It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudell, The Full Documentary, A Must Watch for All.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My small bit of searching didnt bring this up on ATS,
and I thought this would be a place where people would appreciate this man.
So I decide to share.

John Trudell is a Native American , a warrior, an activist, a writer and a poet, a musician and a philosopher..
But most of all....
He is a true Human Being.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/790611bd7903.gif[/atsimg]

One who has not lost touch with his mind, and his spirit,
one who has not been washed away and diluted by "civilized society".
One who speaks out against the corruption and falsehoods that make this world what it has become,
and against those who perpetuate it.
This is one man that the government would love to (and have often tried) to silence.

The FBI went so far as to burn the mans house down, with his wife and children inside..
all who died from the fire.

(This was shortly after John burned an amerikan flag on the steps of the FBI headquarters in washington)

His wife was a force all her own...
and the 'authorities' silenced her.
In turn, causing John to become an even stronger force.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adab84604318.jpg[/atsimg]

John Trudell has achieved much in his life..
and it's all been for the sake of others. For the sake of 'freedom and justice for all'.
and still he fights.

This is the documentary titled "Trudell"..
and I urge everyone to sit down for a few minutes and watch, but more importantly.. Listen, to what the man has to say, to who he is, to what he has to offer....
He is brilliant.....

www.youtube.com...

At its most basic level, Trudell is an eye-opening documentary that challenges belief systems. At its loftiest, Trudell will inspire you to reawaken your spirit.
In the telling of Trudell, Rae invested more than 12 years chronicling John Trudell’s travels, spoken word, and politics. (The making of the movie, a journey in itself, is as much a story as the finished product).
The film combines archival, convert, and interview footage in a lyrical and naturally stylized manner, with abstract imagery mirroring the coyote nature of Trudell.
Pockmarked with adversity, counterbalanced by preservance, Trudell begins in the late sixties when John Trudell and a community group, Indians of All Tribes, occupy Alcatraz Island for 21 months. This creates international recognition of the American Indian cause and gives birth to the contemporary Indian people’s movement.
Rae revisits Alcatraz, returning to what John refers to as his birth. From Alcatraz, we follow John’s political journey as the national spokesman of the American Indian Movement (AIM).
During this tumultuous period, his work makes him one of the most highly political subversives of the 1970′s, earning him one of the longest FBI files in history (more than 17,000 pages).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b96d96c31161.jpg[/atsimg]

When I thought about starting this thread..
There was a whole lot I felt I wanted to say...
Now I just can't get much to come out,
So my apologies..
But I think the film speaks enough, I guess..

'Blessings

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
thanx for this. first i've heard of it.
i've been following trudell for many years.

here is a movie worth watching, he played a part.

thunderheart

he also has a long music history most are unaware of.

bombs over baghdad

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
thanx for this. first i've heard of it.
i've been following trudell for many years.

here is a movie worth watching, he played a part.

thunderheart

he also has a long music history most are unaware of.

bombs over baghdad

Hi rubbertramp,
No problem! Thanks for the reply.

Ive also been a "fan" for many years.
I havent thought much about it for a few years, but yesterday the documentary was sent to my mailbox, and just finished it, so had to share.

Thunderheart is a great movie! great story.
Blessings upon Peltier.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
older than the one you posted, but well worth a watch.

Incident at Oglala - The Leonard Peltier Story

link to documentary

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I have been a John Trudell fan a number of years and have several of his spoken word albums. I first encountered Trudell on a radio program with the host Frank Sontag, and was deeply moved by Trudell's message, and his gentle nature. That said, his gentle nature was not so gentle that he would tolerate nonsense. Because I was listening to a radio program, part of the program included people calling in and commenting on, or asking questions of Trudell.

A few of those callers and Trudell's response stand out in my memory to this day. One caller was a young man who was clearly very excited to have the opportunity to talk to Trudell, and extremely excited about the ideas Trudell was promulgating. Trudell was talking a lot about how we have become so disconnected from nature. The young man calling in offered a theory as to why that was, and Trudell in his kind and gentle way encouraged the caller to share his theory. The young man began theorizing that we are disconnected from nature because we literally and quite physically disconnect ourselves by walking on concrete sidewalks in tennis shoes with rubber souls that actually separate us from natures ground.

Trudell let the caller finish, and when done, in his gentle way Trudell said that he appreciated his excitement, and passion, and didn't want to burst his bubble but that he had to point out that concrete sidewalks and tennis shoes with rubber souls come from nature. He then went on to explain his own ideas and that is not by eschewing technology that we will find our way back to nature, but that when we do find our way back to nature this will necessarily affect the way we create technology. It was genuinely a pleasure to listen to this man.

