It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

the Lost Labyrinth the book?

I haven't had the pleasure yet of getting my hands on a copy so I honestly couldn't tell you.
Have you read it? If so whats your take on it?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, not a book. An actual "Labrynth" in Egypt, described by Herodotus and Strabo, thought to be myth or just plain made up. They found it in 2008, buried under the sand in Hawara. A massive artificial plateau, which had been discovered by Petrie in 1889 and was thought to be the remains of a foundation, has been proven to be it's roof.

Lost Labrynth

Supposedly it has thousands of rooms within it, containing knowledge of the ages in comparison to the lost treasures of the Library of Alexandria. It could answer so many questions about ancient Egypt, and so of course old Zahi put the lock down on releasing any more info about the find.
If a thread hasn't been made on this monumental find yet, we should make one. I'm concerned about it because of the civil unrest in Egypt.
edit on 8/26/2011 by Tsurugi because: Added some stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No ! No ! No !

You've got it all wrong.

Many years ago a "genius",his words-not mine, explained it all to me.

You see, the Egytians used papyrus reeds pushed down through the ground to a point below the bottom of the Nile river. They then positioned the stone blocks over several of the reeds and let the hydraulic pressure of the river water lift the blocks into place.

Like I said, this is his theory . Not mine !

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok. Having finally finished reading all 28 effing pages connected to this excellent thread, I have a few more pennies to toss into the mix. And yes, I'm aware that I'm way late in regards to when the thread was originally posted, but I'm a new member of ATS so gimme a break.

First of all, someone mentioned that there is "no real entrance" to the GP, and that tourists are brought in through a hole dug into the side. The second part is true, the first part is not.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/127cec8ff351.jpg[/atsimg]

(1) The actual, original entrance, which was hidden and is now uncovered.

(2) The forced-entry hole dug by Caliph "I'm gonna get inside if I have to knock it down" al'Mamun, around AD 820.

While we're on the subject of the entrance, take a look at this odd carving/symbol above the real, actual entrance:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74b5ed15ee45.jpg[/atsimg]

Aside from the rough, graffiti-ish painted cartouche(sp?) of Khufu found in the dead spaces above the King's Chamber, this is the only known symbol on the entire structure. Of course, it may not actually be a symbol, but as it has no structural purpose, and is prominently located "on the mantle of the front door", as it were, it probably is important. As far as I can find, there is no current explanation for it.

Lastly, in defense of Slayer's "portcullis" information, there are a number of odd granite blocks inside the pyramid with holes drilled in them. These have been pointed to as possibly being fragments of the missing portcullis "doors".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/513d3b2d6fac.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac7af6b0e76.jpg[/atsimg]

There are, of course, a number of problems with this idea...one obviously being who originally tore the system apart and why did they spread the separate doors(if that's what they are) all over the damn pyramid? But still, it is interesting to speculate.
edit on 8/26/2011 by Tsurugi because: General editing.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Thank you for the contribution. I do have those images on hand and similar questions my original plan was to include them but by the time I was 3/4 done I was almost cock eyed from writing this.I had forgotten to include it and was left on my clipboard.

Great observations.

I too wonder about that odd carving above the original hidden entrance.
Looks to me like some sort of giant stone carved Cog or Sprocket.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I too wonder about that odd carving above the original hidden entrance.
Looks to me like some sort of giant stone carved Cog or Sprocket.

Yes. Given the way it's displayed, it could be read to say:

"This structure is merely a few teeth on a cogwheel of a much greater mechanism."

Pure speculation on my part, of course. But fun, yeah?

Did you look at the Labyrinth?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

You know...

I've been so busy replying to other threads that I completely over looked your previous posted reply to me and to answer, no I have not. I'm sorry, will look at your link presently.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That reminds me of the story told in one of the Pyramid code videos of the Egyptian "History keeper" interviewed who talked about a whole subterranean layout of rivers and tunnels under the Giza Plataea.

Are they both describing something similar? Which was utilized by the Ancient Egyptians?
I'll re-post the video here.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Videos make my boondocks internet connection cry. I'll check it out later this evening when I'm in a position to steal some ones and zeros from a faster network.

