It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I thought of that too. The thing is, even if we double the amount of years it would've taken it's still an enormous feat of engineering unparalleled by anything. That's assuming that the numbers are all correct in that formula of course which I believe they are.

Like I said, it's mind boggling. There are stones used there that we would have trouble placing today. The granite used on the interior is another study all in and of itself. It's an amazing feat that they accomplished there. This is why people gravitate toward the alien theories and things along those lines.

There seems to be no earthly way of explaining how it was done. I seen a special on a theory about using kites to place the stones. The wind in the desert is more than enough energy to do it and they proved it by lifting huge blocks. I found an article.

Scientists Try to Unlock Mystery of Pyramids - It's one of the world's greatest mysteries — how did the ancient Egyptians build the pyramids? It's as vexing as the riddle of the Sphinx. And the truth is, no one really knows. But amateur Egyptologist Maureen Clemmons has a theory. She thinks the Egyptians may have used kites. "If you look at the top center of every monument, you see wings," Clemmons said. "I think the Egyptians have been trying to tell us in pictures for 3,000 years that this is how they built the pyramids." Kites Lift Tons Her idea? To build a pyramid you harness the desert wind using kites to lift the stones. She got a team of aeronautic engineers form the California Institute of Technology to help her test the theory. "At the beginning, we were ourselves very critical of her ideas, but then we started to think more about it and we said, 'Why not? Let's try it,'" said Mory Gharib of Caltech. The engineers worked out the math and designed a system of nylon ropes and pulleys. Each pulley quadruples the amount of weight a single kite can pull.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The one factor that throws a wrench in most theories, and ironically the factor that many people choose to omit as they present their theories is:

HOW did they transport the massive stone blocks?

The spiral ramp makes the most sense to me in terms of the building process, but you have to think about the stone blocks that were cut so precisely and then moved to the building site. There simply has to be more to it than just a massive work force and an ingenious use of primitive tools. The design and grandiosity is unparalleled by anything else on Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I agree, it is an amazingly complex accomplishment. But I feel that they were in no hurry. If the Pharaoh died before completion, so what? He would have been mummified

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How so?
Please explain how that isn't enough. I've provided in the OP evidence that they had the math, There was evidence of Iron [much better at chiseling limestone etc] they had ropes and they have left us glyphs showing them hauling on sleds much larger and potentially heavier objects. Now are we to simply ignore all of that because a few deem it impossible?

Simply objecting and offering no other realistic theory isn't a very effective or persuasive way of convincing others. I'm sorry but unless it can be shown to be impossible with the remaining items they left behind I think it's very possible.

Let's be reasonable here it just takes time and effort and maybe those who disagree are simply an example of modern man with his TV, Internet and cell phones who have grown way too impatient and cannot fathom an effort that would take decades which required complete devotion to their living God...> Alien or Human
edit on 21-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Thats doesnt explain how they knew so much about the stars that they could of lined them up almost perfectly, they have left us glyphs showing them hauling on sleds much larger and potentially heavier objects. Now are we to simply ignore all of that because a few deem it impossible?

Also " they have left us glyphs showing them hauling on sleds much larger and potentially heavier objects. Now are we to simply ignore all of that because a few deem it impossible? "

Not few deem it impossible - many deem it practically " impossible" not few.

And if we are to take the glyph's serious, they have glyphs showing half man half animals, fair point?

There was also no glyphs showing them actually constructing the pyramids,
why would they not bother showing how they managed to build such massive monuments that would of taken a lifetime ?
After all we have got in the way of "evidence" you would expect a fair portion of the hieroglyphs to actually show them in the process of constructing them as we can all agree they took at the very, very least 20 years.

sorry i reposted this , think you may of missed/overlooked it

Peace

EDIT _ _ Twice i posted this with no reply ?

