It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
reply to post by topherman420

Well because dating these things is really an issue, I think with all the scientists in that area of study .. I think that article was referring to a type of animal bones known to be 15,000 yrs old bc and that a pharoah had this particular animal replica on his regalia or what ever it said ,,my god I cant remember exactly but you know what I mean .. But yeah I would not be surprised at all if very early egyptians exsisted back in 14,000 bc but of course its so hard to prove I wish we could use the DNA from these ancient mummies but they say we cant yet do that how cool would that be ??

Direct quote from the article you gave:

"Scholars believe that wolves first started to have peaceful interactions with Stone Age humans about 30,000 years ago. A canine jawbone recently discovered in Switzerland and estimated to be 14,000 years old already bears clear signs of domestication: smaller fangs and a shorter snout than the wolf's."

They are referring to where they viewed dogs as domesticated which is in debate. 14000 bc is only referring to where they found a canine jawbone in switzerland, but doesnt say anything about dating dogs living with egyptians 14000 years ago. It is an interesting article just not too valid to this discussion IMO

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great thread, I like the mysteries the Great pyramid give us to think about.
I have a few theories on how they built it. But lets first look at how they got things so accurate.
If we look at the shafts found in the two chambers we have to ask what they were used for?
The Queens chamber shafts were sealed off. When explored by the robots we saw smooth, well made 10in shafts that were seal with a door at around the same level as the kings chamber shafts were started. So looking at all the evidence from an engineering perspective they had great importance in the construction phase of the upper chambers large blocks.
To understand my theory you must first know some basic physics. Take a hose put some water into it then hold the ends up. the water at both ends is always at the same level. The U-tube level. so long as the ends are open to atmosphere. So if the Queens chamber was blocked off just after it was built the chamber could of been flooded from the shafts to create a large scale leveling system during construction. measuring the water level at the shaft ends will give you perfect level across the construction area. I think keeping things level was of great importance to the builders. When the Queens chamber shafts were no longer needed they sealed them off and used the ones in the Kings chamber. This theory may explain why they built that drain shaft and the subterranean chamber to safely drain the chambers for maintenance or safety purposes.
So concussion is they may not be shafts at all but leveling wells for construction. So simple yet so overlooked.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Thanks.

That's an interesting theory.
I appreciate the input.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
having been a LONG time lurker, and finally registered a little while ago, first of all i must say thanks to slayer who has made me waste endless hours and hours following links and theories in the continued pursuit of knowledge. am i any the wiser? don't think so but i also have my own theory that i thought i'd share to see what you all think.

first of all i believe that the sphinx and pyramids have been about MUCH longer than we are led to believe. I also think TPTB know this already. in line with ancient artefacts found in stones and coal, i believe that the earth has had many more civilisations in it's past than we could even imagine, never mind find the evidence for.

having not only seen UFOs many times, but investigating their history on this planet too, i suspect that other-world-visitors might have something to do with some of our ancient pyramids. there are pyramids on the moon and mars that we know about....(sorry, not sure how to embed, but doing my best to get the whole theory out before my spare time runs out)

moon pyramid www.youtube.com...
mars pyramid www.youtube.com...

how exactly they're involved i have no idea, just speculation. given that there seem to be pyramids on other planets besides our own, i contend that there might be some connection. which is another reason i don't think that the egyptians built them. they certainly 'worshipped' them, and certainly their mark, by the way of carvings, is left on them.

suppose for a minute that they were built aeons ago by a lost/forgotten civilisation, maybe even with alien help/knowledge. suppose that another pole shift happened that sunk those artifacts under the sea for a few thousand years. suppose then that another pole shift re-exposed them, and that the egyptian culture started. suppose also that the 'visitors' came back again to give the egyptians instructions...

there are well documented hieroglyphs that show anamolous objects.
www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

one seems to be a helicopter. of the 3 to the right of the helicopter image, there are 3 what could be described as 'flying objects'. 2 of them, the bottom 2, fit our view of vehicles that fly. what about the top one? the top one, to me, looks very like the UFO that's been found on the dark side of the moon. other images of it show it side on, where the likeness to the egyptian hieroglyph is remarkably similar. the ufo on the moon is meant to be (speculation only obviously) perhaps millions of years old.

ufo image: www.disclose.tv...

my personal guess is that visitors have been getting various civilisations on earth to continue building these large monuments, and that they've been doing it throughout the galaxy.

i can't imagine that there's NO reason behind this, so my tentative theory is that the reason involves frequency, disaster aversion, and ancient knowledge. i think there's a chance that, if all the capstones, the gold and very conductive capstones, were in place on all the pyramids of the galaxy, that they might together produce a frequency that could avert whatever disaster might be threatening us/anybody.

there's a lot more to frequency than we realise, working in sound myself, but on a very low basic level, i know that frequencies play a part in our human psyche, so why not galactic psyche.

i don't think i've remembered all my points that lead me down this conjective path, but i'm running out of time so i might have to come back with other bits and pieces.

i realise it's all speculation, but it feels 'right' (ish) to me. what do you all reckon?

edit on 17-7-2011 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
first of all i believe that the sphinx and pyramids have been about MUCH longer than we are led to believe. I also think TPTB know this already. in line with ancient artefacts found in stones and coal, i believe that the earth has had many more civilisations in it's past than we could even imagine, never mind find the evidence for.

