It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 10
229
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas
 


Ok then how many hippo's does it take?

Would it take?? to move realistically 50+ ton granite blocks?

Can people train hippos?

Hippos kill more people than lions every year in Africa, They wouldn't be the safest animals to carry stones over 300 miles now would they?




"" Giza: 50+ ton Granite stones transported over 300 miles from Aswan. """

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...




edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: punctuation




posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
reply to post by lonegurkha
 


As great as all the wood theories sound. It would of been harder for the Egyptians to get all this so called wood for the ramps and pulleys then it would be to get the stone. Plus we have no evidence of Egyptians cutting any wood anywhere.



PSSSssst....


Over here...

They cut, used and shaped wood all the time...


Boat Found Buried next to the Great Pyramid...


Other depictions of using wood



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken
 


Maybe but they could of used a number of different animals it doesn't have to be elephant or hippo.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Okwell you now need to add how long it would of taken to chop down the amount of wood needed for all parts of the process and how long it would take to build the " machines"

That throws the time frame off even more



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepainweaver
Sonic Levitation is an interesting concept, but one would think there would be something left over from its use, had the Egyptians used it, i.e., a machine written about in texts/hieroglyphs, or something recovered from the archaeological record.


What if the pyramids themselves were the devices ? They were obviously not tombs. Perhaps they built the smallest pyramid with ramps and then used the pyramid somehow in the creation of the other bigger pyramids and other structures.

The pyramids are located on one of the famed 'World Grid Spots', which is basically energies moving through our magnetic field caused by solar particles hitting our magnetic field from space and the sun. But at these spots it seems the energy is higher. Such spots are also reported at Stonehenge and up the INCA trail.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr
 



The hippopotamus, though often depicted as a slow and lumbering or even cute creature, is actually a huge and deadly animal that is capable of killing a human without much effort. Once indigenous to Egypt, the hippopotamus was feared and revered for its physical strength and its supposed spiritual powers. The word hippopotamus comes from the Greek for “river horse”, and this is a pretty accurate description of the impressive animal. The hippopotami that once lived in Egypt spent their days swimming in and grazing along the banks of the Nile River, the life blood of the Ancient Egyptian civilization. Read more at Suite101: The Hippopotamus in Ancient Egypt: Cultural Influence of the Hippo on the Egyptians


www.suite101.com...

Ok so they may not of used hippos dosen't rule out other animals though and how am I supposed to know how many hippos it would take to move a N weight granite block? when we don't even know how they moved them. dragging the block over the ground is going to need more hippos than dragging it over rollers.
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Draken
 


Maybe but they could of used a number of different animals it doesn't have to be elephant or hippo.


What animal? I cant think of any animal that was in range of them to use that would of worked. You have to remember that our current history of Egypt said they had no contact with other civs, so its not like they were trading or anything. If you didn't have something, you had to get it yourself.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken
 


What animals do you think they had?

Edit - Will be interesting to see your response and to see if you can answer your own question.
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken
 


I dont think its any coincidence that most unexplainable deeds and occurences happen on lei lines!



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by johngtr
 



The hippopotamus, though often depicted as a slow and lumbering or even cute creature, is actually a huge and deadly animal that is capable of killing a human without much effort. Once indigenous to Egypt, the hippopotamus was feared and revered for its physical strength and its supposed spiritual powers. The word hippopotamus comes from the Greek for “river horse”, and this is a pretty accurate description of the impressive animal. The hippopotami that once lived in Egypt spent their days swimming in and grazing along the banks of the Nile River, the life blood of the Ancient Egyptian civilization. Read more at Suite101: The Hippopotamus in Ancient Egypt: Cultural Influence of the Hippo on the Egyptians www.suite101.com...


www.suite101.com...

Ok so they may not of used hippos dosen't rule out other animals though and how am I supposed to know how many hippos it would take to move a N weight granite block? when we don't even know how they moved them. dragging the block over the ground is going to need more hippos than dragging it over rollers.



