It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a fake survival scenario..............

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the emergency broadcast system has just been activated,
you are within the 50 mile evacuation radius.
you have to go now, no time for anything but grabbing your bugout bag and family.
highways, trains and airports are filling up.
can't stop for anything, gas, groceries, nothing.....ziltch....nada.

how prepared are you?
where are you going and how?
how much food and water is in your bugout bag/vehicle?
how much gas is in the tank?

ok, i think you get the idea, what is your situation?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

That's a good one!!!

I have no extra resources atall, nor can I afford them, don't have an automobile either. I would just have to cycle away with a tent and a bottle of water, or maybe even be self sacrificing and stay with the elderly people to comfort them!!!

the martyr mentality; not very good at self-preservation, haha!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

or, for so many in a similar situation there may be times we wish we could trust our government to help.
national guard evacuations etc.......

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I put all my important papers(birth cert. s.s. card etc.) in ziploc baggie climb i my mummie bag zip up and wait for them to find me,

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
me, if the road is clear, all i nee to do is start the rv and go.

at least 2 weeks worth of food and water, weapons etc......
if i'm down to my bugout bag i'm good on foot for 5 days before i need to replenish water and food.
depending a bit on things like heat and distance though.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Grab the camping box with all our supplies, couple sleeping bags, daily medication, throw all the dry goods quickly into bags (and the bag of dog food), grab giant jugs of water, and jump in the good ole cherokee... (oh and a couple of Hot Wheels for the little guy)
We usually don't let our gas tanks get below 3/4, so we should be ok as far as that goes.
OHH and a new pair of undies, cause I'd be sh****** mine!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

nice, not bad. worth a pat on the back.

now, to add to the op.

imagine you are in the middle of the 50 mile radius.
what type of terrain do you need to cross. how long is you eta to safety?

for me, i'm in an urban area not far from a city.
i could hit i-40 within 10 minutes, but if the city is emptying out i'd surely want to go the other way.
2 lane paved curvy road.
in the rv i'd be out of the zone in about an hour.

edit on 19-3-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
as of this second. i could be out of here in ten minutes. two fishing rods and tackle stay under the back seat of the van, which has a full tank of gas, as does one of my machetes, some clothes, a first aid kit, a case of water, a blanket and several cans of food. the ten minutes would be to grab the extra water and food, that is already boxed up and ready to go, our BOBS, my other machete and "walking stick". and with all the travel i've done for work, i know all the back roads to get well enough away the the evac zone, after about 10 minutes of driving i should rarely see another person. so... i think i'm alright...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

i wanna' believe you, really i do.
it's your handle that's got me.
i'm imagining an 85 year old man stooped over the steering wheel doing about 20 mph.
i think i just blew by you in my 20 foot rv.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to add the guns/ammo. Hubby is a hunter, so we're well stocked as far as that goes. FISHING equipment too, cause hopefully we'd end up at some mountain lake somewhere away from it all, and a small box of tackle.
As for ways to get away from here, if there was a 50 km radius? We have quite a few different directions we could go. There are alot of mountain roads too, if the main routes were too busy, and our vehicle is a 4x4, so we could take some crazy fun ways out of here! May as well make it enjoyable if its the end of the world as we know it!

Edited to add: TENT
edit on 19-3-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
grab my gun and hijack the first dip# i came in contact with, then head for the airport where i hijack the first private corporate jet to a safer distance away, then go man handle everyone i came in contact with until i got everything i needed to sustain comfortable survivability

thats why its called "survival"....lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
grab my gun and hijack the first dip# i came in contact with, then head for the airport where i hijack the first private corporate jet to a safer distance away, then go man handle everyone i came in contact with until i got everything i needed to sustain comfortable survivability

thats why its called "survival"....lol

in other words, my dog bites you as you come threw the door.
i point my .45 at your head and kick you back out the door once we get up to cruising speed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

only in your imagination

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Accept that I'm screwed, then grab my knives and load my back pack with some usefull stuff and bike out of here. After that I head away. With any luck I will be able to survive the initial chaos, then I'll find an abandoned home, grab some supplies and hunker down in the woods, I can survive for a little while in the woods and after a week or two, I would come out of hiding (kinda) to see what was happening, then I would adapt to the situation. When I have more money I will prepare better, but I am way to broke (total cash supply is about $150)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
you have to go now, no time for anything but grabbing your bugout bag and family.

how prepared are you?

We have a 33' Winnebago that sits stocked with food and 60 gallons of fresh water (freshwater tank)
It is full of gas (60 gallons and LP) with about 600 - 700 mile range

So we have shelter, food, water, firearms, cloths & alternate communications (CB & shortwave)

Our Bug out vehicle would make it fairly easy to get by and evacuate.

Highways wouldn't be an issue here since the town only has 14,000 people and nearest city is 90 miles away.
edit on 20-3-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would turn the T.V off. Get a bottle of whiskey and a box of cigars out the cabinet. Climb up on my roof and wait for the halo.

Who'd want to live in a post appocalyptic world anyway?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

I would turn the T.V off. Get a bottle of whiskey and a box of cigars out the cabinet. Climb up on my roof and wait for the halo.

Who'd want to live in a post appocalyptic world anyway?

I would with my family.

You sould change your wording to "who wants to live" period...

. Pre or post apocalyptic doesn't natter to me. Life is precious no matter the environment.

BUT, the more people that want to lay down and die without a fight leaves more resources for me afterwords anyways.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I hear what your saying but it depends on the disaster your facing. If it was something like a hurricane then fair enough. Do what you've got to do to survive. Nuclear disaster is different. You would'nt be surviving, you'd just be prolonging your enevitable death. I could write about five pages on what would happen to society in the case of a nuclear disaster but you probably know most of what id write. The life you had after the event would'nt be a life it would be a nightmare. Id rather ride the mushroom and get it over with.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well, sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm a 33 year old "man beast", as my girlfriend calls me. Some old friends even call me "sasquatch". But seriously, prepping is what I do, it's not joke or game. I prep for real. It's a lifestyle. Even my garden is planted in buckets, so if I have to bug out, I can grab a bucket of each, if need be. Anytime I move, which is often, 4 times since june of last year, the first thing I do is survey my surroundings, my dwelling, and plan my evac route, or strong and weak points in case I decide to hole up. but, that's just me. It's definitely not for every one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

how prepared are you?

Into the BOV, away with the gear to hand towards my good friends BOL!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join