It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Spill reported off Grand Isle
By Eric Heisig
Staff Writer
Published: Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 6:01 a.m.
GRAND ISLE — The U.S. Coast Guard is investigating reports of oil 6 miles off the Grand Isle coast extending into the Gulf of Mexico.
Officials confirmed there is a 5-mile wide spill of some substance in the Gulf, but they have not determined what it is. The substance will not be identified until this morning"

Just an update. The article did mention some dredging that went on at the mouth of a nearby river. More and more it is sounding like oil though.

On a slightly different but possibly connected topic...midplate quakes in the Gulf of Mexico have always intrigued me. I know that they do occur. I've even felt one here in Florida that was strong enough to make the mirror on my dresser sway. We know that the oil companies use sonar blasts (which blind and kill dolphins and other marine life) to discover where the best areas are to drill for oil.

Actually, yesterday I was telling a friend of mine on the phone that I felt like my bed was shaking. I have the flu right now so I just assumed it was something related to my perception being off from being ill. But, I am finding news articles about various parts of Florida reporting shaking yesterday. Here are just a few links:

www.news-journalonline.com...
www.miamiherald.com...

These reports are coming out of Northern Florida and I'm in Central Western Florida. But, I'm definitely thinking there might be some shaking going on around the state.

Is it possible that the major movement of the plates with the Japan quake is reverberating around the world in movements of other land masses? Also, is it possible that cracks opened in the Gulf of Mexico due to the Japan quake that are releasing oil?

I looked through the USGS data for the past month and didn't see a midplate Gulf quake and the USGS is saying that they haven't recorded the shaking that people are reporting. That's odd.

I'm not sure what it all means. Just putting it out there.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It could be natural, as it's too close to shore to be caused by an oil rig. Collateral damage from DWH? Can't say until more information comes in.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I bet BP is crapping themselfs
Don't think BP can take another hit as gadaffi has said no oil for britain

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My older brother is a Sit Hand for Hell-iburton so I asked him what he thought. He said it was old news to the industry. Mind you he's a grunt but the way he understands it is that there was a secondary leak that they didn't say anything about.
He also stated that he doesn't know anything for sure because they routinely lie to him about everything including the safety of the chemicals he handles.

If it was a dredging event, why were they dredging over a capped wellhead? Or are we saying that it could have been someone who didn't know where they were? If that's the case then why wasn't this labeled by the USCG on the charts? They labeled an 18 wheeler and a tractor as obstructions off the Texas coast after Ike.

I'm going with the earthquake in Florida causing a well head to leak. There are hundreds in the gulf.

Or. During Katrina all those rigs broke free to hit bridges and such, remember, what if those wells were all damaged and no one said anything. Add some seismic activity, who knows.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Another terrible natural disaster. I'm sure the government will get on top of things to fix it. They always do, regardless of what people say - and I normally only have bad things to say about the government! Ha

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Some may wonder if they actually stopped the leak fully in the first place. I'm from New Orleans and most of my friends got huge checks (well like 30k) as long as they promised not to sue BP in the future.

and your friends should have moved the hell away from there with their 30k. the large corporations ALWAYS tone problems down, and try and get them out of the news as quickly as possible. just look at a few recent incidents...fraking for natural gas, GM foods, bad drugs by big pharma, auto recalls, healthcare insurance gouging, massey coal mine explosion, housing loan fraud, investment fraud, oil and gasoline monopolies.
if i had recieved 30k, i would have been gone as soon as possible, nobody owes loyalty to a place that causes sickness and death.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Is this why the Gulf Stream is failing too?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
with all the disaster events taking its toll

IS ??? The predictions of these disasters that Nostradamus has written in his Quatrains are coming true !

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I have been monitoring the swarms of quakes happening in the Arkansas area as well as the quake that happened in Alabama, and West Texas yeaterday. What has realy caught my eye when looking at the RSOE EDIS map, was all the volcanoes erupting - I think, even on this post, people forget and call the oil eruption and "Oil Spil" - it was an "Oil Volcano". I believe that the oil leaking has in someway to do with all the pressure in the earth right now and the Volcano of oil that is "capped" but is still quite vulnerable to erupting again - especially as the earth seeks to release the ever growing pressure. There are fault lines in the Gulf and the DeepWater Horizon is very close - or on one of them.

Thanks for this post, when I first heard of the oil leaking out I was, and continue to be deeply concerned.

your Planetary Sister in New Orleans.

MAP 2.8 2011/03/19 23:34:10 33.589 -101.367 4.9 WESTERN TEXAS
MAP 2.5 2011/03/19 15:00:56 34.836 -86.386 9.8 ALABAMA
MAP 2.3 2011/03/20 09:31:48 35.229 -92.385 6.6 0 km ( 0 mi) ESE of Greenbrier, AR

gironaflight.net...