Can you not give a answer?

edit on 21-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No mummies were found in any of the main 3 pyramids. Only closed resonance cubes mistaken as coffins.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You saying the tunnels out of the great pyramid that line up with stars in the star, were random dig holes to see if there was damage ? That is the most farfetched claim Ive ever seen in Egyptology lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The main sticking point seems to be that they were to dense to cut rocks to size and shape needed and that is is to big a feat of engineering

The Millau bridge is in my eyes a feat of engineering and if I hadn't watched a video on how it was built I would going by you guys on here gravitate towards it being built by aliens and telekineses and that we have been dumbed down to the point of dribbling idiots.

veehd.com...

In that vid (around 24mins) they show good theory on how the stones were cut and placed so perfectly at micchu picchu.
edit on 21-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I respectfully disagree..

Here is an example of them cutting an obelisk by hand which broke and was left in place.
It is as big and heavy [or heavier] than most of the stones found in the Great pyramid...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6faff3dfe6ba.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draken

You saying the tunnels out of the great pyramid that line up with stars in the star, were random dig holes to see if there was damage ? That is the most farfetched claim Ive ever seen in Egyptology lol.

No, I never said that.

A Reading comprehension class may be in order. If you'll notice below the image you even quoted clearly shows a tunnel/passage on the right leading to above the Kings Chamber.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cee5441ed75f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

About what? the fact the main sticking point is they were dense and couldn't work out how to do the work or that the macchu picchu vid has a good theory on how they moved and cut the granite so fine.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I'm very familiar with Machu pichu. It's over in the New world. Thousands of miles and centuries apart from the Egyptian pyramid builders.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

And? They couldn't of worked out the same building techniques? that seems more likely than telekinesis, hovering blocks with sound and aliens.

Researchers estimate that 2.3 million blocks were used to build the Great Pyramid, with an average weight of about 2.5 metric tons per block. The largest block weighs as much as 15 metric tons.

www.egyptgiftshop.com...
Bit shy of 100 tons.....

50 tons – weight of the largest stone blocks used to build Machu Picchu

www.peruforless.com...

Have this pic as well

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

And? They couldn't of worked out the same building techniques? that seems more likely than telekinesis, hovering blocks with sound and aliens.

Researchers estimate that 2.3 million blocks were used to build the Great Pyramid, with an average weight of about 2.5 metric tons per block. The largest block weighs as much as 15 metric tons.

www.egyptgiftshop.com...
Bit shy of 100 tons.....

50 tons – weight of the largest stone blocks used to build Machu Picchu

www.peruforless.com...

Have this pic as well

Im not saying you are wrong however that was the heaviest limestone block at the pyramids?
Not the heaviest granite blocks !

The site you provided for the other one has nothing to do with the picture you posted. It is a holiday site.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have a general statement for this thread not directed at anyone in particular.

It seems far too many people are bickering over the alignment of tunnels, star alignment, and the length of time to build the pyramids, and as well arguing that "aliens" had something to do with the building, so as to build them quicker and or give Egypt some times to extra-terrestrial origins, not to mention all kinds of fictitious nonsense.

While I will respectfully disagree from time to time I have to seriously wonder at people.

Monuments, whether in Egypt, or elsewhere in the world used to take decades to build.

Anyone who has built houses, or done construction in general, and I have, knows how a crew of workers can accomplish things working together, which speeds up the process, but the modern building is different than ancient building processes.

Rocks were carved out by hand, by slave labor, entire races or countries were captured during wars.

And those conquering used those people as slave labor and began building monuments to themselves, or others began doing it to seek approval for their King or Queen, to appease their vanity, this is how power gets, when it is out of control.

Just like stating "aliens" came down and built something power is like history without balance.

The stars were used many, many centuries ago, for navigational purposes.

So that the pyramids were aligned with certain stars is a testament to this very fact.

As homage to their navigational uses and as a tribute to false gods.

This was taught in history class.

Is everything in the history textbooks correct and or free of propaganda?

Of course not.