And no hurry on replies. I know you're juggling multiple threads.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

If you haven't seen the complete series yet and are interested in this angle on Ancient Egypt it is well worth the time spent watching them.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i have built a stone wall with boulders about 100ft long using nothing more than a crowbar,shovel and my aching back. each stone was about 50 to 300lbs and were randomly shaped. it took about a month, 8 hrs a day and it was incredibly difficult...just the great pyramid alone,if it took 20years to build, would have meant a block being laid something like every 5 to 10 seconds and thats just impossible. and by the way, the graphics and images in your presentation are really well done, i wish i knew how to manipulate a computer that well, to be able to arrange everything the way you did.i'm not that good at it yet...really nice job !
edit on 30-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Depends on what number you use - the estimates for the number of stone is from 975,000 to 2.5 million. The core stones are rather sloppily put in and there are some indications that parts of the pyramid may be a honey comb filled with sand (from drilling into pyramid and finding sand). It is possible that parts of the pyramid are also filled with rubble.

I once moved a 4 ton stone using 24 graduate students about 100 meters to get it out of an excavation zone -hard work but once we figured out a system it took 2 days

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by blocula

Depends on what number you use - the estimates for the number of stone is from 975,000 to 2.5 million. The core stones are rather sloppily put in and there are some indications that parts of the pyramid may be a honey comb filled with sand (from drilling into pyramid and finding sand). It is possible that parts of the pyramid are also filled with rubble.

I once moved a 4 ton stone using 24 graduate students about 100 meters to get it out of an excavation zone -hard work but once we figured out a system it took 2 days
hi...if anyone has never worked with rocks/stone before,i mean hands on lifting and dragging them around, then they really have no idea how hard it is to manipulate the massive weights involved and how can we ever learn or figure out how they were built if we cant get into the whens and whos? and when i mentioned the impossible feat of laying into place sooo many stones in a twenty year period,that was concerning only "one" pyramid and there so far have been 138!! discovered so far...
edit on 31-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Revelation of the Pyramids (YT it, 7 parts), Klaus Dona skulls without the sagittal suture,
Ed Leedskalnin... And you find some answers.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Etagelemetrege
The Revelation of the Pyramids (YT it, 7 parts), Klaus Dona skulls without the sagittal suture,
Ed Leedskalnin... And you find some answers.

For those who don't know who Klaus Dona

Klaus Dona's website

It contains yet another list of the same old ooparts that have been debunked over and over again, but it is well put together website - to sell his two books

Ed is the guy who built coral castle in Floraida and of which all kinda of silly stories have been made up about what he did and how he did it

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing but the best information I've found in understanding the advanced architecture of the pyramids is Chris Dunn's info. A great view from a machinery expert. Swirl marks, statue faces etc. Incredible stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
Thanks for sharing but the best information I've found in understanding the advanced architecture of the pyramids is Chris Dunn's info. A great view from a machinery expert. Swirl marks, statue faces etc. Incredible stuff.

Unfortunately most of the information he provides is not scientifically valid. His intrepretations of evidence are not accepted by people who actually know about the subject. However he does write good fiction.

Where Mr. Dunns ideas really breaks down is a complete lack of any evidence of machinery in AE and lots of evidence for a bronze age tools and 'machinery' appropriate for that time and place and for building the pyramids.

Here is a link to how they really did it and what they, the AE, put into their art

Paper on Egyptian 'machinery'
edit on 19/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow. I'm currently on mobile ATS atm, so I will have to log on to reward you with a well deserved S&F! You provided a great, detailed analysis as to the explanation of how, the Egyptians went managed to build such a monument to stand the grains of time.

There is a fascinating documentary that will be of interest to you & others. I'll be on to link the thread to that documentary, shown to me by a fellow ATS member!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Here's some more info on the 'lost' labyrinth at Hawara:

This one includes some great virtual models of the site(in VRML format). I used Flux Player to view the models.

A Virtual Exploration of the Lost Labyrinth

This one is the official(as far as I know) site of the dig/ground penetrating radar work. Press kit has some pics and videos but nothing that I could find about the actually labyrinth itself(or what might possibly have been found inside). Also, it doesn't seem to have been updated since the initial discovery/work done in 2008. Better than nothing though.

Labyrinth of Egypt

edit on 9/20/2011 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Originally posted by thetiler

Unfortunately most of the information he provides is not scientifically valid. His interpretations of evidence are not accepted by people who actually know about the subject. However he does write good fiction.

Where Mr. Dunns ideas really breaks down is a complete lack of any evidence of machinery in AE and lots of evidence for a bronze age tools and 'machinery' appropriate for that time and place and for building the pyramids.

Hanslune-san, did someone forget to tell you this is an alt/conspiracy forum? XD

For instance, what makes you so sure that the "people who actually know about the subject" are telling everything they know? This is a very basic premise in conspiracy thinking that you seem to lack.

You cite lack of evidence. Conspiracy people say, "How do you know the evidence has not just been concealed?" The idea that information control is a vice of the elite is something that all conspiracy theorists take for granted.
edit on 9/20/2011 by Tsurugi because: Spelling.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join