It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

Holy crap, dude...this is an awesome thread. I love this stuff. I'm kind of in a hury here but have you heard of the kite theory. It isn't much of a popular theory but it would make alot of sense because it would cut dow on the man power quite a bit.

Well if I get the chance, I'll post a few thing about it.

Again, awesome thread. S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How many elephants does it take to move a 1000 ton piece of granite?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'II star and flag just for the effort, but still one question is not answered......how did they put all those blocks, which weighed 3+ tons, into place, seamlessly, at a rate of 1 block, every 3 minutes for 20 years straight with no bathroom or lunch breaks? Those are the results of the calculation.....i'm just sayin'. Let's face it, they couldn't be as smart as we're giving them credit for if they buildt that heavy stuff and then 'carry' it to it's destination....when say, a clever monkey could figure out that it's always better to build 'on site'. I don't know how these things were built, but it wasn't by hebrew slaves at that pace......a whip can only scare a man so much in opposition to building something like the feats they have in Eqypt.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr

Ah so it was elephants now but good point there are so many anomolies that can not be explained if we think in terms of the builders being primitive.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

You should read back a few posts we asked the same questions ?

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Why elephants? surely hippos would be easier to acquire? Could a hippo even be used for work....

I just posted it as a suggestion (animal labour) as no one else (that I noticed) had mentioned it.
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

OK

It seems to me that you disagree with a pulley system or a ramp system or that it could have been done within a 20 year + or - span [A plausible time-frame and what not]

How about you offering other explanations?

The fact is I have yet hear your reasoning and possible uses for the items I've posted.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

why are you directing that at me,???? i didnt suggest elephants somebody else did , please read ALL of my posts first before asking , illogical questions, aimed at the wrong person,

Somebody else suggested elephants so i said how many would it take to move a 1000 ton grantie block which was used around the same time.

Im sorry if that sounds rude but you came across as very sarcastic when in fact you aimed your post at the wrong person i believe

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Phenomium

You should read back a few posts we asked the same questions ?

Peace

Yes it was asked and answered and possibly ignored by some....

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Draken
2nd, They would have to place a block every 2secs to have created the Great Pyramid in the time periods given by archeologists. Its more about impossibles then amazing feats of man.

1st.
They supposedly placed a block every 3 to 6 minutes. Not an impossibility after a few months of trial and error and another 19 years and 10 months or so to perfect the technique

2nd.
From my understanding of real human history many things were once thought impossible.

A. People would die if a train went faster than 30 miles per hour. [The air would be sucked out]
B. Nothing heavier than air would ever fly.
C. Flying to, landing and returning a man from the moon.
D. Finding and splitting the Atom.
E. Getting myself extracted from my last marriage

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

What exactly ? I live in Africa and i know elephants pretty well

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Hey im not knocking your thread at all, i gave S & F , i think you did excellent research and an even better presentation, It is a good theory except for the time it must have taken,which could easily be overlooked.

My theory would be pretty much like the few videos i posted on your thread earlier , but of course i have no " proof " that anybody would have take seriously.

i have around another 50 if you would like them : )

Like i said earlier this is not personal but i have a strong view on this topic

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

No someone suggested animals (Me) then slayer said

There hasn't been any real evidence that Egyptians used the horse or possibly the Elephant in this manner.

then you asked about elephants and I asked why it had to be elephants

Draken true but we are talking egypt and they have the nile which is full of hippos.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Yea I see what you mean, but it is also not as if it was micro-managed to the point of everybody having a set of prints.
I totally agree with you on the civic pride aspect. The people were united in a goal that was bigger then any of them.
I am proposing that a break down of roles or many parts to make the whole as the how without large scale knowledge on the peoples part. I am not saying the typical Egyptian was a ignorant person just was not privy to the nuances and the exact ways the whole project worked.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Something as simplistically dismissive as "aliens built the pyramids" could easily be wrong, BUT to say there was absoloutely NO kind of lost technology and/or energy used in the MOST impressive pyramids like Khufu shows a zealotry (belief without proof) not unlike the most extreme religious fanatics of today.

I wish a consortium of rich people (who are always mundane and mainstream-minded enough), could cough up the multimillions or billions of dollars it would take to actually BUILD a pyramid that's on par with Khufu, using ONLY Bronze Age (copper) tools - including carving 70-ton GRANITE blocks like the ones around the "King's chamber" (and moving them) - ropes, ramps and the backbreaking labor of thousands (and whatever else strictly primitive) - all done in, say, 25 years at the most. We've put men on the moon and now have genetic engineering and nanotechnology, and NO ONE is able to make a "simple" pyramid! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???!!!

Theories mean nothing; only actions and proof speak. Has anyone ever cut granite with copper? Ah well, move along, there's no mystery here. It's been "solved."

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by johngtr

No someone suggested animals (Me) then slayer said

There hasn't been any real evidence that Egyptians used the horse or possibly the Elephant in this manner.

then you asked about elephants and I asked why it had to be elephants

Elephant is the strongest land animal pound for pound. I think that is why. No other animal could do it, and an elephant wouldn't last a day in a desert environment. Hence animals are ruled out. Hippo is more fat then muscle, they lounge around in water a lot and cant stay out of it too long. Elephants on the other hand travel MASSIVE distances to find water etc in Africa. Hippo is more related to a whale, which sounds weird, but true.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Please, by all means feel free to post any related ontopic videos/links and whatever else is a available that will support a competing view, theory and or opinion.

All is welcomed here

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Why? if we look at the info provided here we can see people moving massive weights why couldn't a smiler system be used with animals?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
We hear a lot of theories about how the Egyptians built their pyramids, but I often wonder how other pyramids around the world were built. Seems amazing that all these cultures would not only want to build megaliths but would each figure out an ingenious way to do it that we are yet to replicate. Perhaps they all had contact with each other and the building method traveled along with the actual idea of the square based pyramid shape that we see all round the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Draken

Why? if we look at the info provided here we can see people moving massive weights why couldn't a smiler system be used with animals?

Like i said, What animal ? Only animal that could maybe its a elephant. Which would die in a desert. A hippo would not work because its more fat then muscle, and they cant stay out of water very long.

Lots of horses and camels doesn't seem likely either because there was no evidence of such livestock being kept in the area.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
These of course are only theories
No matter how the pyramids were built there are certain facts that need to be considered.

Why are the 3 Giza pyramids aligned with the Orion Star Belt
Why do the narrow channels in the Queens and Kings Chamber align Sirius and one of the 3 belt stars of Orion
These alignments are only true once a precessional cycle
The Pyramids in their prime were covered with polished white marble that refected the sky rendering them almost invisible on the horizon
Where is the missing cap stone and what was its purpose
If it is a burial chamber where are all the hieroglyphs associated with with burial tombs
There is only graffiti that mentions Khufu
The great Pyramid is full of sacred geometry - what does sacred geometry denote
The great pyramid mimicks e Sun Ray

Sound technology or harmonics is little understood by this civilisation but could be used as a tool to create such structures

Not to split hairs here, but these are not "theories" they are "hypotheses". A theory is a notion that has withstood empirical basis and no alternative notion can, to date, challenge its validity or prove it to be not so.

Sonic Levitation is an interesting concept, but one would think there would be something left over from its use, had the Egyptians used it, i.e., a machine written about in texts/hieroglyphs, or something recovered from the archaeological record.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join