It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper: Libya Air Mission Poses Risks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well there you go Canada. We are officially part of the war that isn't a war.

Source

Canadian jets will "very soon" be a part of extensive aerial operations over Libya to protect innocent civilians, Prime Minister Stephen Harper says.

Harper's comment Saturday in Paris came as U.S. launched cruise missiles at Libyan targets as part of a co-ordinated international military intervention against a violent crackdown by forces loyal to Libyan ruler Moammar Gadhafi.

"One cannot promise there will not be casualties on our side either. But obviously all precautions will be taken to minimize our own casualties and minimize those of innocent civilians.

"We should not kid ourselves. Whenever we engage in military action — essentially acts of war — these are difficult situations."

You know I dislike Harper more and more. Although he isn't covering up the fact that he intends to make Canada take a big part in these operations.

Canada's military effort was also acknowledged several times in remarks about Libya by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Saturday.

Clinton, who was at the emergency summit in Paris, repeatedly referred to the involvement of "our European and Canadian allies."

The US is also alluding to the fact. The last part of the article gives a quote from Cannon (Foreign Affairs Minister) after being asked if we would put boots on the ground. His answer is a little too vague for me.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Canadian here and i don't find anything about Canada being involved in this 'was that isn't a war'(war on terrorism anyone???) shocking or surprising at all; not in the least bit. i mean we have been 'at war' in the middle east for a decade now. Canada, in a war, in the middle east, the past decade, buddy buddy now with Israel, strongest economy in the world, Rothschild's own every big business in the nation, anyone interested in looking up Masonic history can read about how Canada had the first temples of the 'ancients'(the true Masonic elite in history) rather then the 'new age' Masonics that were setup in the first US colonies, and blah blah.

we have a history of being involved in everything if anyone cares to look, so again it is of no surprise given the fact that Canada is the most financially sound economy in the world today, and as reports are now saying 'was never apart of the global recession'(hmmm how did they swing that?), this would make Canada a perfect candidate for spending all that real money it has racked up(as apposed to certain southern neighbors...).

money is power, and just like it's been said, if you want to hide something the best place is right out in the open...

recap:first mason temples(even before the US's), Masonic leaders developed early Canada, the 'New Age' Masonics of the US could never overtake Canada, Canada was the world 'peace keepers', only snow and hockey up here, Canada destroying the Haitian government after the 2000s, Canadian genocide of 100s of 1000s of native people, and list the goes on...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

we have a history of being involved in everything if anyone cares to look, so again it is of no surprise given the fact that Canada is the most financially sound economy in the world today, and as reports are now saying 'was never apart of the global recession'(hmmm how did they swing that?), this would make Canada a perfect candidate for spending all that real money it has racked up(as apposed to certain southern neighbors...).

I would not worry about Canada and the NWO, other than them attempting to form the NAU. Before any real control over Canadian citizens can occur they'll have to step up that plan. And we are the 6th or 7th most stable economy I believe.

The reason we weren't really part of the financial crisis is because we don't allow our financial institutions to mess around like the US allowed. We have relatively sound economic systems (as much as a fiat currency can give you) as we can.

But we don't have any money to go to war with any nation. We are doing this because it's easy, I don't think Canada will get very involved at all. We citizens sure don't want another war and with the current potential election coming up there's too much to worry about without having Libya in the mix.

~Keeper

edit on 3/22/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

join