ALL THINGS ARE CONNECTED

----- She exposes how the military have, for decades, been secretly conducting experiments, including high-level nuclear explosions, which may disrupt the vital layers of the atmosphere which protect us from the sun's lethal radiation. She says these experiments are often conducted without even discussing with non-military experts the hazards of damaging these life-preserving earth-veils. And she believes that such experiments may already have accelerated global warming and contributed to earthquakes and freak weather conditions.
Radiation belt
----- In July 1962 NASA announced that high altitude nuclear tests had created a new radiation belt 750 miles deep, girdling the earth. This damage and pollution was compounded by 'me too' experiments by the USSR. Dr Bertell says it was 10 years before American scientists realised that it would be hundreds of years before the vital earth-shielding Van Allen belts of the earth's atmosphere would recover from such onslaughts.
----- However, the repercussions may not be limited to the atmosphere itself. She says that, after one nuclear experiment, which created new electromagnetic belts in the atmosphere, the caribou mysteriously failed to migrate for the first time in 3000 years. A warning perhaps of how the migration of animals, fish and birds may be affected by disturbances to electromagnetic fields - and of the potential impact on man. For, without the caribou, many Inuit people starved to death. Moreover, the nuclear radiation was not confined to the upper atmosphere: caribou and people who survived were dangerously contaminated with caesium 137, and cancer, lung disease and infant mortality soared.
----- Despite opposition from the International Union of Astronomers, the US military even put 350,000,000 copper needles into orbit. An experiment which Dr Bertell says some scientist believed may have upset the balance of the planetary magnetic field, causing the massive 8.5 Alaskan earthquake and losing Chile part of its coast. Yet she shows that such experiments are small beer compared with what is being done today - and is to come.
HAARP - Ionosphere modification
----- For example, she describes HAARP (America's High-frequency Active Auroral Research Programme) a multimillion pound 'civilian' installation, hidden away in Alaska, ostensibly intended to 'alter the performance of communications and surveillance systems'. Seemingly innocent enough, until she explains that this grid of 180 transmission towers is funded by the military and is part of the 'Star Wars' defence network. HAARP, and its linked brother projects are, she says, known to the military as 'ionosphere modification facilities'. For, according to the proposal for its installation, HAARP is intended to trigger and control natural processes in the ionosphere in ways 'that could be potentially exploited for department of Defence Purposes'. In other words the ionosphere, which shelters the earth, will be used as the barrel of the gun.
-----Dr Bertell suggests that so great is the power of such transmitters that even living near them could be dangerous. She quotes a US federal Environmental Impact statement which says that HAARP can 'raise the internal body temperature of nearby people …(and) detonate aerial munitions, scramble aircraft communications and flight controls'. Even slight increases in body temperature can alter functioning of brain and body and, as she points out, even a small rise in electromagnetic radiation may cause an increase in cataracts and leukaemia and alter brain and body chemistry, blood pressure and heart rates. But such direct harm is the mere tip of the iceberg.
----- In one type of experiment these transmission towers will, Dr Bertell reveals, combine to emit a giant beam, of such power that, 'in a burst lasting more than a few minutes - it will slice through the ionosphere like a microwave knife' producing a long incision in this vital layer of the atmosphere. However, the main aim of HAARP is, she explains, to heat sections of the ionosphere until they bulge to form a curved 'lens' which will 'reflect' HAARP's massive energy beams back to earth to destroy selected targets - presumably without leaving even a trace of what caused the devastation.
----- The layers of our atmosphere are so little understood that no one can possibly know the impact of cutting the ionosphere open, or of making it bulge like a lens. Moreover, she points out that scientists have warned that the energy from HAARP may combine with a natural wave frequency with results which are 'quite disproportionate to the level of input' - including disrupting the harmony between 'earth life forms….and….earth's life support systems'.
----- The rings round Saturn are thought to have been caused by a comparable interaction between energy waves. So, the possibility that HAARP, and its confreres, might trigger catastrophic changes to this planet cannot be ruled out. As Dr Bertell explains, everything is connected, 'everything in our universe is in dynamic equilibrium and this interference (from HAARP) may destabilise a system that has established and maintained its own cycle for millions of years' - protecting life on earth.
ELF pulsed into the earth
----- Nor is that all. Dr Bertell says that both HAARP and installations in Russia - on which America has, remarkably, collaborated - can also create pulsed, extremely low frequency (ELF) waves which have been directed deep into the earth itself, potentially disrupting delicately poised tectonic plates of the earth's crust, such as those of California's San Andreas fault. Given the little understood interplay between tectonic plates, volcano's and the earth's molten core, to call this playing with fire would be an absurd understatement.
----- Nor, it seems are these the only military installations threatening earth's viability. Dr Bertell tells us that HAARP is just one of a growing chain of astonishingly powerful, and potentially interactive, military installations, using varied types of electromagnetic fields or wavelengths, each with a different ability to affect the earth or its atmosphere. For example, an installation in Alaska will have a magnetic field more than 60,000 times greater than the earth itself.
----- To anyone who knows the impact of magnetic fields on the human body the potential risks of such an installation are obvious. Equally, as Dr Bertell points out, the earth's magnetic field is both produced by electric currents in the earth's liquid core and interacts with the Van Allen belts of the earth's atmosphere in ways not yet understood.
----- With typical restraint, she chooses not to guesstimate the effect that a magnetic field 60,000 times greater than the earth's will have on the earth's core or the atmosphere. Yet she believes that military tests may already have disturbed earth equilibrium. In addition to showing how earlier military tests have massively contributed to ozone depletion and global warming Dr Bertell suggests that some freak weather conditions and 'natural' disasters may have been directly caused by testing installations such as HAARP.
Links to earthquakes and freak weather
----- For example, in 1977 a freak storm which devastated a small town in Wisconsin and destroyed 350 hectares of forest, followed hot on the heels of a government ELF wave experiment. While The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientist reported that an ELF wave transmitter lay right in the middle of another storm which brought down 150 - 200 times more rain than normal. These links are more than purely circumstantial, for she says that weather modification is on the US air force agenda, and in 1992 the Russians told the Wall Street Journal they could already achieve it. And the Wisconsin storm offers what looks very much like direct evidence.
----- The question is, does anyone have the wisdom to control weather wisely, and unselfishly? And do they even begin to understand the potential for unexpected side-affects from all these experiments. As she points out, it is since the inception of Star Wars experiments that El Nino has changed its cycle and become far more severe with devastating effects.
----- Equally, a Soviet experiment with the ionosphere directly preceded an earthquake in China which killed 650,000 people. While in America ELF - type waves were detected immediately before a San Francisco earthquake in 1989, and unnatural and unexplained low frequency waves were detected before earthquakes in Japan and California in 1989, and before an earthquake in Los Angeles in 1994. We can only wonder whether such ELF waves preceded the recent earthquakes in El Salvador and India this year, and whether the carnage has been caused by 'security experiments' by one of the 'great powers'.
----- What is certain, as Dr Bertell shows, is that, globally, the number of earthquakes a year has more than doubled since the inception of military experiments which affect the earth and its atmosphere. Even this could, of course, be mere coincidence but another fact suggests something unusual is going on. Inexplicably, an earthquake in Bolivia in 1994 originated 600km below the earth's surface - 24 times deeper than normal.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Tecumte because: spelling/wording

