It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warships launch airstrikes on Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
5 bucks says Obama bribed the French to go in there and strike first so as not to look like another U.S. take-over.
Another war, yay.

I don't support Gadaffi and his firing on the people but #ing cmon, the U.S. will probably NOT leave Libya after he gets taken down.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Mod note: Please stay on topic. -- Majic

edit on 3/20/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is a slight aside, but I was watching the news yesterday when this op was just starting. It was either on CNN, AJE, or the BBC, but I saw pictures of what I think were Hornets prepping to take-off at night. They had these luminous panels near the nose, and on the rear vertical fin, and on the wings if I'm not mistaken. They had a yellow-green glow resembling that of old radium paint used on watches.

Does anyone have any idea what these panels are called? They made the planes look like they were gonna go fly in the Tron universe.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
F@#k yeah tomahawks wastin that loser Kaddafi. This is the only thing that they understand, pure power. The rebels will be hangin his hide from a streetpole just like Mousellini old school stytle real soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Well it means that the fist pounding and civillian killing crap that Gadaffi is pulling isn't gonna fly any longer - you thought it was aviation related?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealJayZ
No fly-zone my ass.

The top news here in San Francisco is the French jet fighter which made a strike against the pro-Gadhafi forces today. The fighter jet attacked a military vehicle, which is believed to be a tank and destroyed it.

SF Examiner

It is a UN approved no fly zone to protect the people from their government ..
France is not bombing the people ... that would be Gadhafi.

And this would be the people saying they had enough of that bull#.

edit on 20-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by SirKnightE

B-B-B-ut...I thought it was just a "No-Fly Zone?" Does this mean we were lied to...Again?

You know what a "no-fly zone" means right?

It's for commercial aircraft connected to NATO affiliated countries to keep the skies clear for bombing runs, and not to mistake commercial airplanes with warplanes in case they need to shoot stuff down from the sky.

hence why Ron Paul said (in my own words) "a no-fly zone? let's just declare war right away"

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Now the MSM is reporting that this is just the beginning of a Multi-Phase Operation. Wonder what the next phases will be?

"Once we have established the No-Fly Zone, we will then move into the next phase"

I thought...oh never mind.

Phase 1: shoot
Phase 2: loot
Phase 3: rape
Phase 4: rule

This article is propaganda laden:
" But faced with the prospect of a massive humanitarian disaster at Kadafi's hands, Obama found himself in the uncomfortable position he has spent weeks trying to avoid: that of world policeman"

..lol.. reads like some cheesy b-movie plot.. btw LA Times, a policemen isn't allowed to punish or kill. nice try equating that guy to law enforcement... he plays judge, jury and executioner, not cop...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think thats somewhere around 65 million dollars worth of missles right there.
That's the first thing I thought of too, the $$$

That estimate sounds reasonably close to me.

Ka-ching! Somebody's bread is getting buttered.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

MARCH 19, 2011
OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'...

drudgereport.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

Yeah, but you're not a warmonger as long as you have a (D) next to your name. Obama is just looking out for the best interests of the little poor people of the world, right? Whatever. The media is nothing if not predictable.

How much oil is in the ground in Libya again? Oh wait, I'm not supposed to mention that, am I?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Im willing to bet USSOCOM, JSOC and CIA/SAD are already on the ground in Libya.
edit on 20-3-2011 by BuckNutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
Just thought I'd point out to everyone going on about the no fly zone

France have 20 jets in Libyian airspace & have taken out Pro gaddafi tanks & LAV's

I want to know why this is happening in Libya, but nothing is happening in Barhaan, Yemen or Syria

I can break it down for you.

The revolts in Bahrain and Yemen (heard nothing on Syria) are Shia revolts against a Sunni elite most likely sponsored, or at the least egged on, by Iran.

Saudi Arabia will not tolerate the al-Khalifa's to fall in Bahrain as it would also agitate their own oppressed Shia minority.

Any successful shia uprising in Bahrain or Yemen would likely lead to a pro-Iranian Government being installed and in the case of Bahrian, that would not only give them land either side of the Straights of Hormuz, but also influence over the Home of the US 5th Fleet, which would be unacceptable.

Add into all this that Saudi has the West by the gonads (Oil) and we can do nothing about it. Whereas we can actually do something about Libya and it is in the EU's backyard. The EU do not want a failed state on it's southern border which already is a launch pad for illegal immigration and is a security risk.

That's geo-politics for you.

