It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitorI am interested in the distance which remained between the flooded Nile and the base of the Pyramids which must have been used to transport all those blocks true the desert.

The NILE before the Aswan Dam was built flooded the area and would come fairly close the Pyramids at times
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23fb38ee9e51.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6002b115aa34.jpg[/atsimg]

There has been speculation of roads from the Nile to the Pyramids. Now either they have not been found yet or they could have simply been washed away over the many centuries of repeated flooding. Similar to and much like modern roads get washed away from flash floods...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/290a90938329.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
In short, the answer is:....

# The Sphinx aligned with the constellation Leo at 10.500 BC on the vernal equinox

Thanks lil dude,thats why you so cool,i need one more answer before i post the 23rd greatest secret of all time.
do you know what planet is near the constelation of leo?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

I assumed most would understand I was talking about on hard surfaces, such as other stone. You know like maybe a stone ramp with a light incline?

Of course you are not going to move them across the sandy ground without something to keep them from sinking or building up a mound in the front like a snow plow.

Sorry I did not simplify it further.

Raist

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well if they had a ramp it would have been removed a long time ago. Any wooden rollers or wooden tackle would have been used to the point where they were good for nothing more than firewood.

I think the biggest hurtle many may have to get over is that many of the items being questioned might simply not have been found YET. Case in point they didn't know that a Boat of all things was buried next to the Pyramid until fairly recently.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

> That and there is a theory out there that suggests the possibility that the head has been carved down at some point later after an earlier original carving was completed. I ran a crossed it being mention in one of this guy's publications en.wikipedia.org... I can't seem to locate it. Something about perorations between the body and head. The head should be bigger bla bla etc. Didn't pay it much mind until now remembering back what I read a few years ago online about it.

> I'm looking forward to you thread. Please PM me the link to it when you do post it, and we'll carry on this discussion from there.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Note: My last post is in reply to S69's post, posted on 27-3-2011 @ 11:12 AM. Just hit the "reply to" link folks if what I posted sounds irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

# The Sphinx aligned with the constellation Leo at 10.500 BC on the vernal equinox

Thanks lil dude,thats why you so cool,i need one more answer before i post the 23rd greatest secret of all time.

GJ 436c they say. Quote, " GJ 436c, orbits its host star (GJ 436) in only 5.2 Earth days, and is thought to complete a revolution in 4.2 Earth days, compared to the Earth's revolution of 24 hours and full orbit of 365 days. "

Source: www.spacedaily.com... < Check it out. it's the anti anti Christ number.
Sorry i couldn't resist.

You know I couldn't find any pics of the darn thing. Not even from that IR imagery hunk of junk floating around in a polar orbit that was suppose to have made a "Google map of the Universe."

I've been searching for the past 10 minutes or so, and NOTHING. To much of a challenge for this dim star to the west of Leo. So can you locate some GJ 436c pics with your expertise please, and post some links to photos if available? It would be super
if you did.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

The layers of limestone which it is carved out of could be weaker below the neckline than the limestone above it. I can't find any studies on it as of yet, but will keep searching.

Maybe this is what your searching for.

The head and neck of the Sphinx are carved from Member III rocks which have also been divided into two sub-units. The neck of the Sphinx consists of relatively less durable rocks, whereas, the head has been carved from 'one of the most durable limestones exposed at Giza'. The durability of the Member III strata has been cited by others to explain the remarkable preservation of the Sphinx's face and nemes head-dress.

www.gizabuildingproject.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Found some real interesting reading on Egypt if anyone is interested.
Has many pics and drawings.

The Project Gutenberg EBook of History Of Egypt, Chaldæa, Syria, Babylonia, and Assyria, Volume 3 (of 12), by G. Maspero This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and with almost no restrictions whatsoever. You may copy it, give it away or re-use it under the terms of the Project Gutenberg License included with this eBook or online at www.gutenberg.net

www.gutenberg.org...
www.gutenberg.org...
www.gutenberg.org...
www.gutenberg.org...

