It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Contrary to popular belief, you do have to feed slaves, or they will not work.

Whip them, sure, beat them, sure, kill them, sure, but not feed them, and they will revolt.

Paid workers?

Only a certain degree of people might have been paid.

Like perhaps the Pharoah's engineer and staff.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Slavery : History

Evidence of slavery predates written records, and has existed in many cultures.

Prehistoric graves from about 8000 BC in Lower Egypt suggest that a Libyan people enslaved a San-like tribe.

Slavery is rare among hunter–gatherer populations, as slavery is a system of social stratification.

Mass slavery also requires economic surpluses and a high population density to be viable.

Due to these factors, the practice of slavery would have only proliferated after the invention of agriculture during the Neolithic revolution about 11,000 years ago.

The earliest records of slavery can be traced to the Code of Hammurabi (ca. 1760 BC), for example Hammurabi's Code of Laws stated that death was prescribed for anyone who helped a slave to escape as well as for anyone who sheltered a fugitive.

The Bible refers to slavery as an established institution.

That is of course the definition by Wikipedia and not Webster's dictionary.

A slave depends upon the viewpoint of the person in shackles or imprisonment.

Shackles tend to give way to slavery in every essence of the word.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Slavery : Ancient

Slavery was known in civilizations as old as Sumer, as well as almost every other ancient civilization, including Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, the Akkadian Empire, Assyria, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the Islamic Caliphate, and the pre-Columbian civilizations of the Americas.

Such institutions were a mixture of debt-slavery, punishment for crime, the enslavement of prisoners of war, child abandonment, and the birth of slave children to slaves.

Records of slavery in Ancient Greece go as far back as Mycenaean Greece.

Two-fifths (some authorities say four-fifths) of the population of Classical Athens were slaves.

Aristotle accepted the theory of natural slavery, that is, that some men are slaves by nature, while the Stoics advocated the brotherhood of humanity and the natural equality of all human beings, and consistently critiqued slavery as against the law of nature.

As the Roman Republic expanded outward, entire populations were enslaved, thus creating an ample supply from all over Europe and the Mediterranean.

Greeks, Illyrians, Berbers, Germans, Britons, Thracians, Gauls, Jews, Arabs, and many more were slaves used not only for labour, but also for amusement (e.g. gladiators and sex slaves).

This oppression by an elite minority eventually led to slave revolts (see Roman Servile Wars); the Third Servile War led by Spartacus being the most famous and severe.

By the late Republican era, slavery had become a vital economic pillar in the wealth of Rome, as well as a very significant part of Roman society.

It is estimated that over 25% of the population of Ancient Rome was enslaved.

According to some scholars, slaves represented 35% or more of Italy's population.

In the city of Rome alone, under the Roman Empire, there were about 400,000 slaves.

During the millennium from the emergence of the Roman Empire to its eventual decline, at least 100 million people were captured or sold as slaves throughout the Mediterranean and its hinterlands.

As we define it?

Well, if you're saying as someone on Sex in the City might define it, sure.

I define slavery as forced labor against one's will.

You and I see slavery as a definite difference.

To some, albeit not all, some see the modern work from 9 to 5 as a form of slavery.

I cannot concur with this but I assure you some corporations sure fit that definition.

Especially sweatshops in Shanghai, China, or Human Trafficking where girls are sold into prostitution rings.

I know all about the Mastaba and the evolution of building principles of Ancient Egypt.

So, you're only real difference of opinion, is the definition of defined slavery?

Imhoptep and the Pyramid of Djoser are examples of course of exactly what I'm referring to.

Mathematics, logistics, and slave labor are all a part of my original posts.

Yes, the deforestation was rampant, not just because of Egypt and the pyramids but building triremes.

Building ballistas, siege engines, you name it, is assisted in the deforestation of Africa.

As well as many other sources of lumber through eliminating entire forests in the Middle East.

While some indigenous populace was surely a part of the building process it was minor.

Compared to the warfare and slaves taken in through conquered neighbors far and wide.

Egypt's modern Government is just as responsible for spreading disinformation about a lack of slavery to build the pyramids, just like China is trying to falsely claim there are no bodies buried within the Great Wall of China, just as any Government might try to deny human rights violations in their past, as an example within the Bible entire races were wiped out by the Hebrew nation.