I hope people read this because I have said it many times on ATS the past couple of days and people still ask "What about Bahrian?".

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Just thought I'd point out to everyone going on about the no fly zone

France have 20 jets in Libyian airspace & have taken out Pro gaddafi tanks & LAV's

I want to know why this is happening in Libya, but nothing is happening in Barhaan, Yemen or Syria

Ok you have my attention..

I think the truth, has already revealed itself.

OIL

THIS!!!

No, it's got bugger all to do with Oil! We were already in there drilling, why go to all this effort? Jeebus...

Did you notice at the beginning of the Japanese crisis all the mainstay news channels were trying to redirect you to the plight of the Libyan rebels, only NHK news was sticking to the most important crisis with the earthquake, tsunami & power plants

No, I didn't notice. I have BBC 24 on pretty much all the time and from the day of the earthquake until about Wednesday it was wall to wall coverage of Japan. Not sure what channel you were watching.

I've read some Americans predictions (thats on this site in the forum) cannot remember who it was, but he supposedly predicted the great war & ww2 & it is eerie how much it seems we are moving towards ww3 esp with Isreal now calling for an invasion of Iran

I wouldn't pay much attention to about 95% of the predictions for WW3 on here. I've been here since 2004 and there have been so many "This is WW3 people!!" hreads it's just silly. We were supposed to in a World War with Iraq, and then Lebanon, then Georgia, the Gaza, then Iran (never happened at all!!). It's all just people wishing for a big WW so they can have somethign to watch on TV. It never happens and it won' this time.

My wife is 6 months pregnant, It's looking more & more likely my soon to be born baby is going to be born in a very different world from where I grew up

Your baby will be fine. That said, we all grow up in different worlds to our parents, so don't fret. I grew up during the latter half of the Cold War, my kids are growing up in this current Age of minor scuffles and terrorism, their kids may, hopefully, grow up in a world that is more peaceful and prosperous.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LikeDuhObviously

They never got any video of planes attacking Libya when Gaddafi was supposedly attacking his people. Only the lamest videos ever of extras they hired shooting up in the air.

Funny how all of a sudden its possible to get video of airstrikes when the NWO is doing it.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

No, it's got bugger all to do with Oil! We were already in there drilling, why go to all this effort? Jeebus...

Its got everything to do with oil.

"Oil" isnt all about drilling. Its also about transport. Everyone of these nations involved in "democratic uprisings" just happen to be nations that could disrupt oil trafficking. Just look at a map.

Its got bugger all to do with the Libyan people, thats what its got bugger all to do with.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The revolts in Bahrain and Yemen are Shia revolts against a Sunni elite most likely sponsored, or at the least egged on, by Iran.

Saudi Arabia will not tolerate the al-Khalifa's to fall in Bahrain as it would also agitate their own oppressed Shia minority.

Any successful shia uprising in Bahrain or Yemen would likely lead to a pro-Iranian Government being installed and in the case of Bahrian, that would not only give them land either side of the Straights of Hormuz, but also influence over the Home of the US 5th Fleet, which would be unacceptable.

Add into all this that Saudi has the West by the gonads (Oil) and we can do nothing about it. Whereas we can actually do something about Libya and it is in the EU's backyard. The EU do not want a failed state on it's southern border which already is a launch pad for illegal immigration and is a security risk.

I hope people read this because I have said it many times on ATS the past couple of days and people still ask "What about Bahrian?".

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The revolts in Bahrain and Yemen are Shia revolts against a Sunni elite most likely sponsored, or at the least egged on, by Iran.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Let em' get on with it, im'a still eat pizza and play Call of duty (Black Ops)

PS: Im done fighting for these pricks.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Oh yeah, silly me. That's why we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, wasn't it? I remember now, that's what everyone said...

Were did that pipeline go to then? Oh, that's right, there was never going to be one!

Oh, but it was about surrounding Iran for strikes in 2005..No, 2006..No, it was 2007..Oh, silly me, it was supposed to be 2008... Sorry, the war with Iran was due to start in 2009..Or was it 2010?

See where I am going with this? All these same old reasons for "NWO" evil plans and invasions never actually materialise, do they?

Oh and let's just conveniently forget that we already have a pipeline from the ME and central Asia running through Turkey and southern Europe. It's almost finished, if not altready online...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LikeDuhObviously

I've never seen a clear answer to who's plane that was. At first the "news" was reporting that it was a rebel plane that defected. Then all of a sudden a few hours later, it was gadaffi defying the no fly zone. Noone really knows.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join