It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual cloud formation (19th March 2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I recorded this cloud formation yesterday. I believe people call them UFO clouds, although i think it was nothing to more than an unusual cloud.

It lasted for only a few minutes before it faded away. The video dosn't do it justice, it was very well defined and in a perfect circle.

Sorry about my dog making funny noises.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
nice! always nice to see movies like this from members!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Cool video, beautiful scenery and an awesome cloud. How common are clouds like those?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
looks like mid level wind sheer but it's very strange like a smoke ring,never seen anything like that before and I have been storm chasin for 12 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think it's just god showing his ass.

2nd

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

nice! always nice to see movies like this from members!

Thanks Grifter

Cool video, beautiful scenery and an awesome cloud. How common are clouds like those?

And thank you Matrixportal. I have lived on a farm my whole life, and i spend more hours outside than inside, and I have never seen a cloud formation like this before.

looks like mid level wind sheer but it's very strange like a smoke ring

Yes a smoke ring is a great description of how it looked.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

It's so hard to tell the proper perspective off of videos. On the bottom of the video link are the related videos and I think they got it right for once. Looks like a fallstreak hole, perhaps. I've seen one form relatively small and incomplete like this shows. You would have been getting it in it's last few moments, though.
The usual "ufo" clouds are lenticularis ones. And orographic (which they call banner clouds). Here's some links to the Cloud Appreciation Society gallery that shows examples of all of these to compare.

Fallstreak Holes
Lenticularis
Orographic

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

You would have been getting it in it's last few moments, though.

Yeah, i just walked outside and it was very well defined, by the time i grabed the camera it had started to diminish.
Fallstreak hole
Thanks for the links

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

that cloud however isn't a lenticular cloud and if not mistaken lenticular clouds are usually associated with mountains.
one question,I noticed an aircraft in the video,could it have been sheer caused by the planes passage through some lower clouds in that cluster?
the only time I have ever seen smoke rings were when the military planes here go supersonic,they leave smoke rings but those are rare sites.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That was a great shot of the cloud! It's so hard to believe that that's a 'natural' occurance, isn't it?? I've seen that once around here, and it kind of freaked me out a bit, I had to come online to search it out, and was disappointed that it WAS indeed 'natural'..

edit on 19-3-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

Possibly. That's why I gave a few different options to compare. I live in the US midwest, where a small hill is the highest elevation around. But I spent a week on a train going through the Rockies and saw, finally, my first lenticularis. Quite cool. Even saw the "stack of plates" formation. It was over the high desert in Nevada. I had hoped to see many more, but was kind of disappointed.
When I hear UFO clouds, that's the one I think of first.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"Ring UFO's" Appearing World WIde, Great New Footage Arising!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

There are no mountains near by, not even a hill. im not sure about a plane producing that effect, but im no expert. There is a small airport in that direction about 10 km's away.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

NEAT! Thanks for sharing that link for the cloud appreciation society! didn't know there was such a thing...but me likey! i am a total cloud appreciator

peace and love

new topics

top topics

join