It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnacies and birth effected by "SuperMoon" ????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm starting this thread to try and get an idea of whether or not the closeness of the "supermoon" is having any effect on women and going into labor early...i just started to think of this possible scenario not too long ago. actually it was actually today when my sister who was due for another month or so started feeling wierd and then she started to get pains. her water actually broke and now shes at the hospital giving birth to my new nephew. so if anyone has heard this possible effect of the "Supermoon" in this way please post and help me find out if its actually possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Maybe, the Moon has always been related to females.

I would say that that is just myth, but I've heard plenty of stories like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
my sister is RIPE and she really wants to have the baby...we went out for spicy thai food to maybe help things along......no baby yet

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

see what im trying to find out is if anyone has heard of the actual numbers increasing of women going into labor earlier then expected because of the higher gravitational effects they say this has...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
NO!

Your an idiot.

How could the moon being less than 2% closer affect this?

Ha ha....

Do you see the irony in your post?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

how does this make me an idiot? what i am asking is if they say that it can cause this or that just asking if it could have an effect on this too...and if not then do you go around calling everyone that says it can have a negative effect on the earth idiots? because if you dont then why do it to me?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

i don't know if the "super moon" would make much difference, but i've seen statistics somewhere about higher birth rates during a full moon.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

you're an idiot for saying "your an idiot" to someone with an open mind.

link   
I've heard the moon does have an effect on women, but just a small amount. It can trigger periods that are already almost due. Hell, i think it's about to trigger mine tonight, i can feel it coming on.... and it's early. Don't think it can trigger birth a month early though. Now, low pressure can trigger births. Where I live, the hospital maternity wards are always busiest during hurricanes.

link   
reply to post by yadda333

i do.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hazel622

see and this all im asking...my sister had no previous labor pains or any sign she would be going into lsbor any time soon...it seemed liked it just came on very quick..i have 3 sisters all with kids and i have my own and from my own experiance i know that theres always some kinda signs leading up to the point of goig into labor

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
NO!

Your an idiot.

How could the moon being less than 2% closer affect this?

Their idiot what?? What did it do? How can another person even own an idiot? Mentally challenged as they may be it is still slavery right?

But onto the topic of the moon having an effect on seismic activity, since your link talks about this.
Apparently it does..
Also, you may want to listen to geologists instead of running around saying "nanananan, not gonna happenzors to mezors!!"

Also, did you know that the ground directly under a NORMAL moon rises 4 feet as it passes??

Sure there is something to be said about the annoyance of the chicken littles running around, but it's equally sad when you have rooster dumb nut standing there looking up "Oh look herp derp the sky is falling. Maybe it wants to be friends. nothing to worry about here. Lets have a hug. Duh-derp. SPLAT!"

Now about pregnancies and births....Statistically, for what ever reason, more births DO Happen on full moons. Though the link may be indirect. No I won't provide a source link because my mom is a nurse and works at a hospital and has seen the increase first hand. I bet the statistics would be easy enough to find though, so don't be lazy. More sex happens on full moons because, honestly a full moons is romantic. It should be noted that even though a birth may be more likely to happen on a full moon that it is still close to the mothers due date. Any gravitational effect the moon has that could urge on labor are probably negligible. Maybe people are just more active on full moons (proven) which leads to a better chance of going into labor.

Then again, there is the "straw that breaks the camels back". And maybe a full moon is that straw to women near their due date.
edit on 3/19/11 by kylioneXsushi because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kermithermit111

Aww, beat me to it

I must actually use the "Second Line" trick now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My wife is going in Wed. for a c-sect. and she has been having alot of activity and mild cramps much more than normal since yesterday.
I have always heard and believed the full moon theory. My good friends ex wife was a pretern nurse and she said they called it the birth moon, due to the flood of women going in to labor during that time.
As of now, no young'n yet but we shall see.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is completely obvious: all Supermoon babies are LYCANTROPHS!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I know that it has an effect as i have been going to the toilet way
more than usual.

it is sort of like having a baby, so yes it must be true.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
hmm, interesting, I have a friend who just gave bearth 3 weeks early for no apparent reason... could be nothing though but interesting none the less

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was pregnant from December through late august last year and I had my daughter on the 27th (a Friday) but my partner stayed home on Tuesday because I had some baaad contractions from monday night (the 23rd) through to the 27th - and the full moon was on the 24th (But I looked it up and it was 24th UTC & 1705/ but in Brisbane, QLD, it was 25th at 305am)

But hey, I was 6 days overdue when I had her, and I did EVERYTHING known to man to get that kid out, so something had to give eventually ;p

So, to summarise, I started having regular pains 2 days before the moon was at it's fullest, and gave birth 2 days after it was at its fullest. Hopefully most women have a shorter run at it, and just knock it out on that one night.
edit on 20/3/2011 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/3/2011 by bkaust because: stuffed up again - it's 12am.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSilverGate
My wife is going in Wed. for a c-sect. and she has been having alot of activity and mild cramps much more than normal since yesterday.
I have always heard and believed the full moon theory. My good friends ex wife was a pretern nurse and she said they called it the birth moon, due to the flood of women going in to labor during that time.
As of now, no young'n yet but we shall see.

Good luck for wednesday, and if it's happened already due to 'supermoon' Congratulations! ;p You'll spend more nights looking at the moon (sleepless ones while hearing a baby cry) but it's still nice

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join