Many more at link below. Just click on title you want then select HTML

www.gutenberg.org...
edit on 27-3-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

GJ 436c they say. Quote, " GJ 436c, orbits its host star (GJ 436) in only 5.2 Earth days, and is thought to complete a revolution in 4.2 Earth days, compared to the Earth's revolution of 24 hours and full orbit of 365 days. "

Source: www.spacedaily.com... < Check it out. it's the anti anti Christ number.
Sorry i couldn't resist.

You know I couldn't find any pics of the darn thing. Not even from that IR imagery hunk of junk floating around in a polar orbit that was suppose to have made a "Google map of the Universe."

I've been searching for the past 10 minutes or so, and NOTHING. To much of a challenge for this dim star to the west of Leo. So can you locate some GJ 436c pics with your expertise please, and post some links to photos if available? It would be super
if you did.

OH well uncle, now I can start with my thread, but it will be on the *&^%%$$$.I will leave all the pyramid and ancient stuff up to the slayer dude, he’s real good. You wouldn’t believe what I’m about to tell you. You just Wouldn’t.
GREATEST SECRET ever told about the SPHINX ...'and why the ancients were missing home'???????
OH… MY...MOTHER OF ALL LIFE!!!!!!!!! , I’ve been deep in the rabbit’s hole uncle, you WOULDN’T BELIE

Spanish and UCL (University College London) scientists have discovered a possible terrestrial-type planet orbiting a star in the constellation of Leo. The new planet, which lies at a distance of 30 light years from the Earth, has a mass five times that of our planet but is the smallest found to date. One full day on the new planet would be equivalent to three weeks on Earth.

TextBeaulieu, a visiting astrophysicist at UCL, made the discovery from model predictions of a new exoplanet (meaning planet outside our solar system) orbiting a star in the constellation of Leo. Simulations show that the exoplanet, dubbed GJ 436c, orbits its host star (GJ 436) in only 5.2 Earth days, and is thought to complete a revolution in 4.2 Earth days, compared to the Earth’s revolution of 24 hours and full orbit of 365 days. On Earth, a full day (sunset to sunset) coincides quite closely with the rotation period. On the new planet these two periods do not coincide, since the orbital translation period and the rotation period are very similar. For this reason, a full day on the new planet would take four planetary years, or roughly 22 Earth days.

Dang uncle, I just honestly noticed you went to the same thing I did, but in a rush because I was super stoked on the info , I wanted to write it down and then I was going to read the rest of your reply. So in other words you found it for me first. Thanks lil dude, thats why you the bestest, my only friend on earth the immortal one will ever trust....except me cat, I trust my cat, I trust my owl too, I trust the ants, I trust Mr. Joseph the squirrel across the way, I also trust my self ,me. I. and me favorite bestest friend in The universe
Me unc, the greatest debater of all time.HANDS DOWN.
Until the grouch side comes out,you cancers are very moody humans,and thats when me cat is my favorite in the whole world..sorry.'L' but not out loud.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: because i found out that he had found the same information at 9:32 by opening the thingy he gave me

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If I had to make a call on the true builders of the pyramid at this juncture, despite all information presented thus far, I am leaning to otherworldly intervention. (I simply can't resolve the blood, sweat and tears concept.)

These are a few of the extraordinary aspects that form the basis of my conclusion:

- The base is near perfectly square within an inch over approx 13 acres (230.33m square)

- A virtually perfectly centered apex to base

- It's alignment to compass cardinal points are within 1/12th of a degree to due North. (Compass technology did not purportedly appear for another 1,500-2,000 years or so and the Egyptians were not known for their astronomy.)

- The Pyramid lies in the exact center of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters.

- Celestial alignments.

Although I've read several variations on the true origin of the word pyramid, this seems to be one of the most prevalent: The word pyramid is composed of the Greek word "pyra" meaning fire, light, or visible and the Greek word "midos" meaning measures.

Please excuse lack of erudite sources. All just my .02¢

Thanks again Slayer for inspiring creative thought and a couple of sleepless nights.

edit on 28-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The alignment of the Great Pyramid is to "True North". Many architects through the ages have tried to align buildings to True North, even in these times. The MOST accurate? The Great Pyramid in Egypt.

Magnetic north moves, last I recall it's 7degrees off center.... that Center is True North, to which the Great Pyramid is aligned.

