It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ, UK, US, Swiss, German and Australian rescue teams in Japan all return home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It seems a little early to me for this. Less than a week? Any ATS'ers know enough about search & rescue to chime in? Could this be because of the radiation and they're just saying it's because their job is done?

tvnz.co.nz...

The New Zealand Fire Service Urban Search and Rescue team have completed its task in Japan and comes home tomorrow. Teams from several other countries, including the United Kingdom, the United States, Switzerland, Germany and Australia , also go home tomorrow.

He said the situation is such that he considers there is little further practical assistance the team is able to give.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm assuming that they have realized they are not going to find anyone alive. They won't be able to rescue any deceased. It's a sad way to go. But the bitter truth. I am thinking of all those lost souls in these tough times. I may even pray for them. It won't hurt none I guess.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No way. There are elderly and babies in the shelters who are not getting food or water and they are freezing. There are tons of debris in the streets blocking them from getting basics to those people. They need fuel transported to the trucks to fill them up as many of them are full of donated food that is starting to go bad. There are sanitary supplies that need brought in to prevent outbreaks of cholera and other diseases that could break out from the unsanitary conditions in the shelters.

Don't tell me that we and the rest of the world only went there to collect dead bodies or try to rescue 'survivors' when there are survivors in shelters on the brink of terrible illness or death right now! Something is definitely not right about this rapid departure with so much left that needs to be done and done fast.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Thanks for that. I agree... something's not right about this.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
They must be evacuating the rescue teams due to the radioactive fallout.

My heart and prayers go out to Japan.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They are coming home because they know the people that were alive are now dead. Remember....they had bitter weather with snow. These people had been crushed and smashed to pieces for the most part. Why would they spend a hige amount of time and money trying to help dead people?
I doubt it has anything to do with the plant to be honest.
Have you seen the carnage?? People die from dehydration in a matter of days....especially if they are missing limbs and have crushed organs.
Im sure bodies will start to be found around coastlines in the coming weeks or months as many were swept back out to sea after the Tsunami flowed back.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Could this new revelation, Experts Fear Alarming Crack in Reactor Pool , have anything to do with these countries pulling their teams out of there? I would hope that they would outfit them appropriately and leave them in place to help out. But, who knows what's really going on here.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

thats ridiculous dude. theres no way those jobs are even close to done. theyre leaving because you cannot force people to work in an area where THEY KNOW theyre taking dangerous levels of radiation. bs the public, but those workers know and they wont go in and neither would i.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
radiactive iodine in the wa wa
just a minor sign there are no safe places
and that the survivors are all irradiated too
whats the point of saving people to die..and then dying too?

what a sad sad time
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The whole situation is a tragedy for the Japanese people and kind of ironic too, given historical events. It may well prove to be that those who were taken by the tsunami were the lucky ones. They have started finding radiation in some of the food.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is certainly ominous when they pull out so fast.

They are still in Haiti a year later, but out of Japan in less than a week? There is only one thing I can think of that would prompt that - radiation.

This is bigger than they're saying, but it is already too late.
edit on 19-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
yea we will all die from radiation, then get raptured on may 21st, get hit by comet elenin in october, have niburu destroy us in 2012......doom and gloom merchants the lot of ya

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You can add the Australian search and resue to that list too; they're leaving Japan today or tomorrow.

It's because of the radiation.

As a Kiwi, I don't know what to say. During our crisis in the CHCH EQK the Japanese sent a fantastic search and rescue team and now we have to pull out our teams in Japan because of the radiation. If it was'nt for high radiation in the air, I know the Kiwis and Australians would had stayed for as long as it took to help the Japanese in recovery mode of their deceased and identification (DNA) of those deceased.

There will also be a high risk of diseases not too far off.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
God, how my heart breaks for those people. They must feel abandoned, but what are people to do if there is radiation? This is beyond belief what the Japanese have had to suffer and continue to suffer.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't remember these rescue to teams calling it a days work in Haiti or during the Indonesian quake....

my guess, radiation is starting to get to lethal doses... to bad this could have been avoided unfortunetely the company that owns these nuclear power plants have safety issues for years... now they can't run from it...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

My heart feels a very heavy burden for having to send our search and rescue teams home especially after the Japanese helping us with ours.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Two elderly survivors (80+) have just been found today according to Sky.

This is not unusual and clearly shows the teams were pulled out for reasons other than job done.

I heard on member of the Brit team say that others were asking them if they had any space on thier flight for them. These teams were in a rush and under orders to get out.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I've heard of CEOs renting private flights out of Japan.....with their aircrafts many seats empty on them.

Look at this:

www.kdvr.com...

American airlines at their best!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Latest is from a relief worker. He says that the media circus has disapeared and promised delivery of aid is not arriving and when asked why on phone weak excuses are given.

BBC state latest pictures from Japan that are three days old? From a country where they are virtually born with a camera in hand.

Dont know about you but this is very telling to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

That is very ominous feeling.

It seems the most people in this thread are thinking like me, that this is just an excuse. I know they are trying to keep panic down but don't they realize that people have brains?? It's not hard to put 2 & 2 together to get 4.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join