It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of Jesus' lost years from the Nativity down to his ministry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
it's weird, 18 years of Jesus life is missing, I've heard two theories, one where he was educated in the Library of Alexandria when his family escaped Herod's mass killings of children, and another one where he went to India, does anyone have an insight on this?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Although there is no information for that time in his life, it is quite possible he may have simply lived as a man of his times, meaning getting married and having children. Which is something the people in India claim he was when he 'allegedly' arrived there.

The missing years are his young man stage in life, late teens to early 30's, when a man marries, has kids and works his butt off to afford to live. It was no different back then.

Perhaps the timing of his "Ministry" coincided with the invasion and occupation of Rome, which may also make him an Activist and possible freedom fighter (?)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Hi there, it's not completly missing. Google gosple of Thomas and you will learn some stories of jesus. it's not completly lost, it's just not given to you in the bible, you have to search for it. You also may be interested in the gosple of philip and the gosple of Mary magdalane( gnostic texts) and the codex sinicitus. Good luck!
edit on 19-3-2011 by freeyourmind1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This should answer your questions.
www.urantia.org...
I believe it covers the rest of his life that was left out of the bible.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

My thread on the subject...

I don't know if its true but there are some that say this text is about jesus in those years

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Through the years I have read many rumours about Jesus' life up until His ministry including gnostic works.

There is no real knowledge or acurate written historical evidence of what He did. There is endless speculation.

But remember not to get led off the main track. Paul and the apostles warned us about gnostic distortions. I have read all of the extra gospels and gnostic texts and some of them are downright blasphemous. Yes, they were written in antiquity, but that doesn't make them right. The only safe Scripture is what has been written in The New Covenant.

As for Mar's Gospel, it is a total distortion and did not come from Mary atall. It is one of the nastiest of gnostic distortions of Christ's Teachings. Trust Peter, Paul, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John and the other composers of the New Covenant. They have The Lamb's seal upon them! They are His Holy Apostles.

Peace!

HOTA

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

What about the rest of the texts that were written in or around that time?

The Apocalypse of Peter
The Apocalypse of Paul
The Aquarian Gospel of Christ
Christian Reincarnation: The Long Forgotten Doctrine
The Gospel of the Egyptians
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene.
The Gospel of the Nativity of Mary
The Gospel of Nicodemus
The Essene Gospel of Peace
The Gospel of The Perfect Life / Holy (12) Twelve
The Gospel of Philip
The Gospel of Thomas
The Gospel of Truth
The Lost Doctrines of Christianity
The Lost Gospel of Peter
The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel
The Lost Years of Jesus
The Treatise on the Resurrection

Just to name a few...

Would you say they hold no truth in them?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

The family lived in Egypt for a longtime since a baby in the town of Nazareth. That is why most people say it didn't exist they were looking in the wrong place. After discovering in Bible dictionary that Jesus real name was Yoshua or Yeshua, I asked the Vice President of Gidion Bible Group. And he said the book in the Bible in the old Testement , Joshua was a story about Jesus and put in the wrong place. That is why many said he word be a worrior. I think there is more about his life in Egypt that has been hidden by the Church.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hi!

I read most of those works you list. The Gospel of Peter is I dare say the real thing and many of those works have a truthful account, like the gospel of Thomas also. But there are some works there I would not trust.

There were at that time many writings concerning Christ. I think after reading it is easy to spot because all the true works have exactly the same message, but there are some that are totally alien as a concept, like the gospel of Mary. I do believe that that was a particularly gnostic text and did distort the Message. It is not atall Hebrew Scripture, but more like arabic mysticism. There were even gnsotic texts that condoned sexual immorality. The Nicolaitans were a particularly powerful gnostic sect who even Christ warned of in His Letters to The Seven Churches at the beginning of Revelations.

I think if you read The Main New Covenant then read the other texts then it becomes easy to discriminate between the harmonious Message of The Gospels and falsifications.

Blessings!
HOTA

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

His missing years were some of the best imo.

A few people talk about what happened in those years, Tricia Mcannon had access to the Vatican archives and has written a book from all her research. The book is here... www.amazon.com...
There is a really great coast to coast interview which sums up the book real nicely I'd recommend you give that a listen as she gives a summery of all his missing years in the interview and you could then decide if its worth getting the book or not. Here is it...

Another book that is turning out to be really accurate(apart from a few small details) as more is revealed about his life is the aquarium gospel which was transcribed from akashic records. www.therealpublicradio.net... Its more about what he actually taught so is better for spiritual reading but is does also talk of his journeys through places like India and Nepal and Egypt, yet focuses more on what was taught in those places. From reading how opposed Jesus was to formal churches and priests its obvious why these teachings got excluded from the bible and suppressed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

read The Urantia Book...it relates the whole story.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by houseoftheangels
reply to post by Leemo

There is no real knowledge or acurate written historical evidence of what He did.

Just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean the knowledge isn't there.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If it deviates from his narrow sect then it has to be "evil twisting by the gnostics"....... his branch of Christianity is the one that has it all right, the other 22,000 are wrong and so are anybody else who disagrees with them.

There is a quote that goes something like......