No country within the confies of Earth can state they have never had a hand in that.

But calling "workers" in Ancient Egypt anything other than slaves is an insult like calling Auschwitz a Holiday Inn.
edit on 3/22/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

NO they worked in off seasonal cycles, farmers, according to nile flooding.
Ofc there were slaves, usually from other nations, but the pyramids were unlikely to have been built by a slave network only.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
"Aliens that can bend space and time need giant rocks for a building? As opposed to it reflecting the meglomaniac tendencies of the builder.....someone needs to do more reading......"

how stupid can u be?

where do you buy the flying saucers? are they gov issue or do you make one in your garage?

you gonna go to a planet and just fade out? or use the very fabric of the world you are on?

i would carve mountains on another world, dummy, what is your problem? not enough female toilets?

think.

eta' you know they can bend space and time? of course that is how they got here!

you read!

edit on 22-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?

Never mind,I don't really care....lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

NO they worked in off seasonal cycles, farmers, according to nile flooding.
Ofc there were slaves, usually from other nations, but the pyramids were unlikely to have been built by a slave network only.

So, what you're saying is Egyptian residents were not slaves, but immigrant or migrant workers were?

Rotating shifts, even through cyclical notions counters anything regarding farming, especially slaves.

Egypt was an intelligent society at one time and they saved grains and other foodstuffs.

Of course there were educated builders among those building the pyramids.

Those educated, usually as craftsmen, were either the Pharoah's prized workers, or slaves.

People often captured during warfare and their talents exploited by Egypt.

But alas that is warfare and the winner over the loser one has to suffer in some way.
edit on 3/22/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

There could be any number of reasons why they left it there but failure to move it isn't one of them. That block has 4-5 sides out of 6 cut and ready. That is a huge amount of work. If they wouldn't be able to move it due to size they would cut it in half or smaller pieces and use those. Famine, war, change of leadership etc. are valid theories why it wasn't finished and left there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by tim3lord
still doesnt explain how they covered the entire exterior in solid white marble and how the gold capstone was placed.

There is no evidence that there ever was a gold capstone or that the pyramid was covered in marble...

But, for argument sake if it were covered in marble why would it be so hard to move marble into place? It's a stone and would have been carved and placed just as easily as the Granite or the white limestone.

I'd love to read about the gold capstone.
Could you please provide us a link?

ok not 100% sure about the marble but the gold capstone i have heard about a few times.
i cant link it because i saw it on a documentary about 10 years ago. Google search the great pyramid gold top or gold capstone. there are quite a few theories out there most speak of the gold capstone being stolen hundreds of years ago.

keep in mind some people estimate the Great Pyramid at being far older than 4000 or so years.

i did find this link

library.thinkquest.org...

The pyramid used to be covered in white limestone, with a cap of gold, which probably explains why the name “The Light” was bestowed upon it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
At first I subscribed to the "aliens built the pyramids" theory. However, I've recanted, I now believe they were built by people. Just people that were "alien" to what we think of them.

Our arrogance leads us to believe we are smarter and more advanced than them. However their society was older than ours. I believe they had "different" technology and evolution. But I'm sure they were just as intelligent if not moreso than we are.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Great Pyramid was originally called “The Pillar of Enoch.” In Hebrew the word "pillar" in Isaiah 19:19 is Matsebhah and refers to an object that is erected to commemorate something memorable. “Observe, Enoch, these heavenly tablets, and read what is written hereon, And mark every individual fact.' And I observed the heavenly tablets, and read everything which was written (thereon) and understood everything, and read the book of all the deeds of mankind, and of all the children of flesh.” (1 Enoch 81:1-2) “Yea, I Enoch will declare [them] unto you, my sons: According to that which appeared to me in the heavenly vision, and which I have known through the word of the holy angels, and have learnt from the heavenly tablets.” (1 Enoch 93:1-2) Enoch was the first to decipher the story of the Gospel in the stars and prophetically transferred that knowledge in stone. “I know a mystery and have read the heavenly tablets, and have seen the holy books…” (1 Enoch 103:1)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The pyramids are much older than what we are told. Known history is much older than what we are told. Egyptians(old kingdom) did not build the great pyramids. Who did ??i have no idea and neither do you all(experts) no one can prove it. What the experts say on tv is a complete lie ,infact most information about the age of history or past civilizations are dead wrong. Before the last mother ice age many civilisations existed.. how do you all think gnosis from sumeria and egypt came from. You think egyptians invented what they have ?? everyone here has been lied to and we need to reject everything and start from a clean slate... Its all wrong