I appreciate the feedback. Regarding the Sphinx, I'm still on the fence regarding it's age and I can see both sides of this argument. I've written another thread on that topic that you may find of interest.

Enjoy
Age of the Sphinx, A glaring issue about it's age

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by ladyteeny

I appreciate the feedback. Regarding the Sphinx, I'm still on the fence regarding it's age and I can see both sides of this argument. I've written another thread on that topic that you may find of interest.

Enjoy
Age of the Sphinx, A glaring issue about it's age

thanks slayer, i read that whole thread already though!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Well then, I'm not sure if you've read this one or not but here is another one, This one is part-3 of a series I've written on a lost or forgotten history of man. it's very similar to what you've posted.

You may find it and all the links provided in it very interesting...

Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well then, I'm not sure if you've read this one or not but here is another one, This one is part-3 of a series I've written on a lost or forgotten history of man. it's very similar to what you've posted.

You may find it and all the links provided in it very interesting...

Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective

thanks again, i've read that one too! i've been reading your work for ages now!

my mind takes me down many paths, i suspect much like yours, but i lack the time spare to follow things to find what you do, so i very much appreciate that you not only find the time, but that you share it.

by the way, if you've done a hollow-earth one, please link me to it

(sorry i didn't give a reason for the previous edits, being new i didn't read everything before i clicked send, it was purely for grammar reasons)
edit on 17-7-2011 by ladyteeny because: added a bit to slayer

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well in this thread. I didn't really address the age of the pyramid. I just attempted to post what we know about it's construction. The issues that arise are the accepted known levels of technology the ancient Egyptians only had during the period in question.

It just doesn't seem to fit with what we are confronted with. On the one hand we have the worlds largest Mesolithic construction which seems to demonstrate a very high level of understanding in many fields which they were supposedly not very advanced in. Which draws in those [Accepted academically] who are very well versed in the subject to defend them and their supposed abilities.

Yet, conversely if some of us try to attribute certain aspects to the equation to better explain their accomplishments we again draw the attention of those who are more knowledgeable [Accepted academically] about the subject who say they didn't have that level of technology/abilities.

When I say technology, I'm not referring to electronics or internal combustion engines and the like etc. For example the simple "Rope Pulley" [Or something similar in a more basic rudimentary way] which would if they had it would solve many issues and riddles of the great pyramids construction but since we haven't found any evidence of it [or something similar] being used then it is removed from the equation. Leaving us being shoe horned into a rather narrow path in which to contemplate how these things were accomplished.
edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Anyone see this? Apparently the pyramids were made out of concrete blocks

Davidovits pyramid theory

Papers discussing Davidovits pyramid theory

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri
Anyone see this? Apparently the pyramids were made out of concrete blocks

Now here is the problem with reporting things such as this. Now from your link it states.

Some of the massive blocks making up the great pyramids of Giza in Egypt (pictured) are not limestone, but a synthetic mix like concrete, argue materials scientists.......

Then it goes on to state...

Pyramids were built with concrete rather than rocks, scientists claim

The problem here is that it states "Some of the Blocks" the link goes on to make the above statement. So right there it seems sensationalized. I'm not saying the possibility of some sort of Concrete like blocks were used but they make a whole bunch of assumptions off of some speculative information.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Slayer, good to see this thread get some life back.

So I was digging a bit deeper on my theory mentioned above on the pyramid shafts used to level the site and noticed there were no builders marks found between the door in the southern shaft and the Queens chamber.
Could they have been washed away?
The Djedi robot found markings behind the "door" so I thought maybe they are a clue to the purpose of the shafts,so I started looking to see what I could find out. All I could find was this Discovery article suggesting they were engineering numbers.news.discovery.com...
Luca Miatello, independent researcher who specializes in AE mathematics came up with this?
Here is what Old Kingdom numbers look like.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c04a09d3e752.jpg[/atsimg]
I am not buying it. I see no similarities between the symbols found in the shaft and the old kingdom numbers.
Do you?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86a7b2d89e23.jpg[/atsimg]

I did some research of my own by studying the hieroglyphics used in the old kingdom to see what I could find.
I looked through Unicode, Gardiner's list, ect, and could only make out one symbol.
Then all of a sudden it hit me. I was looking at them all wrong. I saw the line on the page.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e7d416603bb.jpg[/atsimg]

When I looked at the glyphs in this perspective it all started to come together.
(I'll use Gardiner list codes for reference)
On the green line from left to right.
Code O5-Determinative for Road or Street.
Code M44-triangle- Ideogram for Prepared, or Ready.
Code N5-solar disk- Determinative and ideogram for the sun and acts of the sunrise as, day, hour, and time
(day period, time in general)
With this, my best guess would be it says "The road(shaft) is prepared on time.