"Two crossing fault lines are believed to run across the Gulf according to geologist Jack Reed and the BP oil well is susceptible to tectonic movements."
www.huliq.com...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PlanetarySister

Thank you for your response, 1PlanetarySister! I agree with the articles you listed, as I've seen them before and took away the same impressions you have. I also agree that all of these are connected.

I too am very concerned with all the earthquakes in Arkansas and I feel "fracking" is a major contributor. The earthquakes that have happened in Texas, are more of an oddity, but they are happening where "drills" are located, so that could be the reason behind those.

We have quite a thread going on regarding the Arkansas earthquakes. I would encourage you to head on over there and take a look. People are in there on a daily basis, with quite a few located in the New Madrid Seismic Zone area. You can find that thread here:

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies...

In addition to that one, I also suggest you check out the following thread which is a branch off the above one. As many of us have done a lot of research into "fracking", we compiled quite the list of resources. Which we moved into it's very own thread. You can find that one here:

Resource Bibliography for Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Some may wonder if they actually stopped the leak fully in the first place. I'm from New Orleans and most of my friends got huge checks (well like 30k) as long as they promised not to sue BP in the future.

If I were them I wouldnt have taken there money.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It 'made his eyes burn'?? Is that normal for fresh crude? Because that sounds like what people described happening when they came in contact with the crude/corexit mixture so many months back.

Can someone out there tell me whether fresh crude makes one's eyes sting?

So, is this a pocket of older crude that has been suspended below the surface up until now, and finaly because buoyant enough to surface, as opposed to a new leak?

Sorry if someone else asked that. This is a long thread already.
edit on 20-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

If it was a dredging event, why were they dredging over a capped wellhead? Or are we saying that it could have been someone who didn't know where they were? If that's the case then why wasn't this labeled by the USCG on the charts? They labeled an 18 wheeler and a tractor as obstructions off the Texas coast after Ike

No one would dredge in thousands of feet of water- what would be the point? dredging is a shallow water operation usually for purposes of maintaining a channel

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Thank you for your post! And thank you UtahRosebud for this thread!

I would like to add... "The Coast Guard says it is responding to the reports of an almost 100 mile slick of oil in the Gulf Of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana."

www.wwl.com...

Why isn't this on the Hazmat or Bio Haz. alert on the RSOE EDIS map? I think that this release of oil is directly related to what is happening on the planet and should be noted.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

100 miles is a serious size.

P.S. - My partner and I have been very ill since Katrina. He was here when it hit. I came in Feb of 2007 as a volunteer and photograghed thousands of houses, etc. and got from exposure to mold. We live and serve in a neighborhood where houses are still ungutted! Now, top it off with the DeepWater Oil Volano - we both are suffering from chronic fatigue. Even with all the herbs and nutrients and clean foods we eat, we both find there are days we just can't function - and what's odd is the days when we both are very ill at the same time. It will be interesting to see in the coming days what our health is like as this oil and the toxins are released into the air.

Blessed.
your Planetary Sister in New Orleans

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This just in from The Wall Street Journal:

What was reported as a miles-long oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico is likely a plume of silt emanating from a dredging operation on the Mississippi River, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said Sunday.

Still, the Coast Guard is testing the substance, which has an associated rainbow sheen similar to that resulting from oil spills, to determine exactly what it is, said spokesman Henry Cambre.

It is possible, Mr. Cambre said, that whatever is causing the sheen was trapped in river bed sediment and was released by the dredging work. The Coast Guard said it expects results from those tests to be available later Sunday.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that this is the truth. I must admit, I have my doubts though.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
We keep getting hit with so much crap anymore I just don't give a damn.
Not until people decide to learn the real truth.
For now, I have been switching everything over to Hydrogen and it's awesome.
Solar panels are going in, windmills are almost read and I shut off the TV's.

Life
It's getting better everyday.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

uh huh- dredging operation, that left a hundred mile long silt stain. ok. From what I understand it is originating at macondo 242 and traveling NNW towards grandl isle and cocodrie. I do find it odd that someone I know was called up yesterday to return to booming work after being off for about six months

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I did find some reports and updates on the RSOE map.
alert description

An oil slick measuring 12 miles wide and 100 miles long has been spotted in the Gulf of Mexico and is suspected to be from a new major leak at the Matterhorn Seastar oil rig just 20 miles from the Deepwater Horizon oil rig. Pilots from several independent organization are monitoring the slick and report it is spreading fast. Fishermen in Louisiana are reporting fresh oil slicks washing up on shore. Boom has been placed by cleanup crews to catch the spill. The Matterhorn field produces 5200 barrels of oil a day and was discovered in 1999. The well sits in 2789 feet of water and has been in production since 2003. It is 30 miles SE of the Mississippi River delta.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Where the heck's StealthyKat...?!

She's been all over the oil leak situation since it began. See all her hard work on the ' Up to the minute- live feed ' thread after DWH blew and the underwater camera's started rolling. If any one can dig up pertinent info, it's her.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Local newspaper article about new oil at Grand Isle:

www.houmatoday.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join