edit on 22 Mar 2011 by Hellmutt because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow an excellent thread, by itself a pretty good read. Great job on the graphics for orientation. The internal ramp idea is intriguing. Although alien speculation is fascinating, it pails in comparison to the sheer scale of will necessary, to complete it through manual labor alone.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The study of the Great Pyramid came to a new era with the work of Robert Menzies, of Scotland. He was the first to assert that the Great Pyramid was a treasury of Divinely given wisdom embodying chronological, meteorological, astronomical, mathematical, historical and Biblical truths. He also contended that this storehouse of wisdom remained sealed by Divine appointment, to be revealed to those now living; to whom these truths would bear witness, at a time when they would be most needed.

John Taylor, a mathematician and amateur astronomer, began a study of the measurements of the Great Pyramid. He published his conclusions in 1859 in the book The Great Pyramid: Why was it built? He also believed that the Great Pyramid embodied certain scientific and biblical facts and he questioned whether or not the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid. He believed the builders of the Great Pyramid were divinely inspired. The pyramid contained prophetic time lines that gave important biblical and secular dates. This was the beginning of the field called "Pyramidology". The pyramid was sometimes referred to by the pyramidologists as the Bible in stone.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I also tend to think that they had some way of using water power that we haven't figured out yet. It's easy to forget when you're looking at these things sitting in the dry, dead desert sand, that when they were being built and after, they had a lot of really nice water features built into them. It takes surprisingly little air to get a 20-ton stone to float in water, and it's not like these people weren't incredible experts at manipulating the nearby Nile.

Just a thought. I don't know how it could be accomplished, or what evidence to look for. But I'm not as smart as Imhotep, either.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidasBut calling "workers" in Ancient Egypt anything other than slaves is an insult like calling Auschwitz a Holiday Inn.

What are u talking about ? They were NOT slaves.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Its been common knowledge for a few years now. Stop repeating lies.
edit on 22/3/11 by masqua because: Trimmed Big Quote to relevant bit

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

We have seen this in this thread already. The biggest stone he does is like 7 tons. Stonehenge was 30tons and some pieces at Egypt at 100tons. So no this method is not going to work.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

My favourite water theory isnt water power. It is one possible way they might have levelled the structure. It's geniously simple. Someone said they might have dug a small ditch around the construction site. Then pour water into it and it levels perfectly so they can use that to make sure the base is level.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I think the more amazing thing is how did they get it so level on a sandy surface while making it out heavy rocks. I dont think they had much trouble with the actual working out if it was level or not, that would be a small feat compared to the rest of the stuff done on the pyramids.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just find it hard to believe that these giant structures were built with ropes and pulleys. I don't even believe that half the heiroglyphs are legit. The ancient egyptian pyramids are like a old house: people move in and move out and paint and decorate it how they want. Scholars are afraid to say how old the pyramids are and who really built them, and they weren't aliens. So why would I believe some rope, pulley theory?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draken

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidasBut calling "workers" in Ancient Egypt anything other than slaves is an insult like calling Auschwitz a Holiday Inn.

What are u talking about ? They were NOT slaves.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Its been common knowledge for a few years now. Stop repeating lies.
edit on 22/3/11 by masqua because: Trimmed Big Quote to relevant bit

First and foremost, you had better come up with better sources, than crappy ones.

Prior to calling me a liar or that I am spreading lies.

I've investigated the history in depth and thoroughly vetted my sources of information.

Something I highly doubt you have done at all.

The Guardian is known for spreading lies.

And the BBC will say anything to make political allies or assist political allies.

Egypt has been running disinformation for decades trying to dispell their history.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A lot of great evidence was shown. But entirely flawed....The time span stated in Egyptian hieroglyphs it took to construct the pyramids means a stone needed to be cut, transported, and placed every 7 seconds.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Isn't it on top of bed rock instead of sand? That's the impression I'm under.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join