But some of these arguments and points of contention are just God-damned silly as Hell.

As in my original post on this thread, seen here, I followed Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Egypt very much because they fascinated me.

At age 10 I was reading on these cultures about how they rose and fell into ruin.

I was bringing 10, 20, and 30 library books to the librarian to check out.

On all of these cultures and more.

From the transition of weapons from rocks and sticks and stones to gunpowder on to nuclear missiles.

To building fortifications on hilltops with sticks as early forts on into building castles and pyramids.

As well as utilizing weapons of warfare, siege towers, trebuchets, and tunneling and armaments.

SLAYER69 put a lot of hard work into this thread in the original post and somewhere people got lost.

On wording, on educational differences, on traditional ideas verses alternate theories.

Some of the thing thrown out in this thread are just absurd as Hell.

I have been a conspiracy theorist since I was six years old and I am now currently thirty-seven.

While I certainly drive towards Deny Ignorance at all times I just have to wonder.

It makes me question other people and their education and or lack of it sometimes to be on ATS.

Sorry, I only entertain logical information, anything non-logical, it just makes me laugh.
edit on 3/21/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I dunno, whats the difference between moving a 10 ton block of iron or a 10 ton block of feathers?
Nothing, they both weigh 10 ton.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

How are they dragging that massive block with out aliens, floating it with sound or telekineses? Your saying along with a few other people that rocks that size can't be moved or worked by humans, I'm saying thats crap and am giving you examples of massive blocks being moved. Would you like a video?

And no that's the biggest block (not the picture) at least according to that site and a few others.

This huge square is also almost exactly level. When newly completed, the Great Pyramid rose 146.7 m (481.4 ft)—nearly 50 stories high. Researchers estimate that 2.3 million blocks were used to build the Great Pyramid, with an average weight of about 2.5 metric tons per block. The largest block weighs as much as 15 metric tons.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

No thanks no matter what you say i am going to stick to my opinion,
just as i have absolutely no chance in changing your opinion you will not change mine,

I just cannot be bothered going around in circles any-more which is what we are doing nor will i take comments " not aimed any anybody in-particularity " when they blatantly are aimed at certain people , suggesting for one example a lack of education, or knowledge.

I gave my opinions and with the lack of ""evidence"" i cannot support my theory any-more than i did,

I already said the OP was excellent, but i dis agree with it, we had a debate, Done . Simple

It was a great thread with lots of info supporting both pros and cons.

So thanks OP, I Agree that we Dis-agree.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Sorry, I only entertain logical information, anything non-logical, it just makes me laugh.

2.5 million stones in the great pyramid.

20 years equates to roughly 10.5 million minutes

20 years x 365 = 7,300 days

7,300 days x 24 hours = 175,200 hours

175,200 hours x 60 minutes = 10,512,000 minutes =

1 stone every 4.2 minutes ...24/7/365 for 20 years straight non stop.

Using this formula, what do you think is a reasonable time for quarrying, cutting and placing one stone? Would you give them an hour? Would you give them all day?

Is this formula non logical or is it logical and therefore can be entertained by yourself?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by johngtr

I dunno, whats the difference between moving a 10 ton block of iron or a 10 ton block of feathers?
Nothing, they both weigh 10 ton.

That had nothing to do with what i was asking you , not even a little bit

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

2.5 million stones in the great pyramid.

20 years equates to roughly 10.5 million minutes

20 years x 365 = 7,300 days

7,300 days x 24 hours = 175,200 hours

175,200 hours x 60 minutes = 10,512,000 minutes =

1 stone every 4.2 minutes ...24/7/365 for 20 years straight non stop.

Using this formula, what do you think is a reasonable time for quarrying, cutting and placing one stone? Would you give them an hour? Would you give them all day?

Is this formula non logical or is it logical and therefore can be entertained by yourself?

Just like to add that they were also farming for around 6-9 months a year too, and they had to sleep zzzz

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join