It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geiger Counter readings - Updated: Radioactive fallout wave travelling across U.S?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Seems to be normal for the most part, with the exception of a few spikes:

Global Jet Stream forcast (March 13-21st)

There is nothing be alarmed about, YET.

edit on 19/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: title @ OP request

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok, The first video just shows a single spike in MicroRoentgens, could be caused by anything. What we should be looking for is a sustained increase above background for any given area.

The second video is not a geiger counter, it is a dosimeter, it records cumulative dose. and that thing is really really old. I'm talking the 60's and 70's old.

The 3rd video is from yesterday, the newspaper is anyway

I did not read anything above background until around 8:30 this morning pacific time. Background for where i am is 4.5 - 5 mRem/hr. This morning i started reading 6.5 - 7 mRem/hr. that is still very low and nothing to worry about yet. But that is the type of thing to look out for. Sustained increases above background.

But overall i agree, nothing to be concerned about yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am providing updates on readings for my location, about 50 miles north of San Diego on this thread.ATS Thread

But I am curious to hear from other locations

edit on 19-3-2011 by watchitburn because: I'm stupid

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This could be a very useful thread to all of us here in North America. Maybe even Europe down the road but I hope not.
I really can't add anything to this thread as Rads and such is way over my head.
To anyone posting information, could you please include a simple version of statistics along with your readings and musings? By all means do the science thing but please don't forget us simpletons here that failed Physics big time.
Thanks to all, Regards, Iwinder
S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank you, I don't do as well with OPs and just made a thread, so I'll add this. Its not the west coast. This is going to be continent wide.

Salt Lake city just had a radnet reading of over 200, then it dropped.

Radnet cdxnode64.epa.gov... is alligned with its gross beta count to www.radiationnetwork.com... and www.blackcatsystems.com... except those two are artificially low.

But 125 is danger danger, note I do round figures.

To begin with, San Francisco had over 200 reading Friday and San Bernino was reported at over 200 Thursday evening.

ALERT! RADIATION reaches USA - BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIA ! March 16, 2011 - 234 uR per hour

This video shows pretty much what I've observed myself since last night, it says the direction of the winds, and southeast then north and east. So, last night I observed Los Vegas city on radnet as being between 180-190 high. then I woke up and Idaho was 190, and Tuscon was 187.

Both of those have dropped. But Salt Lake City was over 200 a while ago, and dropped quickly. i had no idea if it was tampered with or if the winds there are just very fast, so it was in the 80's swiftly.

colorado springs is:

Fixed Monitor Location: CO: COLORADO SPRINGS
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 06:04:25 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 07:04:33 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 158
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4345
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2551
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 786
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 371
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 256
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 359
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 111
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 92
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 135

Its the beta gross count rate you want.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Unless we're in a bubble in western Canada they're tampering with the data, no way, would it not get to Canada yet, if its in Idaho and Salt Lake city, so I would really appreciate any indoor or outdoor readings from geiger counters, with explanations about what the figures mean as its been pointed out they vary.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Now if we could only see how the jet stream would carry this radiation based on this map:

www.targetmap.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have been watching this from the radiationnetwork.com site and have not seen any large spikes.
That site has to be glitching out.

Radnet also has the SLC site in quality review status.

edit on 19-3-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yes its "glitching out", on purpose I think. But, the info of 125 or so, whatever their cutoff point is on the site, and quite frankly they just dont have as many reading sites. Radnet has the most. The black cat one did show San Francisco, was high. But it may tampered with too. But all 3 give roughly the same reading for southern bc as seattle, and I am wondering.

I think the safe thing to do is to take precautions because even lower readings would have dust. Wash clothes, most can't throw them, and wash up alot. Stay in alot. Stay in when readings are high for sure.

There are probably more strict guidelines, would like some advice on this as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Live Geiger Counter

I posted this link already on some other threads. It's a real-time stream of a geiger counter in Santa Monica. I've been monitoring it on and off since yesterday and there's been nothing out of the ordinary.

The site is slow to load because it's (understandably) getting lots of traffic. Once you start the stream, however, the stream plays perfectly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Its heading our way. Richland Washington, radnet

Fixed Monitor Location: WA: RICHLAND
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 08:28:34 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 09:28:42 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 133
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 1933
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1211
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 392
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 192
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 130
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 158
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 86
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 37
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 57

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Radiationnet has them at 42.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Now down to 21

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

158cpm
Colorado Springs

and Amarillo Tx

298cpm
edit on 19-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Radnet is the US Government monitor. And I think they take 100 off, but they are the most accurate. The other just showed a coaliton to show the kind of limit that was dangerous. ie. low areas matched up roughly so the same 125 danger line would apply to radnet too.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Lite blue in Amarillo.
[Legend for color scheme

* Dark Blue - RadNet monitor is running
* White - RadNet monitor is temporarily out of service
* Light Blue - RadNet data is undergoing quality review

For the fixed monitors, the following icons are used:
fixed monitor location with data that is current spacer fixed monitor location with data that is not current spacer fixed monitor location with data that is under review

For the deployable monitors, the following icons are used:
deployable monitor location with data that is current spacer deployable monitor location with data that is not current spacer deployable monitor location with data that is under review ]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is high too. Its disbursing. But if they're not taking 100 off like I suspect, or more, then this is fallout from the over 200 at the coast yesterday morning.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't think I trust the Govt one.
Radiationnetwork is supposed to be a site with individuals connecting to the site with their personal meters.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
WA: RICHLAND
Map data ©2011 Europa Technologies, INEGI - Terms of Use
Map
Satellite
Hybrid
1000 mi
1000 km

Monitor Information:

Fixed Monitor Location: WA: RICHLAND
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 08:28:34 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 09:28:42 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 133
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 1933
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1211
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 392
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 192
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 130
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 158
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 86
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 37
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 57

Radnet is still showing 133.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm from Utah. Currently doing the European Tour courtesy of the United States Army. If it gets bad, look for members of the LDS community disappearing. They have Geiger counters. They have plans for this type of event.

Let them be your "canaries" to coin a phrase.

Just two cents.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join