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"

- Stephen Hawking

I think ill make that my new sig I like that quote.

edit on 19-3-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

In reply I would say that all the gospels are witnessing certain events. Most of them say the same thing. However, that cannot be said about accounts of His earlier life.

There is even a long standing legend of Christ visiting The West Country here in the UK with Joseph of Arimethea, who they say was a Merchant and imported tin from England to Judea/ Palestine.

The Old tin miners, when refining the tin at the moment when a flash occurs as the tin sperates, used to shout "Joseph was a tinner!". Also, in Freemasonry ther is a belief that Joseph of Arimethea was at Glastonbury and headed a community of believers there. Many many legends, but they cannot be proven. They could be true, but we do not know. Though it is good to speculate because many a truth has surfaced from the reserach of enquiring minds. However, there is the important part which is the whole meaning of His life that should not be demoted to the realms of speculation.

I was just warning that at that time there were some who were deliberately trying to twist a certain truth and that certain texts written by these have been discovered and are in circulation today. They had the power to decieve then and they still do. Tales were told then, much like Dan Brown's writing today; fiction and distortion.

Events really did take place then. There are both acurate and inacurate accounts recorded about those events. With something as important as Christ we should be careful to not allow deception to enter because decetion would like to enter there more than anywhere else.

Thanks for keeping me thinking there. Guys, I am really impressed by many people here, who are so willing to think and encourage others to do so and I do particularly admire my American brothers and sisters for there enthusiasm and intellect. So many people here In britain have forgotten how to think! A shame. I am enjoying so much the stimulus here.

Respect!
HOTA

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Oh, I wanted to add one more thing that is very controversial in the US. But the Nag Hammidi text that was discovered in Egypt in 1945, said the Jesus and Judah were twin brothers. My father had a Doctors Degree in Theology and told me years ago that the Bishops in Rome had a hard time desiding to if there should be 2 massiahs or just one. That was the Nicene Council. In India, they worships Judah as the Massiah rather than than Jesus. My dad would say if he told what he learned in College the Church would kick him out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
it's weird, 18 years of Jesus life is missing, I've heard two theories, one where he was educated in the Library of Alexandria when his family escaped Herod's mass killings of children, and another one where he went to India, does anyone have an insight on this?

Well, when you set about to invent a person, it is very hard to account for every single day, or even every year. Think of how long it took the Roman scribes to write the New Testament by hand, several times over. Must have been a tremendous operation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by houseoftheangels
reply to post by Leemo

Trust Peter, Paul, Mathew, Mark, Luke and John and the other composers of the New Covenant. They have The Lamb's seal upon them! They are His Holy Apostles.

Peace!

HOTA

All of the 'books' quoted here were written 40 or 60+ years after Jeshua's alleged death. Which makes the alleged writer's men who lived well into very old age, possibly beyond 100 years, which is nowhere near the normal life expectancy of anyone in those times. Hence we MUST consider these books were not written by those claimed names, but some other people in the couple of hundred years before the conversion of Emperor Constantine to the fledgling Christian Church.

In "Jesus the Man".. forgot the author's name right now.. we get a far more effective insight into the Times and the Culture Jeshua lived through. And from this we can understand that Jeshua may well have been Gnostically minded due to the company he kept, the underground movement during the Occupation by Rome with its system of understanding called Pesher where simple words could be heard simply by those who don't understand Pesher while those who do understand it would hear different/secret information... and, a more simple understand of Marriage in that Time in that Culture.. which easily explains the alleged 'Virginity' of Mary as being only an early phase of Hebrew Marriage prior to Mary birthing a Son to Joseph despite her already having daughters and an older son names James.. to an earlier husband. This is the only way it is possible for Jesus to have an older borther "James" and for Mary to still be considered a Virgin until Jeshua's birth

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
the Nag Hammidi text ......said the Jesus and Judah were twin brothers.

When I read it I thought that was a metaphor, I quite can't remember what for now its been a while, but like much of the bible it was deeply metaphorical/encoded and held a different meaning to the literal interpretation that they were actually twins.

But even still the metaphor would probably be considered even more controversial lol!
edit on 19-3-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

Joseph of Arimathea was, in fact, Jesus' maternal great-uncle, and one of the wealthiest men of his time. Jesus could well have travelled with him on business trips. There is evidence that Jesus was known in the Parthian Empire.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

I think the answer to the alleged mystery is fairly straightforward.
Little is recorded about these years because those are the years when nothing much was happening.
"He increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man". That was it- nothing much more to say.

If I see a blank page in an old diary of mine, I don't assume that this was the time when I went on a long journey to strange and exotic places. Instead, my thought is "obviously nothing much happened that day".
Part of my reasoning is that if I had started on anything exciting that day, I would have thought it worth recording.

Similarly, if Jesus had been travelling and living in distant lands in his youth, that is precisely the kind of thing which would have been remembered and mentioned in the gospels.
The gospels mention two journeys during the childhood of Jesus. There is the escape into Egypt, and there is the trip to Jerusalem where he appeared to get lost. Why are these journeys mentioned? Because they were the only memorable incidents in what was outwardly an uneventful life.
That's the common-sense answer to the "lost years" theory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join