Oddly enough the magnetic north... and south have been really on the move in these times. While the Great Pyramid remains True to True North... unless a pole shift happens. Then all bets are off.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

Nice catch. I regret adding the compass reference. The devil is in the details. Thanks for pointing it out without flaming me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I tried to describe for someone what we were actually talking about, while a long Great Pyramid conversation was playing out. Finally I said look... Imagine a 13 square acre base and a structure being built with very heavy blocks. The construction, from a very accurate square and base rises to an apex, where all four sides of the building converge.

That "apex" .. I reminded them.. Is an invisible/virtual "POINT" in the air above them... where the four sides of the structure will MEET.

I then said I'm going to show you how accurate the whole construction is... I took a pen and tapped a piece of paper... "Pinpoint" accuracy. That small "point" on the paper is the mark they hit at the apex... They didn't "miss the mark" and I hope you didn't miss my "point".

It wasn't an argument, mind you, but sometimes it's difficult to "show and not tell" someone something. To reveal what we are actually talking about. The Great Pyramid is a Thorn on the Rose of enlightenment for some lol... Especially Eygptology, which seems to HATE pyramids lol...

By the way... all those Egyptian Pyramids? Not ONE pyramid was a tomb.... As if the Great Pyramid itself wasn't "Empty" when opened. Egyptology is a bloody mess alright... but the Great Pyramid remains.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by spacevisitorI am interested in the distance which remained between the flooded Nile and the base of the Pyramids which must have been used to transport all those blocks true the desert.

The NILE before the Aswan Dam was built flooded the area and would come fairly close the Pyramids at times

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23fb38ee9e51.jpg[/atsimg]

There has been speculation of roads from the Nile to the Pyramids. Now either they have not been found yet or they could have simply been washed away over the many centuries of repeated flooding. Similar to and much like modern roads get washed away from flash floods...

Thanks for the pictures, it’s very clear to me now that the water of the Nile did come indeed quite close to the pyramids during floods.
And regarding what you say about the roads been washed away over the many centuries of repeated flooding, I also think that is very likely.
I am so curious about that all because of the huge amount of blocks they must have been dragged to the building site over land, and especially the very big ones.
But even if they were capable of doing that, even those very big ones, I still do not believe [ amongst other things] that those very big blocks could have been dragged up hill on the internal ramp as well the winding external ramps with the tools they had to their disposal without the use of pulleys as is clearly said here.

A construction management study (testing) carried out by the firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall in association with Mark Lehner and other Egyptologists, estimates that the total project required an average workforce of 14,567 people and a peak workforce of 40,000. Without the use of pulleys, wheels, or iron tools.

en.wikipedia.org...

I cannot believe that the so called Djed, used as a tool for “exterior Djed rope rigging” during building, was at the same time also be ceremonially raised as a phallic symbol symbolising the "potency and duration of the pharaoh's rule”.
I do not know if they ever did found such a device?
Such a tool used for “exterior Djed rope rigging” during building must have been most likely made of wood and could therefore not have been used during dragging those really big 60-80 tonnes blocks uphill because I think it was not strong enough for such extreme operations.

Exterior Djed rope rigging in use...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3665f3267145.jpg[/atsimg]

And it would really surprise me if such a wooden tool could have been used for the smaller ones 1.5 to 4 tons and 15 tons each.

Djed[atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/facc1d5de88a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Djed symbol is a pillar-like ancient Egyptian symbol representing stability. It has been interpreted as the backbone of the Egyptian god Osiris, especially in the form Banebdjedet (the ba of the lord of the Djedet). Djedu is the Egyptian name for Busiris, a centre of the cult of Osiris. During the Renewal Festival, the djed would be ceremonially raised as a phallic symbol symbolising the "potency and duration of the pharaoh's rule".[1] It has been compared to the Sumerian concept of temen. The hieroglyph for "djed" may have given rise to the letter Samekh.

edit on 29/3/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

edit on 29/3/11 by spacevisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the Djed either. So far there hasn't been any evidence from this period of any sort of wooden pulley system found. But I'll direct you back to the Antechamber there we find evidence of some sort of pulley system being used.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10dc0115e315.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/076960ae756a.gif[/atsimg]

Notice the round notches carved in stone?
What else besides a pole would fit into them horizontally?
If the antechamber was just used the one time to lower blocks to seal the "Supposed Kings chamber" then why is there so much wear in it and leading to and fro?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e26d5519b761.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d712b3677a26.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa949961b2d2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Absolutely a star and flag for this thread......it is almost a book and I am sure that anyone interested in the subject is not alone enjoying himself with the info presented but will also appreciate the work and dedication of the OP.

