It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airplane carrying UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Has anyone seen something like this ? I have. I saw what looked like a plane with a disc shaped object on top of it. I have only seen that twice in my life, recently and when I was a kid. I'm not saying it was definitely a UFO but that's the only explanation I have.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe an AWAC?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There ya go

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas
Maybe an AWAC?

Hmm that definitely seems consistent with what I saw. I didn't know about AWAC so my mind just thought UFO. it does look like a UFO on top of a plane to someone who wouldn't know what it was.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here ya go

edit on 19-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yeah, there are a lot of variations too. Do a google image search for AWAC and you'll see. I bet that's what you saw.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Classic example of humans being bad at indentifying things in the sky. Thats why UFO sightings & witness testimonies are unreliable.

Humans claim UFOs, its %100 of time down to earth interms of explaination

So dont blame Skeptics people because theres a reason they are skeptical

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
yup the awacs. I've lived around Tinker AFB most of my life and see tons of those things flying around daily. Its the base where awacs are repaired.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcgaha
Classic example of humans being bad at indentifying things in the sky. Thats why UFO sightings & witness testimonies are unreliable.

Classic example of humans being bad at identifying a question.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by krimletch

Originally posted by JamesMcgaha

Classic example of humans being bad at identifying a question.

Please clarify.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
Please clarify.

Allow me. The OP made a sincere and legitimate query and expressed uncertainty and was seeking input:

Originally posted by Mercurio
Has anyone seen something like this ? I have. I saw what looked like a plane with a disc shaped object on top of it. I have only seen that twice in my life, recently and when I was a kid. I'm not saying it was definitely a UFO but that's the only explanation I have.

When a reasonable explanation by multiple members was presented OP acquiesced and agreed.

Another poster made a rather harsh and unnecessary generalization regarding OP in a condescending tone and another community minded member replied in kind.

Does that clear things up for you?
edit on 20-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My reply was Harsh?

I stated this was an example of UFO sightings being misinterpreted when theres plausible explanations.

Humans make mistakes & believers point to witness testimonies as if thats concrete evidence, They dont understand why witness saying something is not evidence. That was the message I was trying to get across.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I grew up on Navy bases. I spent a decade working in defence diplomacy myself just recently. I can state quite categorically that I have seen what appear to be UFOs as well as actual UFOs. Both exist. But as a vast amount of defence-related materials and equipment at unavailable to the public, it is not their fault that they misidentify these things. Obviously, AWACs are not some of those because they are freely seen and acknowledged, but there are a lot of things that aren't. I suggest that the skeptics come forth with direct identification and breakdowns of specific markers for that identification when they debunk, rather than the usual arrogantly mocking attitiude they normally take.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I grew up on Navy bases. I spent a decade working in defence diplomacy myself just recently. I can state quite categorically that I have seen what appear to be UFOs as well as actual UFOs. Both exist. But as a vast amount of defence-related materials and equipment at unavailable to the public, it is not their fault that they misidentify these things. Obviously, AWACs are not some of those because they are freely seen and acknowledged, but there are a lot of things that aren't. I suggest that the skeptics come forth with direct identification and breakdowns of specific markers for that identification when they debunk, rather than the usual arrogantly mocking attitiude they normally take.

UFOs is unidentified flying objects. You saw something YOU couldnt identify that doesnt mean others cant.

Its not their fault & I havent said that. I said people misinterpret things all the time. And witness testimonies are not evidence.

I suggest believers come fourth with solid evidence & do some sort of research before they make claims to the public

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
edit on 19-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)
Really very fun.That is so not a Ufo and not a hoax either, can only be a radar system.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesMcgaha

Yes, but if believers come fourth, who is going to come first, second and third?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

James, I think you are being a tad pedantic on this, ok its not the best worded question but that clearly what it is. He's asking if people know what he saw was and because he does not recognise it he presumes its a ufo.

Which technically it is TO HIM...

This wasn't an attempt to fool people it was a call for help and then turned into a bit of a cheap shot at ufo believers. Do people miss identify things, of course they do but this isn't a hard and fast rule for this post.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Do you suggest that? Solid evidence, eh? What would that be exactly?

I know alien craft when I see it. I don't need anyone to confirm it nor to "debunk" it. I trust my powers of observation. I know the details of my sightings. You don't. You have no grounds to doubt my comments.

I think you might be trying too hard there, son. Just sit back and let the nice people here talk, okay?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Do you suggest that? Solid evidence, eh? What would that be exactly?

I know alien craft when I see it. I don't need anyone to confirm it nor to "debunk" it. I trust my powers of observation.

James' point was, we shouldn't trust our powers of observation. Even the camera can lie sometimes. If I edited this video to cut off the ending, what would we see?

CAUTION: to all UFO videographers
www.youtube.com...

And just because our powers of observation are suspect, doesn't mean we aren't right sometimes. The OP's description of the AWACs is pretty spot on, that's what it looks like to me too, even though I know what it is.

RAF AWACS Takeoff

edit on 20-3-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fixed video link

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join