It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
Right i officially give up on this subject.

I have given my point of view and opinions.

I am being " selectively" quoted, with partial parts and not my full statements.

If you want to know more on this just read ALL ( EDIT - Must Stress ALL ) the posts not selective quotes.

Also i posted 4 short videos on Page 6 showing Nassim Haramein , giving a seminar on part of his "theory" on the pyramids, which i strongly agree with.

There are more than 50 other videos about Pyramids on youtube for example showing his seminars. They are very interesting if you have a "OPEN MIND".

Good luck on your thread, I have enjoyed it , although it is rather late now and i must get some sleep,

Peace

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit

hey man, i liked the vids!~

some "stand-up" archeology! lol.

i agree with him a lot but had some "hmmm" moments in the last vid. no prob.

but hey! i don't buy 20yrs, 100ks people, (throwing bodies at something will just mess it up)

animal power, lol, hippos. floating megaton blocks, ramps. that's all i'll mention.

and i'm not talking about the "iffy" stuff.

and just knock out a wonder of the world, guys!

to slayer, nice op and great discussion! i know that some of what i mentioned above was not yours so

no offence, i just can't see it happening like that.

i did mention the casing and cap stone tho.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You people are focusing way to much on hippos they had other animals bulls come to mind as I showed in one of my previous links.

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

After that hippos don't sound so far fetched

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepainweaver
reply to post by artistpoet

One thing I've found quite odd, regarding the sonic levitation idea, is that either the king's or queen's chamber (can't remember) was said to be tuned (or off by a minuscule degree) to perfect A440 pitch.

As far as "pouring" the stones, there is a major difference between limestone and cement. Limestone, what the blocks are said to be made out of, is bedrock that takes hundreds of thousands of years to form. Any geologist that has visited the pyramids would be laughed out of his/her profession to misinterpret limestone. Also, think about how relatively quickly a synthetic concrete weathers, just in our lifetime. The Egyptians would have needed a very special "family concrete recipe" in order to last this long.
edit on 20-3-2011 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

www.timesonline.co.uk...

"Until recently it was hard for geologists to distinguish between natural limestone and the kind that would have been made by reconstituting liquefied lime."

its not just something i came up with fyi. there is serious consideration to the theory that the blocks were in fact poured in place.

why does this upset people ? does it cheapen the efforts somehow to build these monuments ? are we so arrogant to assume we know 100% for certain that its not possible ?

like i said before, most times the most easiest solution is the likely one. so whats more likely, that a thousand slaves pulled massive stones for miles with no wheel and few trees for 30 years... or that they simply used some technique we dont understand today to pour rocks in place like a cement

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

i wanted to leave this for now- -

He mentions copper when speaking about cutting rock, even if they had iron , it could not cut rock as they are cut, if you watch the rest of the video , one of the pyramids is nearly 9000 years old, what did they use then , there is no way they had iron then.

Same with pulleys anyway , even if they had pulleys which in your op are wooden correct?? they would not take the strain of blocks of stone that heavy.

Where did they get lumber from? in a desert they were not exactly sailing into Europe to get it where they?>?

Doesn't require more than those things you mentioned no ... but that would take more than 20 or 30 or 50 years to carve them out wouldn't it, When they are farming for 9 months of the year thats some intensive workload

Edit, - With there " hammers and chisels" they must of been excellent, excellent sculptors to have such a small, nearly perfect error tolerance for the blocks to line up. Everyone of them, And centred within a half inch or so. Perfect Engineering and construction

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit

they woulda had to use pulley's made from cross sections of oak or sequoias to hold the ropes and not break so often.

and to safely lift that much weight for a day or week or year!

ever get stressed animals together? like horses, camels, hippos or elephants? on a ramp, pulling tons of rock with 100's of people around, yelling stuff?

i wouldn't want to be there with sheep!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Where the heck would they get a cross section from of all things an oak tree, in the desert lol

i dont believe it could support say a 70 ton piece of granite anyway, , if you have any videos of somebody doing that ill take a look

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Source for weights please.

www.indyarocks.com...
Now scale that up.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by fooks

You never know. Has anyone raised hippos from birth? they also had other animals that could of been used.

i figured you might say that, i thought about it.

but no, i highly doubt it. they live in water.

maybe pulling boats.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

I asked about granite not limestone - and i commented before you edited your post.

2nd line - im really getting tired i will carry on debating tomorrow when i can think straight its 3.10 am here, so...

Peace

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

i posted that before i read your post.

then i read a whole page about hippos to my horror!

we on the same page bro!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Where the heck would they get a cross section from of all things an oak tree, in the desert lol

i dont believe it could support say a 70 ton piece of granite anyway, , if you have any videos of somebody doing that ill take a look

Peace

IF u were going to use wood, common dude!

kassim said they would have had to go to europe!

besides, i think oak is strong enough and big enough circum. sequoias might be overkill.

iron wood but that is in south america.

no evidence.

eta! i don't know how to make a pully out of wood.

so use plenty of salt.

edit on 20-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The glyphs and reconstruction pictures came from other pyramids, not the Great Pyramid, so can you start over as to how they built the great pyramid; the glyphs and reconstructions didn’t come from the great pyramid, it came from how they built the other pyramids.
‘The great pyramid was the only pyramid with no writing and no glyphs of any sort’

TextThe Egyptians left us some hieroglyphics showing how they moved large objects. With simple manpower and ropes while using some sort of lubrication. It wouldn't be that hard to imagine them using this basic technique on the smaller pyramid stones.

The Great Pyramid of Giza was the only pyramid that was built by mass telekinesis, and the ancients talked only with there mind 'telepathy; it was a period around the world in which all humans possessed this great power of the mind. It was a period of time in which humans around the world had not developed language, writing or drawings, or any of the mortal aspects of intelligence that is seen today. This is why the pyramid of Giza was the only pyramid constructed with no writing any glyphs any drawings inside like the others.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Interesting perspective.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You do know the bigest block is
1000 tons?
there is no way we can do that to day!

How did they do that?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Where exactly is this 1000 ton stone located?
I would like to see it.

Have a link?
edit on 20-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yep you guys seriously need to provide some sources for your weights.

50 tons to 1000 tons that's a big gap.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Dear All at ATS,

I think it is about time we all chucked in a couple of dollars to fund a Slayer 69 show on Nat Geo, History Channel or even Sci Fi (hate their latest name?)

Slayer,

The biggest accolade I can give is that I am about to sip a glass of Lagavulin in your honour.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
You do know the bigest block is
1000 tons?
there is no way we can do that to day!

How did they do that?

The largest were 70 tons and they were granite beams.

The larger stones found in Egypt were Obelisks and they weren't near 1000 tons but in the hundreds of tons which for someone to spout out theories on how they were cut and 'levered' out of bedrock with man power is living in a fantasy world considering modern technology struggles immensely with such sizes. (I think there are a very few special stationary cranes that lift ~500 tons today).

I'll write a very detailed and lengthy post tomorrow but I must go to sleep I have medical classes first thing in the morning.
edit on 21-3-2011 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

The reply is appreciated. Get some sleep and good luck with your studies.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

so how long did it take them to build it? werent they made in 40 years? that possible?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by buddha

Where exactly is this 1000 ton stone located?
I would like to see it.

Have a link?
edit on 20-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I believe that one is in bosnia or something. Not pyramid stuff. I think it's the biggest known block so far but can't remember the name atm.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join