It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
This is a great thread !... Again...

This is for me the best explanation as of yet. The pulley system I mean.
The South American people were also geniuses when it came on rope use and there is no reason to assume the Egyptians weren't capable of an equal or even better use...

Very thought provoking. Thank you

See my post earlier, similar pully techniques are used in various part of the world.. Even today, using just wooden pullys they lift tons of weight.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

This is true. I focused on the lesser known aspects.
Until fairly recently I was unaware of the stone ball or even the controversial "Iron"

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Awesome thread Slay,

Why can't they date the bronze hook? Is there a way to date when it became its present state?

Or the piece of iron?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm hoping others would chime in with that information.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I would need to ask you about the complexity,
of this puzzle and the principle, of form follows function,
in relation to the fact most mainsteam academics claim
ancient man didn,t even have a wheel. Yet, how far back
does the chariot go? I'm positive it goes back, well before
the exodus.

I have to ask myself this...

Does one need to have the wheel in order to use a pulley system?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nothing to add except,
Great read.
S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Fine, Since everybody wants an Alien ok here is an Egyptian Alien

Enjoy...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08293841c671.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Oh, now Slayer don't get all butt hurt.

You should 've expected that.

Does one need to have the wheel in order to use a pulley system?

Well I thought the pulley was a wheel.
edit on 19-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As you can tell from the lack of quality it took me like 2 minutes to toss that together.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

My new avatar!

On my back LMFAO.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Damn bro...

what a great thread..

I love reading about stuff like this

S & F my friend!

this thread rocks!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
very interesting however the king wasn't put to rest in the pyramids. the pyramids were eroded by water when their was a pole shift putting them below sea level throughout different earth cycles. they were used for as bunkers for the 'elite' to wait out flooding, solar storms, or the historically documented ancient nuclear wars...

hmmm sounds familiar? it's all a cycle that repeats over and over again. we are just the current 'end' of an era. it's been done before...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I know this isn't as thought out as your post...but, I still think Giants built most of the massive old world structures, and most likely before Noah's flood. Gen 6:1-5 Gives the account of these giants with more later found throughout the Bible.

Even your picture here and hundreds more show sometime is just not right with the size comparisons of these guys...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/facc1d5de88a.jpg[/atsimg]

You know the other pictures I'm talking about....I may make a thread with as many ancient giant pics as I can find here soon.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The first thing we need to do away with is the myth that Egyptians couldn't have done it themselves or that they didn't have rope. I laughed the first time I read that somewhere in a more speculative forum. They showed us how they did things. Not only were they capable of building such awesome creations they excelled at them. Many of their creations are still here to this day. Admittedly all have seen better days. These are the people who built two of the seven wonders of the ancient world

I absolutly agree with you on this point Slayer. Given the time, there is no way man could not, have pulled this off.

The Great pyramid and the Alexandria lighthouse. Which is no longer with us. They used simple tools combined with basic math skills. Seems reasonable to me. Have we found examples of their basic mathematical skills? I may have found an interesting correlation between their known mathematical writing and a possible practical applications. I'll delve into that possibility a bit later.

I have to belkieve the building of the pyramids required MORE than basic math skills. Again this is nothing man isn't capable of.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Awesome thread man. When i was a little jit i wanted to be an archeologist. It was my dream until my pops told me they made 0 money. He pretty much shot that down damn early in my life. I LOVE Egyptian artifacts, Buildings, Culture....They are one of the most interesting races in the world. This was a DAMN good read, S+F for u my man.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Nice thread...though i dont think they built it in any of these ways...i have read a paper by a Mr Aymen ibrahim, and his way of thinking shed new light on the matter of construction...look at his preliminary paper for free below....the main psper deals with the quarry location,...only a portion of the current quarrry was used for khufu, the rest by khafre, the majority of the limestone came from else where, have a read, its a good piece
pyramid construction

MAKE SURE YOU SEE HIS THEORY ON THOSE GRANITE BLOCK THINGYS AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE KINGS CHAMBER, ALSO THE AIR SHAFTS
fascinating theory
edit on 19-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

This is quite possibly one of the most informative threads on the pyramids I have seen to date. You are a third party superstar I tell ya. One heck of a "hobby". The pyramids are very intriguing and I thank you for sharing your findings .

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Very well done.

You've done a great job of showing how these pulley mechanism can be found throughout this research.

Well done!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

I guess I will ask a question instead of just flagging you.

Do you have any idea about the geography of Egypt during the time the pyramids were built? I would assume the geography has changed over the years but you know what happens when one assumes.

I found this picture of from the photo collection of Lord Carnarvon.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

On this next link keep refreshing homepage and you get a new pic

www.gizapyramids.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Slayer, You are Brilliant! Your theory is well thought out and nicely portrayed. The inventiveness of humans will always make future generations wonder.
www.world-mysteries.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I was doing some light reading when i came across the "Egyptian light bulb" hieroglyph at the temple of Dendara. This picture caught my attention. Notice the ball on the head of the figure kneeling. It is supporting or perhaps "guiding" something and it appears to be an odd pulley system perhaps related to your theory. Thanks for an intuitive thread that got me thinking!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Great thread Slayer! Did a turbo once over reading of it. Will definitely read it more thouroughly in the morning when the house is quiet and I can concentrate. I have been fascinated by the pyramids as well. Hope to see them up close and personal someday. Peace s&f

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join