I have not read all the replies so excuse me if the answer to my question is in there somewhere.

My question is.....what about the building tecniques used for those other two pyramids on the Giza plateau? Do these pyramids also have the same inner building features as the biggest pyramid?

I mean,...it is all about the Cheops pyramid but what about those other two? Are there chambers in there, are there hyrogliphs in there? Have anybody found something interesting to report about those two anyway?

It would be logical to assume that the same building tecniques were used to built those two smaller pyramids and maybe by studying them more intensively will give answers about the biggest pyramid.

Can anybody give me a link to more information about those two smaller ones?

edit on 29-3-2011 by zatara because: Needed to correct my spelling...I wrote piramid instead of pyramid

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm not sure about the Djed either. So far there hasn't been any evidence from this period of any sort of wooden pulley system found. But I'll direct you back to the Antechamber there we find evidence of some sort of pulley system being used.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10dc0115e315.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/076960ae756a.gif[/atsimg]

Notice the round notches carved in stone?
What else besides a pole would fit into them horizontally?
If the antechamber was just used the one time to lower blocks to seal the "Supposed Kings chamber" then why is there so much wear in it and leading to and fro?

Very good and interesting that you mentioned this SLAYER69, because one would expect that if they really did have used such a pulley system there, how come for as far as I am right here of course, that there is no information of that such a same sort of pulley system was used before and after the great pyramid was build.
Don’t you find that not very remarkable indeed?

edit on 29/3/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

No, not really. There may not be any evidence before because it was never needed. As far as after? I'm a firm believer in the saying that knowledge is power. For me it's easy to conceive that the Egyptian Priests and in this case the "Engineer" would have guarded his knowledge and kept the "How it works" secret. One could ask has there really been a need to use it again?

Also, this is why I'm excited about the prospect of a yet to be discovered location within the second pyramid of Giza [Khafre's]

Finally there hasn't been any collaborating evidence of this system being used in other locations "YET" New discoveries are coming to light all the time.

Now, let me ask you this. What do you think the "Antechamber" was and how was it used? What were the purpose for the round notches?

It's easy to disagree with it yet what other solutions can we come up with?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
If I had to make a call on the true builders of the pyramid at this juncture, despite all information presented thus far, I am leaning to otherworldly intervention. (I simply can't resolve the blood, sweat and tears concept.)

These are a few of the extraordinary aspects that form the basis of my conclusion:

- The base is near perfectly square within an inch over approx 13 acres (230.33m square)

- A virtually perfectly centered apex to base

- It's alignment to compass cardinal points are within 1/12th of a degree to due North. (Compass technology did not purportedly appear for another 1,500-2,000 years or so and the Egyptians were not known for their astronomy.)

- The Pyramid lies in the exact center of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters.

- Celestial alignments.

Although I've read several variations on the true origin of the word pyramid, this seems to be one of the most prevalent: The word pyramid is composed of the Greek word "pyra" meaning fire, light, or visible and the Greek word "midos" meaning measures.

Please excuse lack of erudite sources. All just my .02¢

Thanks again Slayer for inspiring creative thought and a couple of sleepless nights.

edit on 28-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Although your beliefs about the true origines of the pyramids are a bit to much öut of the box I tend to agree. Also because of the fact that the builders or designer left no clue....You should at least expect some indication if you compare it to the structures the Egyptians have built for sure. The kings are proud of their achievements and everybody should know about them...

It is as if the pyramids have always been there and nobody had a clue where they come from.....The egyptians tried to copy them but never succeeded....that is how these other pyramids came into excistance.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join