Exactly my point,

You guys really should check out the videos i posted on page 6 , just listen to them in a different window if you dont want to watch them. And check out his other stuff on the Pyramids, It just makes sense.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr
 


How so?

Have you worked in construction? [Not that that would matter]
I'm just saying it wouldn't have required as much wood as you may think is all.

I'll defend the possible 20 year scenario but who said the Ancient Greek got the time frame right? AND does that really matter? How about 25 years or even 30 years?

The Pyramids exist

They didn't just sprout from the ground.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
where is it carved in stone that whoever built the pyramids would not, could not, should not use cement? talk about saving time! we are to believe they also quarried out perfectly shaped and fitted blocks every six minutes? god help me, is this the origin of the term "block-head"? the people used limestone hearths. heat + limestone = basic cement. what's the problem? no ET's necessary. just spill some water on the burned hearth dust and think.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Draken
 


What animals do you think they had?

Edit - Will be interesting to see your response and to see if you can answer your own question.
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)


The fact is that even elephants could not do the task, and they are the strongest land animal, so any other large mammal would be null-void.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boxturtle
where is it carved in stone that whoever built the pyramids would not, could not, should not use cement? talk about saving time! we are to believe they also quarried out perfectly shaped and fitted blocks every six minutes? god help me, is this the origin of the term "block-head"? the people used limestone hearths. heat + limestone = basic cement. what's the problem? no ET's necessary. just spill some water on the burned hearth dust and think.


Because they can analyze the rock and work out what its made of. And its not man made rock from any sort of cement. Its natural rock.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boxturtle
 


The macchu picchu ancient mega structures episode has a good section on how they managed to get such well fitted blocks, why do people think it's not possible to get such a good fit? and why are we believing an estimate on how long they took to build and the speed they lay the blocks?




The fact is that even elephants could not do the task, and they are the strongest land animal, so any other large mammal would be null-void.


So because you think an elephant can't drag the blocks (any evidence?) you will throw out the suggestion about animal labour with out even thinking about it with pulleys or rollers involved?

You never answered my question either, you do know at least some of the animals they had right?
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

---------Thread Advisory-------



A simple reminder that a heated debate and or discussion is encouraged and welcomed but let's keep it civil.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr
"" Giza: 50+ ton Granite stones transported over 300 miles from Aswan. """

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...



They supposedly floated them down the Nile on barges similar to how the Olmec floated those Giant Stone heads over in Central America...



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by boxturtle
 


The macchu picchu ancient mega structures episode has a good section on how they managed to get such well fitted blocks, why do people think it's not possible to get such a good fit? and why are we believing an estimate on how long they took to build and the speed they lay the blocks?




The fact is that even elephants could not do the task, and they are the strongest land animal, so any other large mammal would be null-void.


So because you think an elephant can't drag the blocks (any evidence?) you will throw out the suggestion about animal labour with out even thinking about it with pulleys or rollers involved?

You never answered my question either, you do know at least some of the animals they had right?
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)


"The strongest animal on land in terms of absolute strength is likely the African Bush Elephant, whose weight can range up to 13 tons, and whose carrying capacity is at least 5 tons"

Hippo`s are one of the largest animals in the region, doesn't matter what other animals they had access to, nothing had the power. Like ive said many times, only animal that could even come CLOSE, is an elephant, and that is not even that close. Like my quote says, only 5 tons.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


I always liked the concrete theory in how the pyramids where constructed..

www.newswise.com...

web.mit.edu...

Personally I think they are giant left over bomb shelters. For one they are huge, like a man-made mountain. Which would you rather hide out in, in the event of a pole shift/magnetic shield failure; an underground facility that could crush you if an earthquake hits or an above ground solid structure that has many of the benefits of an underground structure but has less of a risk of it caving in on you.



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Too bad a group of engineers tried this and the barge began to sink. Plus if you want to believe that, then the nile would of had to been closer to the pyramids, which was only 10k years ago. And not the 2k the textbooks teach us.



new topics

top topics



 
229
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join