It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi says will arm civilians to defend Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Gaddafi says will arm civilians to defend Libya

au.news.yahoo.com

"Unfortunately, due to this (action), marine and air targets, whether military or civilian, will be exposed to real danger in the Mediterranean, since the area of the Mediterranean and North Africa has become a battleground because of this blatant military aggression."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
timesofindia.indiatimes.com
www.smh.com.au
en.wikipedia.org
edit on 3/20/2011 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A "defiant Muammar Gaddafi" made an obvious statement .. now that "it's on", civilian craft will be "exposed" to real danger.

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like the sensational MSM static like: "..Gaddafi has threatened to attack military and civilian targets.." or "He vowed to retaliate with military and civilian targets in the Mediterranean"

Where did gaddafi learn this pearl of wisdom?.. perhaps when Iran Air Flight 655 was blown up by the USS Vincennes killing 290 passengers, including 66 poor innocent children?.. just a guess.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
wouldnt this be a great time for North Korea to Act out. Good time for Russia to finish Georgia off too. Great time for Israel to annihilate Hamas, and a great time for China to exert power since Japan is on its behind. Interesting world today.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin032188
wouldnt this be a great time for North Korea to Act out. Good time for Russia to finish Georgia off too. Great time for Israel to annihilate Hamas, and a great time for China to exert power since Japan is on its behind. Interesting world today.

It would certainly be a great time for the US to STFU.

Seriously, they've been saying "no fly zone" but now they're bombing Libya with cruise missiles and airstrikes? THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PEOPLE THERE.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

He also called on Arab, Islamic, African, Latin American and Asian countries to "stand by the heroic Libyan people to confront this aggression, which will only increase the Libyan people's strength, firmness and unity."

I thought it was "the heroic Libyan people" that wanted him out..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by GovtFlu

He also called on Arab, Islamic, African, Latin American and Asian countries to "stand by the heroic Libyan people to confront this aggression, which will only increase the Libyan people's strength, firmness and unity."

I just read a news article where Gaddafi told NATO that in response to the bombings, he has opened up his arms caches to arm the Libyan people against the Western invaders.

Gee, his story really differs from what the West puts out in the news, eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ghadafi/Qaddafi/Gaddafi/Gawdawful has GOT to be schizo. I've never seen anybody like this in my ENTIRE life. Go ahead Moammar, give them guns and see who they shoot..... You stupid blind son of a....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by justin032188

It would certainly be a great time for the US to STFU.

Seriously, they've been saying "no fly zone" but now they're bombing Libya with cruise missiles and airstrikes? THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PEOPLE THERE.

This hasn't been a US led operation. The Arab League requested the no fly zone, then NATO did the footwork. The US has a supporting role and it has been the French who have been spearheading operations. They were the first in the air over Libya, the engaged the first ground target in Libya, and they are sending their only aircraft carrier across the Mediterranean to help enforce the no fly zone. The British are sending some planes and warships and the Canadian military is chipping in too, along with the Italians.

This operation isn't "those damn warhungry Americans at it again," or things like that. Qaddafi has been killing his own citizenry, and he has disobeyed a cease fire and has continued attacking civilians and rebels.That cease fire was pretty much an ultimatum proposed by NATO. Qaddafi did not comply, so NATO retaliated. Everything has been done by the book with this one.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

Why did you think that?.. have you been there?

Thus far the point that 'western' MSM headlines are inflated exaggerations doesn't matter much eh?..

btw mods, I probably broke a rule by not quoting any headline.. my bad.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Thank you crunkman!
Finally the light of reason.
I don't always agree with NATO or the US but this one is justified.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

[

No one is bombing the people but Gadhafi.
THEY ARE BOMBING MILITARY TARGETS THAT ARE A THREAT TO THE PEOPLE.

Do you see why ?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Why did you think that?.. have you been there?
Thus far the point that 'western' MSM headlines are inflated exaggerations doesn't matter much eh?..

No, have you recently ???

Tell us all the true story..
He's a guy good but but just misunderstood ???
edit on 20-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by justin032188

Do you realize that if this stuff happens, you won't be here the next day to post?

Seriously, ATS needs an age limit to curb such childish posts.

link   
All right any thought that pops out of Qaddaffi is a bunch of horse bullets. That being said I will simply state this statement from the ever present classic Red Dawn, "I have always been on the side of partisans, I was one., ' and now what are you?' Like you, a police man." That is all.
edit on 3/20/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I just read a news article where Gaddafi told NATO that in response to the bombings, he has opened up his arms caches to arm the Libyan people against the Western invaders.

Gee, his story really differs from what the West puts out in the news, eh?

You just used the "Western media" to show how the "People" will stand by Gaddafi as a way to discredit ... the "Western media".

edit on 20-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Gaddaffi is a hero trying to defend his country by killing the infestion of the CIA controlled Libyans. Don't you guys open your eyes and understand what he is trying to do. What would you do if you were in his shoes???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Gaddaffi is a hero trying to defend his country by killing the infestion of the CIA controlled Libyans. Don't you guys open your eyes and understand what he is trying to do. What would you do if you were in his shoes???

Obey the no fly zone and stand down.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEasterBunny

And allow the CIA controlled Libyans to take over, heck no. Thats why Gaddaffi doesn't want to do that and has kept on bombing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEasterBunny
reply to post by Crunkman919

Thank you crunkman!
Finally the light of reason.
I don't always agree with NATO or the US but this one is justified.

Aren't they all..

Can the warmongers please come up with some new justifications?.. the whole "evil tyrant" and "dictator who kills" boogie-man script has become cliche after saddam.... whats next?.. WMDs.. lol.. Nobody believes in the "freedom & democracy motivated by virtue" plot anymore either.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The thing I find most interesting is how the recent resurgence of the Lockerbie incident marries into this. almost setting the foundations of what is happening, especially as it predates this uprising.. one could almost assume this was planned... is it a co-incidence? perhaps! but at the moment it feels like we are suffering from far to many coincidences.

We can say it is not about stealing oil, since our (Western) Support of his regime meant we could and where stealing all the oil we want without firing a shot, and to keep stealing the oil all we have to do is look the other way as we do in other countries.. so why here and why now? and what is it we are really after!

Certainly a puzzle..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join