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It's his son "Dr." Nick Begich Jr.
The con-man who wrote Angels Don't Play This Haarp. He was the only one who spoke to the EU committee about HAARP. Look it up. You have the source.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELDS REVERSE THEMSELVES EVERY 200 YEARS... THIS IS SCIENTIFIC FACT, AND THE ARE IN PROGRESS OF DOING THIS... ITS NO BIG DEAL...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skylonda

Thats the kinda thing you all really need to pay attention to.
The animals are more in tune with the earth then we are.
Observe their behavior,and report it.
Thank for that insight.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FRANKBLACK

I think it is every 300,000 years, that is what this Space Scientist says in this video. This is Part 2 and it is scaring the living hell out of me. The military has known this is happening and it was in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina.......And I guess now it is in Alabama, Arkansas, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
my iphone compass app seems to be off a little. i live on the west coast.

anyway, the earth's poles are supposed to flip soon. so, this may be a precursor to it. get ready!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRANKBLACK
THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELDS REVERSE THEMSELVES EVERY 200 YEARS... THIS IS SCIENTIFIC FACT, AND THE ARE IN PROGRESS OF DOING THIS... ITS NO BIG DEAL...

As noted in THIS article from the British Geological Survey.....

How often do reversals occur? As a matter of geological record, the Earth's magnetic field has undergone numerous reversals of polarity. We can see this in the magnetic patterns found in volcanic rocks, especially those recovered from the ocean floors. In the last 10 million years, there have been, on average, 4 or 5 reversals per million years. At other times in Earth's history, for example during the Cretaceous era, there have been much longer periods when no reversals occurred. Reversals are not predictable and are certainly not periodic in nature. Hence we can only speak about the average reversal interval.

So, about every 250,000 years, roughly.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

So, about every 250,000 years, roughly.

No. Not even roughly. On average.
There is a big difference.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I said "roughly", just in case my math was off a bit.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Mad Dog I have invited David Sereda, to come on your thread, He is the Scientist in the video, of his recent Coast to Coast show about the Magnectic North Anomolies. If he doesn't join the thread, I have asked him to look at it and email me with permission to post the emails. If you have time just listen to the first 2 videos
He talks about the Bird deaths and the Madrid being affected by this Magnetic Shift. He could carry this information you have going on here to a higher level and really give us the low down on what it means.

Part 1
www.youtube.com...

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

David Sereda is not a scientist.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

George Noory introduced him as a "Space Scientist and Physicist. Evidently he has a degree of somekind. I know he is into yoga and such; made some documentaries. I don't think Noory just made that up.
His Blog profile,says Scientist and Physics.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

So Noory read his blog profile.
Most people who have the gall to call themselves scientists at least have a degree (usually starting with a B.S. but most prefer graduate work).
No, Sereda is not a scientist. But he plays one on Coast to Coast.

edit on 3/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I went to college for 8 years but kept changing majors, no Phd in anything, but I wrote a book on 7 asteroids that hit the earth in 2354 BC, and NASA astronomers located 4 of the impact craters. I spoke to Cambridge in UK; military student on Physics, couldn't write a fomula if I had to, but I was well recieved.

This is from another interview he did,

We can go anywhere, and because your understanding of physics and space sciences, everything, is so vast. So, I want to go somewhere that’s hitting us all right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join