On the blue line from left to right.
Code N7, combo of N5 and T28- sun disk on the copping block- Daily requirements
It may be Code V17-SA-ideogram for protection?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab106ec324fd.jpg[/atsimg]

But N7 looks closer to it.
But the last symbol got me. It looked like nothing I've seen. So I drew it on paper as I saw it and there it was.
(this is cropped from the original pic)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4dc4843497b.jpg[/atsimg]
It is a Uraeus (code I12) with the bowing man(code A16) behind.
Uraeus
The bowing man A16- to bow, pay homage.
Someone paying homage to Uraeus? Is this a name? A spell? A work gang? Uraeus seems important at that time so any guesses?
I think the first glyph on the green line(O5)-road is open for suggestions. It could be a boat with a person to the right, it's just not clear enough to know.
My conclusion is that unless the aliens or the atlanteans used the same hieroglyphics as the old kingdom this was built by Egyptians.
I was looking for clues on how the pyramid was built but found this and thought I would share it. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I am no expert.

Thanks, d8track.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I do not know how I missed this thread back when you first started it.

Great thread and the internal ramp is one of the theories that I do like. Though I think there was more than one technique used I think the internal ramp was used more than likely towards the top, it is really the only place the internal ramp would be best used.

More than likely one block at a time was not place until towards the top, because of the huge workforce, I wouldn't be surprised if between 4-10, possibly more, blocks were placed at a time towards the bottom of the pyramid and once those blocks were place the next ones were ready to be placed, so instead of 1 block every 4 minutes, it would be more like 4-10, or more, blocks every 4 minutes for the lower section of the pyramid, which can have the pyramid built within a reasonable time frame, I don't know about the 20 year time frame being accurate, but using the logic I put forth, it would not totally be out of the question. Eventually you would reach a point where fewer crews setting the blocks would make more since as those crews more than likely would be needed to transport the blocks further up the pyramid, especially since the further you go up, you would need to alternate techniques because the earlier ones would not necessarily be the best choice..

Though I have no proof of the above, it does make sense to me.

As for who made it, it was definitely the Alien Hippos.

Oh and almost forgot S&F of course for a very thought provoking thread.
edit on 7/22/2011 by AlienCarnage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Where do you find all these amazing images?? I've researched this subject exhaustively, or so I thought, and I've never seen half these pictures. Are they video captures?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

They are widely available online just not easily searched for.
Also a friend who has traveled widely.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Nice research. The only problem we have is that Khufu didn't have any record that he built the Great Pyramid. He should be very proud of that accomplishment and will have no qualms putting in record that he is the builder of the Great Pyramid. But alas, there's no record of that.

I know this is an extremely late reply, but I'm just now catching up on Slayer's ATS posts.

Anyway, as to records of building the pyramids and other monuments at Giza, there are the Inventory Stella and the Dream Stella.

Sphinx Stella

Long live The King of Upper and Lower Egypt, Khufu, given life

He found the house of Isis, Mistress of the Pyramid, by the side of the hollow of Hwran (The Sphinx)

and he built his pyramid beside the temple of this goddess and he built a pyramid for the King's daughter Henutsen beside this temple.

The place of Hwran Horemakhet is on the South side of the House of Isis, Mistress of the pyramid

He restored the statue, all covered in painting, of the guardian of the atmosphere, who guides the winds with his gaze.

He replaced the back part of the Nemes head-dress, which was missing with gilded stone

The figure of this god, cut in stone, is solid and will last to eternity, keeping its face looking always to the East'

This implies that the Sphinx was already present at Giza before the Great pyramid was built, which ruins a lot of "accepted" timelines. But it also implies that Khufu built the Great Pyramid. Of course, it could just be an attempt to claim responsibility.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

They were no slave in egypt

the men ( and women ) who build the pyramid where not slave

this was an other era : this was not capitalism, and they were not slave

they were paid

this is far different for the currend point of view about work

work that as in fact disapeared

.....huh?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I honestly think the Egyptians didn't allow Unions

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ef741d6ec81.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Yeah yeah

Funny guy..
I hope you enjoyed the thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That was an awesome response, and it deserved applause. Hehe

I'm enjoying the thread, and your other threads, very much. Still trying to read through all of the replies, arguments, debates, screaming, and gnashing of teeth that follow each one. Hehe.

This may not be the right place to ask this, but....what do you know about the Lost Labyrinth?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join