A few calls later, Sontag introduced a girl named "Freedom", and Trudell's said; "Freedom, are you for real?" "Yes, John" said Freedom, I am for real, and I have enjoyed listening to you and the things you have to say, and you strike me as a man who is searching for truth, am I right?" Trudell laughed gently and answered; "Aren't we all?" She agreed and then said; "John, I can show you where to find that truth." There was a brief pause and then Trudell answered with an obvious hesitation in his voice; "Okay." Freedom immediately went into preaching the New Testament and Trudell did not allow this to go to far at all before he finally spoke up, and the palpable anger in Trudell's gentle voice was undeniable.

Trudell told Freedom that of what he has read about this man Jesus he thinks that the man seems like a really cool cat, but that if Freedom thought that preaching Christianity to an Indian (See note later), was a prudent idea she was sorely mistaken and then Trudell was careful to list some of the many atrocities that Christians had perpetuated upon the Indians. It was an interesting moment because it was the only time I have ever heard Trudell angry, and even in that anger, the emotion was why he was angry was clear, and understandable.

The note I have about "Indians" is that one caller referred to him as an Indian and then apologized and corrected himself and called him a Native American. Trudell laughed and told him it was okay to call him an Indian, and that he and his tribal members refer to each other as Indians, and that political correctness was not something he had much tolerance for, and that if people genuinely thought that by calling Indians "Native Americans" was more correct, they should consider that America is the European name given to the continent, and that Indians did not call North America America, and if people really wanted to be sensitive about what the call Indians, then perhaps they should consider just calling them native peoples, but that in the end, Indian was fine with him, and there was no need to stand on ceremony.

I truly like this guy John Trudell, and I thank you my friend, for creating this thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
older than the one you posted, but well worth a watch.

Incident at Oglala - The Leonard Peltier Story

link to documentary

Definitely a great watch!

Still makes me feel sick to know that Leonard is still a prisoner.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Ahmose

I have been a John Trudell fan a number of years and have several of his spoken word albums. I first encountered Trudell on a radio program with the host Frank Sontag, and was deeply moved by Trudell's message, and his gentle nature. That said, his gentle nature was not so gentle that he would tolerate nonsense. Because I was listening to a radio program, part of the program included people calling in and commenting on, or asking questions of Trudell.

A few of those callers and Trudell's response stand out in my memory to this day. One caller was a young man who was clearly very excited to have the opportunity to talk to Trudell, and extremely excited about the ideas Trudell was promulgating. Trudell was talking a lot about how we have become so disconnected from nature. The young man calling in offered a theory as to why that was, and Trudell in his kind and gentle way encouraged the caller to share his theory. The young man began theorizing that we are disconnected from nature because we literally and quite physically disconnect ourselves by walking on concrete sidewalks in tennis shoes with rubber souls that actually separate us from natures ground.

Trudell let the caller finish, and when done, in his gentle way Trudell said that he appreciated his excitement, and passion, and didn't want to burst his bubble but that he had to point out that concrete sidewalks and tennis shoes with rubber souls come from nature. He then went on to explain his own ideas and that is not by eschewing technology that we will find our way back to nature, but that when we do find our way back to nature this will necessarily affect the way we create technology. It was genuinely a pleasure to listen to this man.

A few calls later, Sontag introduced a girl named "Freedom", and Trudell's said; "Freedom, are you for real?" "Yes, John" said Freedom, I am for real, and I have enjoyed listening to you and the things you have to say, and you strike me as a man who is searching for truth, am I right?" Trudell laughed gently and answered; "Aren't we all?" She agreed and then said; "John, I can show you where to find that truth." There was a brief pause and then Trudell answered with an obvious hesitation in his voice; "Okay." Freedom immediately went into preaching the New Testament and Trudell did not allow this to go to far at all before he finally spoke up, and the palpable anger in Trudell's gentle voice was undeniable.

Trudell told Freedom that of what he has read about this man Jesus he thinks that the man seems like a really cool cat, but that if Freedom thought that preaching Christianity to an Indian (See note later), was a prudent idea she was sorely mistaken and then Trudell was careful to list some of the many atrocities that Christians had perpetuated upon the Indians. It was an interesting moment because it was the only time I have ever heard Trudell angry, and even in that anger, the emotion was why he was angry was clear, and understandable.

The note I have about "Indians" is that one caller referred to him as an Indian and then apologized and corrected himself and called him a Native American. Trudell laughed and told him it was okay to call him an Indian, and that he and his tribal members refer to each other as Indians, and that political correctness was not something he had much tolerance for, and that if people genuinely thought that by calling Indians "Native Americans" was more correct, they should consider that America is the European name given to the continent, and that Indians did not call North America America, and if people really wanted to be sensitive about what the call Indians, then perhaps they should consider just calling them native peoples, but that in the end, Indian was fine with him, and there was no need to stand on ceremony.

I truly like this guy John Trudell, and I thank you my friend, for creating this thread.

ahhh, Jean Paul, Thank you my friend!
and THIS is why I chose to "add as friend" the first time I saw your posts.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Hey all,
A friend has made me aware the the uploaders account has been removed,
So here is the film on google vid..

Google Video Link

video.google.com...#

new topics

top topics

join