It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well duh. If anyone here continued following this story after the MSM dropped it, you would have known it was never over and it was continuing leaking.

But eh, it seems in this day and age, if the MSM doesn't report on it, it doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that the spill was coming from a natural leak in the sea floor that had nothing to do with mankind?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
if there is a new oil spill the news isnt covering and probably wont since now all theyre covering is this libya mess...good way for them to get the news of the radiation and japan and anything else of importance brushed under the rug...

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
you know, with all of the earthquakes, revolutions, riots, comets, nuclear disasters and now oil spills im beginning to think this 2012 sh*t might actually happen

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hmmm... maybe, just maybe, the asphalt volcanoes are acting up and the original leak was just a blow out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Welcome to the party.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I have a down load of an interview of the guy that started or was the first bigshot of NOAA. He was saying so really scarey stuff and to this topic he said there was a big pool of oil just lurking a couple of miles deep. I have to wonder if they are spraying on any continous schedual for oil that comes up to the surface like that. Oil indiginous to the last spill

BTW if I can figure out how to like a lime wire DL I will post it...if someone drop me a u2u on how I will
edit on 19-3-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Just wondering Rosebud...with all the corexit they used, how could the plume possibly have maintain its cohesion ....I mean, to be able to stick together down there for so long???

I'm thinking this is something new.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: GRRRRR

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

good comment...most of it since Jan 31ts

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Well, yeah, but when you have a buffet of disasters, does one really count as disguising the taste of any of the others? Who is to say that HAARP/BP didn't trigger the earthquake to cover up the impending surfacing of oil?

Maybe one of the "asphalt volcanoes" was ripped open to, in a few days, divert attention from Libya, once the Gulf is full of oil again?

But I know what you mean.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I suspect that the sea floor is breaking up and that when it does. abiotic oil and natural gas, and other toxic gases are going to blow out that opening so furious that the former oil spill will be tiny in comparison and that we will not be able to stop it.

For those who know, there are two types of oil. The kind made from dead plants and animals millions of years ago. And the other is abiotic or oil formed deep inside the Earth as a process in chemicals. It's not made from plants and animals, and it doesn't run out and covers and vast area underneath the earth crust.

When it come out, and it will, it will poison the oceans killing quite a bit of living things. Also, the toxins that will come in the form of gases will make the Fukashima nuclear event look like a picnic in the park.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

TC, that's a great question. I wish I had an answer for you. I was simply noting what I had seen in the comments section of the original article. Something that (kinda) made sense to me, you know?

I'm really hoping we have a few folks here on ATS who could shed more light on that aspect of it.

All I know for sure... I never trusted BP from the start of the bloody mess!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that the spill was coming from a natural leak in the sea floor that had nothing to do with mankind?

Wouldn't it be interesting to think that BP damaged hundreds of miles of seafloor with their deepwater drilling? Because that's the reality of this situation. These oil rigs are OLDOLDOLD and a lot are failing. Ask Africa.

We're next.

reg

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I suspect that the sea floor is breaking up and that when it does. abiotic oil and natural gas, and other toxic gases are going to blow out that opening so furious that the former oil spill will be tiny in comparison and that we will not be able to stop it.

For those who know, there are two types of oil. The kind made from dead plants and animals millions of years ago. And the other is abiotic or oil formed deep inside the Earth as a process in chemicals. It's not made from plants and animals, and it doesn't run out and covers and vast area underneath the earth crust.

When it come out, and it will, it will poison the oceans killing quite a bit of living things. Also, the toxins that will come in the form of gases will make the Fukashima nuclear event look like a picnic in the park.

That my friend is a #ing freaky thought, i actually got a shudder up my back reading that.

So if all that oil you mention did get into the oceans do you reckon we'd be #ed?

Scary times at the moment... scary times

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
man, when are we gonna get some sweet new alien technology so we can get off this planet!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Stop buying gas. Start biking/walking, and plan ahead for long trips. It's time for us to abandon this kinda #.
It's not solely for an environmentalist standpoint; it's so these undeserving #heads stop generating money as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

Originally posted by Kaiju

Wouldn't it be interesting to think that BP damaged hundreds of miles of seafloor with their deepwater drilling? Because that's the reality of this situation. These oil rigs are OLDOLDOLD and a lot are failing. Ask Africa.

We're next.

The Deepwater Horizon was not old, it was delivered to Transocean in 2001.

Interesting side note, according to the wikipedia entry the Deepwater Horizon was on a 3 year lease worth $544 million, or $496,800 per day for 3 years,for the "bare rig", with crew, gear and support vessels estimated to cost the same per day again.
Basically BP was paying $1,000,000/day to operate this thing. There's huge money in oil which means huge money in politicians pockets to keep the industry going without government intervention or oversight.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by reg

Originally posted by Fromabove

That my friend is a #ing freaky thought, i actually got a shudder up my back reading that.

So if all that oil you mention did get into the oceans do you reckon we'd be #ed?

Scary times at the moment... scary times

Scary indeed!

If it is something like that, can we really blame the earth? After all, we've been the big bad bullies for far too long to this planet that sustains us and allows us to live. I wouldn't blame the earth for being fed up with our antics and kicking our collective booties.

edit on 19-3-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Typo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

When is enough enough?!?!

Once the Elite's NWO has been established. Then we will all live happily ever after

NOT !!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"A fishing boat captain said he went through the slick yesterday and it was strong enough to make his eyes burn" So wait they are still fishing? Even after the BP oil spill? hahahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join