It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effects of Radiation Exposure on Human Health!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Effects of Radiation Exposure on Human Health!

library.thinkquest.org

Although a dose of just 25 rems causes some detectable changes in blood, doses to near 100 rems usually have no immediate harmful effects. Doses above 100 rems cause the first signs of radiation sickness including:

nausea
vomiting
headache
some loss of white blood cells
Doses of 300 rems or more cause temporary hair loss, but also more significant internal harm, including damage to nerve cells and the cells that line the digestive tract. Severe loss of white blood cells, which are the body's main defense against infection, makes radiation victims highly vulnerable to disease. Radia
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is very interesting that some people say radiation is good for you! In all the other Nuclear powerplant explosions in the world has it ever been announced that radiation is good for you? NO! so why are there people saying that radiation is good for you now? I dont understand and as you read the article you will understand what the effects are. If radiation is good for you then why are people in Japan trying to protect themselves from it?

library.thinkquest.org

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah, radiation exposure is not good. But, there is natural radiation adsorbed by our bodies every day. Also some man made radiation.

Me thinks they misspeak. Not good, but ever present.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It was good for me. Saved my life as a matter of fact.

The areas of my body which were exposed to it were carefully controlled but I got 250 rems daily for 6 weeks.

My blood count did drop. There was some hairloss. Other than that I really didn't feel much except for a bit of fatigue. About 5 minutes on the table getting properly positioned. About 2 second of radiation on my thorax. Then on with my day.

250 rems is a lot.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Bacaroo Banzai Rules!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
your thinking differently than i am. I am thinking along the lines of the radiation from a nuclear explosion. that is when it gets dangerous.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

This is very interesting that some people say radiation is good for you! In all the other Nuclear powerplant explosions in the world has it ever been announced that radiation is good for you? NO! so why are there people saying that radiation is good for you now? I dont understand and as you read the article you will understand what the effects are. If radiation is good for you then why are people in Japan trying to protect themselves from it?

library.thinkquest.org

"Some" people think low levels (higher than background) can have postive effects. Its called radiation hormesis and the theory is low levels of ionizing radiation stimulates the bodys DNA repair mechanims making other forms of cancer less likely.

Regulatory aganecies still hold fast to linear no-threshold model whe it comes to ionizing radiation. This basicly states that there is no dose, no matter how small above background levels that wont case damage. Epidimological stuides cannot verify this because a study group large enough to see the effect in would have to be so large that you could not apply standard controls to the study group.

So there are two competeing theories. I am agnostic towards radiation hormesis but I dont believe the linear no-threshold model is correct either, because if you cannot prove it using the scientific method, then it aint science. Its the precautionary principle taken to the extreme.

The effects of radiation are complicated and there is much that we do not know.

As for your post, its a logical fallacy.

People are frightened, but the exposure levels are so low it probably wont effect anyone not at Fukushima.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Rems are the measurement of absorption of radiation by the human body. The source of radiation is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It was good for me. Saved my life as a matter of fact.

The areas of my body which were exposed to it were carefully controlled but I got 250 rems daily for 6 weeks.

My blood count did drop. There was some hairloss. Other than that I really didn't feel much except for a bit of fatigue. About 5 minutes on the table getting properly positioned. About 2 second of radiation on my thorax. Then on with my day.

250 rems is a lot.

So radiation makes you as smart as phage?
edit on 19-3-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Another great post!

Nuclear energy in my humble opinion is not clean and it's not healthy. I am living proof of that.

When something's "waste" has a life of 1,000 years or more it's dangerous.

the effects of radioactivity is alteration of one's DNA and once your DNA has been altered, as of this writing, there is no fixing it. Your children and your children's children will be affected.

A story to prove my point:

My mother was born December 10, 1910. At approximately 6-8 years old she had tonsillitis.

She died at age 53 from they think lung cancer because she smoked but they are not sure it could have been thyroid cancer. She died February 23, 1962 leaving me an orphan.

The way they treated tonsillitis back in the early 1900's was putting the child up to an x-ray machine and gave them a couple good "zaps".

Now x-ray machines back in the early 1900's was not regulated as now. God only knows how many rems my mother received.

Results: At the time of her treatment I was one of her eggs inside of her. I was born with a cleft palate, cataracts and a very severe high frequency hearing loss. I am considered above average in intellegence test, but I cannot grasp algebra or geometry.

I had three sons, did not do drugs, drink, ate a very natural healthy diet, did not smoke and was a excellent parent. My oldest son is AD/HD, the youngest is autistic and the middle one they can't classify yet. In ways he is gifted and in ways he is cursed, a lost soul.

My granddaughter, like her father also has AD/HD.

Messing around with nuclear energy is stupid, dirty, dangerous, and as T'Pol on Star Trek would say, 'Illogical".

Question: How many nuclear plants do we have in California, Oregon and Washington?

Are these reactors built to as high a standard as the Japanese ones? My understanding is Japan has one of the strictest building codes for nuclear reactors in the world.

We're playing with fire.

Also, now we are again bombing another country.................we keep warring.

One of these days we possibly are going to have WWIII and it's not going to be pretty.

As this is a conspiracy site; I have heard there is such a thing as abundant, free and clean energy available but TPTB, The handful of elite that want to charge us for our water, our air, our energy, our everything are not about ready to allow for this technology of clean, abundant and free energy to be allowed.

They, the men/women that are profiting handsomely from our dirty energy are not about ready to relinquish their strangle hold over the majority of the human race.

Those that have tried to alert the public about free, abundant and clean energy have all met mysterious suicides or accidents.

This planet is being run by a bunch of psychopaths and the majority of people remain asleep in the matrix.

What has happened in Japan is a warning, a precursor to things to come.

Now look up the post on ATS about the Illuminati cards by Steve Jackson that were done in 1995.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rollercoaster ride we are all on is speeding up folks, make sure your safety bar is down and you’re buckled in tight. I have a feeling we haven't hit the top yet.

I did an extensive study on WWII and researched the affects of the two atomic bombs America used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

No, nuclear energy is as dirty as it gets.

Mankind is like a hairless monkey playing with a blow torch.

I have relayed some very personal and hurtful information as a warning to mankind.

Please no trolling my post.

Although all three of my children are classified as "abnormal' if you or your child were ever drowning, any three of my sons would be the first one to jump in and save your butt.............they are brave, kind and honest.

As a side line and this is a conspiracy site: Somehow, I wonder if humanity's DNA isn't being tweaked with again BIG TIME?

I suspect that there is the possibility that we are being distracted, dumbed down and mucked with - we just can't see the enemy, they are that much more advanced in their stradegy than us.

top topics

join