It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Coast Guard is investigating reports of a potentially large oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico not far from the Deepwater Horizon site. According to a knowledgeable source, the slick was sighted by a helicopter pilot on Friday and is about 100 miles long. A fishing boat captain said he went through the slick yesterday and it was strong enough to make his eyes burn.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nola.com

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
At the time of typing this, I see no other threads reporting this. If I am wrong, Mods, please remove. Also Mods, unsure of where to put this, so please move to the correct area if this is not the place.

This is unbelievable!!!

I certainly hope they discover where it's coming from and soon. We are already seeing reports of people getting sick and dying from the disaster last year. Not to mention the wildlife, sealife, etc. Just horrible!!

The Gulf Of Mexico has suffered enough after last years disaster! When is enough enough?!?!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-3-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Typo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Are all oil rigs in gulf of mexico owned by BP? I guess not, but if this one is, I think I am going to kick someone's ass.
And btw, where is Obama's kicking ass? He didn't really do anything, did he? From what I know, he is a shareholder...

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, how convenient.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
this year is just getting worse and worse...
starting to become depressed from all bad news lately

lets hope its not another spill

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Well, how convenient.

You sucked those words right out of my tinfoil hat.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If this is true then I think I speak for everyone on ATS when I say:

OHHHHHH $#17!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Here is another link regarding this story: www.examiner.com...

This story was written by a Tallahassee newspaper journalist and gives some very specific information. It even specifically names the source in the Coast Guard who is purported to have made the oil slick comment.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It looks like the Libyan attack is keeping the news media away from the oil spill.

How convenient.

Sorry Barmy Billy
edit on 19-3-2011 by Jetman44 because: apology

edit on 19-3-2011 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Some may wonder if they actually stopped the leak fully in the first place. I'm from New Orleans and most of my friends got huge checks (well like 30k) as long as they promised not to sue BP in the future.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wonder if it has anything to do with the "earthquake" in Florida the other day:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silversight

Thank you for the other article!

I read the comment area on the Huffington Post article and someone suggested that what they are seeing are plumes that were buried underneath the surface, which are now coming up. I have no idea how any of that works, or behaves. It does sound like it could be legit. If anyone has information on how that works and if this could be what it indeed is, please share.

I suppose if there is a "best case scenario" here, that could definitely be it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleStarGal
I wonder if it has anything to do with the "earthquake" in Florida the other day:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you think?

I saw that yesterday too. My initial reaction is that the possible "earthquake" took place on the Atlantic Ocean side of Florida. The Deepwater Horizon site (where last years incident took place), is in the Gulf Of Mexico, more or less under Louisiana. I'm not sure of the distance, but I would guess at least 500 miles between the two.

However, considering all the recent world events, I think it's safe to say that at this point, anything is possible.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
come on, you really think BP successfully capped the well and cleaned everything up? remember how they told us the oil all magically evaporated? I still feel this is the source of alot of the mass animal deaths.

I grew watching the exxon spill, I knew BP's story was too good to be true.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh great just what I wanted to hear.
here comes the 5 dollars a gallon just what they wanted.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe I was too harsh on Lindsey Williams, maybe he was right.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've had it with this sh#t! If we survive this I say we turn it all off and take the next how ever many decades to try and save our planet. Anyone not on board with saving the planet will leave by force, we don't need your selfish thinking any more!!!

Guess what humanity its July first in our history.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just forwarded the link of the Huffington Post article to the local News Station (FOX - haha) and asked, "what the gas mileage was on one of those News Choppers of there's?" I asked, "maybe tomorrow your pilot can take a little trip to see if this is indeed occurring" I did however say that I cannot vouch for the credibility of the author of the article or the website as a whole. Regardless, it seemed credible enough of a story to perhaps inspire my local media to go have a look.

We'll see

edit on 3/19/2011 by UberL33t because: grammar & stuff

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can confirm from the MS. Gulf coast we have not recieved any news of a serious oil spill. I'll check with other sources. If there is one it's par for the course, we never get a break. I have got used to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

my exact thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join